Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #1546
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBrix View Post
How about "Look like a BEAUTY, Run like a BEAST"! Lol!
Sorry for the double post - but I LOVE this!! I wish I was running as Belle, now!!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #1547
M likes the mouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07 View Post
I'm stoked! I've never been to Orlando before, so it'll be an experience for me. I'm only worried about the humidity! I hope it's not too bad when we are there.

---------------------------------------

I've seen a couple posts (while trying to catch up on this board, I've been MIA) about the airport shuttle to Disney. Is it easier to have them just take your bags for you or is it smarter to wait for the carousel? I'm just nervous that it wouldn't get delivered to my room! And also is it easy to get from the terminal to the shuttle? That's my only fear is being all scatter brained and having minimal signage to help me find my way!

Tinker Bell was so much fun! It got me super pumped for Princess. I need to get started on my outfit! Best of luck continuing with your training, ladies!
MCO is a really small airport, I don't think you could really get lost. If I'm right there's a map of the airport on the magical express voucher. You can also check the airport website to see what gates your airline usually use. As for the luggage, I always use their bag check. Much easier. That being said, since luggage might be delayed, either because of the ME or the airline itself, I always bring a change of clothes and everything I'll need for the race in my carry-on, only to be on the safe side.
Dec 08 DL, Aug 09 POP , June 10 POP, Oct 10 Beach Club, Dec 10,CBR, May 11, DLP Sequoia Lodge, Aug 11 Dolphin, Dec 2011 DL offsite, March 12 CBR, June 12 AKL, Sept 12 Beach Club, Feb 13 POR, Aug 2013 DL Disneyland Hotel
Me: DH Simba Mitten Chloe
Run Disney addiction:
Feb 13 GSC, Aug 13 DDD, Feb 13 PHM, Sept 12 TOT 10 miler
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #1548
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

I wound suggest NOT checking your running clothes and shoes. Day time clothes can be replaced but if you don't have what you are comfortable running in, 13 miles could be a long way. Bags do get "lost", sent to other airports, etc. It just happened over Christmas. One of our bags look an extra 24 hours to arrive. Luckily it was skis and on Southwest and they pay for the cost of rental equipment...great time to demo new stuff! But you do NOT want to demo new shoes etc on race day.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #1549
DeerIsleDisney
Mouseketeer

Playing major catch-up on this thread, so please forgive the quotes from 10 pages back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Princess View Post
Hello Princesses,

Any fellow New England Princesses out there? It's getting hard to motivate myself to get out the door to run outside and was curious if anyone else is out there in the same boat. Of course, we've had some warm days so that helps, but looking at the forecast for next week of mostly "high in the 20's" is really hampering my motivation

Maine here and boy that "high in the 20's" would be appreciated right about now! Guessing you are experiencing the same frigid temps and windchills as we are this week. Brrr!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post

Another lawyer mommy here (also at BCV)!! Welcome to the group and tell us about yourself!! :hi:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerAllie View Post
Another Boston Princess struggling with the cold wind; another BCV-stayer! (Hopefully we'll actually get a room at BCV this time-- the last time they somehow ran out of inventory and after an hour of searching they found us a room at BC.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgal View Post
We're at BCV too - never heard of them running out of inventory. Now I have to worry abouth that too! And yes, we' re already signed up for the DL races.
I'm staying at BCV too! It will be our first visit to this resort - just me and DD (13) - she is stoked for Stormalong Bay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
I had my first half this morning!

The furthest I had gone in a training run was 9.5 and that was three weeks ago. The next week I went for a long run and I just had a bad day and it didn't happen. I was so worried I was under trained and would end up walking the last half. I did great today and ran my intervals as planed the entire race. I stated to get tired around mile 12. Finished in 2:52 when I thought I would be closer to 3:10. They say if you get to 10 miles in training you will be fine for a half, I believe that.
Great job on your first half! I'm encouraged by your experience as I might not get past 10 miles in this training cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post
Saw Longhorns FB pics from the Tinkerbell this morning - she was dressed as a Fireside Girl (Phineas & Ferb) - super cute!

Cripey - let us know how it went!
Any of you Tink runners (or marathon weekend - Joan) have race reports posted on blogs or elsewhere on the boards? Please include links so we can read about your adventures!

Quote:

For those of you worried about the weather at DL vs WDW in the fall-- DL is in the desert, so it gets very cool overnight, even in Aug/Sept. For last year's DL 1/2, even though it was warm during the day (80/90), the race was 60/70 and very dry-- nothing like the TOT! Of course, the longer you are out on the course, the hotter it gets, but the race starts before 6AM, so even by 9AM it's not so bad.
I ran the DL 1/2 last fall too and loved the weather (except for that blinding sun coming up when we crossed the one overpass). It was warm, but no humidity, so felt great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reagansmom View Post
Hello everyone! Who else is in the frozen north with me? It's -4 with the wind chill today. I can't wait to be in FL! We leave in month.
We're in Maine and freezing this week! I have one local friend still running outside and I don't know how he does it. Looking forward to a few days of Florida temps and sunshine in February!

Quote:
I just got new shoes yesterday! I've been running in Brooks Adrenaline 12's, and they just came out with the 13's, so I thought I would go back into my local running store (Marathon Sports) to try a few options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
I love marathon sports! It's where I got my shoes! Mizuno wave inspire 9s... Before I had brooks defyance 5s. Although recently I cheated on them with the greater boston running co. As I had a groupon and they're right down the street from where I work.
I got my shoes at Marathon Sports too!! Love seeing the Boston Marathon finish line just outside. We live in rural Maine... no running stores nearby... but DH works in Boston a ton and we always stay at the Sheraton by Hynes CC when we go with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
Hi Princesses
I just wanted to share......we just got back home from DL and running Tink. Had a great time and loved the warm weather.
This race was actually my best yet !!!!!
Really for the first time I was really "in the zone" and just kept pushing myself, kept running and had a strong finish. I'm usually very cautious (probably too cautious) especially when running by myself, but something just really clicked and I just went for it !!!! Maybe it was my wings. But I am even more excited for Princess and to really push and challenge myself even more.

I'm so excited and I knew you Princesses would "get it". Now I am half way there to finally getting my C2C. Until next years Tink, it's time to put my wings away and start polishing up my tiara.

Can't wait to run with all of you !!!!!!
Congrats on a great race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacate View Post
Lol it was 50F!!! All these people were wearing parkas this afternoon and I was loving it in my capris and light long sleeved shirt. It's all perspective. It's not toasty, but I'd rather be here than in 5F weather at home. The water fountains at the park even worked! They turn ours off around Columbus Day!
LOL! I grew up in Atlanta but have lived in New England for many years. We show up to visit Atlanta family in the winter and are out in our shorts and flip-flops while everyone else is layering up with sweaters and coats.

We leave four weeks from today!!! SO excited! Wishing I was further along in my training though.
OKW - May 2011 Star Wars Weekends
OKW, Treehouse Villa - Dec/Jan 2012
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon - Sep 2012
Princess Half Marathon, Beach Club - Feb 2013
OKW - April 2013
Disney Fantasy/Dolphin - August 2013
Thanksgiving 2013 at OKW
Christmas-New Year's 2013/14 at Boardwalk
Old 01-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #1550
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M likes the mouse View Post
MCO is a really small airport, I don't think you could really get lost. If I'm right there's a map of the airport on the magical express voucher. You can also check the airport website to see what gates your airline usually use. As for the luggage, I always use their bag check. Much easier. That being said, since luggage might be delayed, either because of the ME or the airline itself, I always bring a change of clothes and everything I'll need for the race in my carry-on, only to be on the safe side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post
I wound suggest NOT checking your running clothes and shoes. Day time clothes can be replaced but if you don't have what you are comfortable running in, 13 miles could be a long way. Bags do get "lost", sent to other airports, etc. It just happened over Christmas. One of our bags look an extra 24 hours to arrive. Luckily it was skis and on Southwest and they pay for the cost of rental equipment...great time to demo new stuff! But you do NOT want to demo new shoes etc on race day.
I'm definitely NOT checking any of my race stuff! I'm pretty sure I would die inside if I didn't have *my* running shoes and sports bras etc. So no worries that's ALLLL goin' in the carry-on. Thanks though!
And I guess I need to take a closer look at the magical express pamphlet I got! Thanks so much for your help. Makes me feel better that the airport isn't giant
Old 01-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #1551
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBrix View Post
Just catching up in all the posts!

How about "Look like a BEAUTY, Run like a BEAST"! Lol!
I like this!

DH is running with me and our daughter. He needs something like this or similar to go with the theme of the race.

We're thinking of a frog theme. Any ideas or suggestions?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #1552
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Believe it or not, I am all packed! Just washed my stuff from the Tink trip and put it back in the suitcase. I replenished my nutrition products and got a new tube of toothpaste and I am set.

Last edited by IMGONNABE40!; 01-25-2013 at 06:41 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #1553
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40!
Believe it or not! I am all packed! Just washed my stuff from the Tink trip and put it back in the suitcase. I replenished my nutrition products and got a new tube of toothpaste and I am set.
Pretty much my plan for tomorrow. It's all clean, just have to repack minus my costumes. Dint gave those ironed out. But I'm planning to go the same. Why reinvent the wheel?

I'm slowly getting used to the idea of leaving again. I packed a lot into the Tink 6 days and was feeling mentally and physically low. But sliding getting back to game mode!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 01-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #1554
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgal

I like this!

DH is running with me and our daughter. He needs something like this or similar to go with the theme of the race.

How about this for your hubby, "I was a frog before she kissed me and made me her prince."
Old 01-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #1555
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

I was talking to my girls tonight about my costume for Princess. Was hoping to start getting excited for it. May have worked a little. I think once I unpack and do the laundry from Tink I'll start to get excited. Just feeling a little overwhelmed right now and I'm worried that Princess won't live up to Tink with all the cool, special experiences I had there.

Someone convince me its going to be just as special.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 01-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #1556
MizBrix
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgal

I like this!

How about a picture of a frog prince with the quote "A kiss if you can catch me!" He can have Hershey's kisses with him for those that ask
Old 01-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #1557
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2
I was talking to my girls tonight about my costume for Princess. Was hoping to start getting excited for it. May have worked a little. I think once I unpack and do the laundry from Tink I'll start to get excited. Just feeling a little overwhelmed right now and I'm worried that Princess won't live up to Tink with all the cool, special experiences I had there.

Someone convince me its going to be just as special.
You'll get to hang with me- so all good!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 01-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #1558
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2

You'll get to hang with me- so all good!
Agreed! 30 days away, ladies. FYI, 53 degrees right now in SE Fla. Buurrrrr!

Old 01-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #1559
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M likes the mouse View Post
MCO seems huge to us! Obviously not as huge as someplace like ATL, but our airport at home is tiny. We have only have 12 gates. But yes, it's easy to find your way around MCO.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #1560
LoveMyMoos
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Pretty much my plan for tomorrow. It's all clean, just have to repack minus my costumes. Dint gave those ironed out. But I'm planning to go the same. Why reinvent the wheel?

I'm slowly getting used to the idea of leaving again. I packed a lot into the Tink 6 days and was feeling mentally and physically low. But sliding getting back to game mode!
Don't say that!! You can't be all burned out for me! It took you years to convince me to do this lol.
Nov 2013 POFQ Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon Jan 2014 Paradise Pier DL Tink 1/2 Marathon Feb 2014 Contemporary Glass Slipper Challenge
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: