Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #3016
Ashley0408
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Show them the video of the fireworks headboard... That did it for my DS! (But he wouldn't care one way or the other, so long as there is a pool with a slide! )
We are surprising them with the trip so no can do on showing them pictures.

Me (26) Brenton (27) Matthew (5): Ryan (3):

Last edited by Ashley0408; 01-24-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #3017
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley0408 View Post
We are surprising them with the trip so no can do on showing them pictures.
Then stay where you want!! They will be thrilled just to be there! Have fun!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #3018
DisneyEhCA
Canadian Mom in a Magical World

I'm a little bummed that others got a confirmation email that their faxed requests were taken care of. I faxed on Monday, and left a voicemail for Mr. e this afternoon, but haven't heard a peep. Fingers crossed!

Even if my request isn't granted, it's still going to be a fabulous vacation. Where else would anyone rather be than the mostt magical place on earth??

---------------------------------------------------
Me (38) DH (47) DS (4)
October 2011 - All-Star Movies
February 2012 - Pop Century
January 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside (fingers crossed!)
Old 01-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #3019
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is going to sound silly but are the royal rooms too "girly"... I have two boys and don't want the older groaning about it being "girly". I loved the details of the room so I say yes, but its my children's first trip to the World and I want to have all the details done

Thanks
I wondered a little myself about the same thing. I have a dd15 who will LOVE the Royal Room but I wondered if my ds8 would think it was girly. You know your kids best but it really is "Royal" themed not "Princess" themed. The colors could go either way and there are touches of the princes as well as the princesses. My ds is going to LOVE the headboard and like someone else said.. a pool with a good slide is the tipping point for my son. He'll be at Disney. I could pitch a bright pink tent in the parking lot to sleep in and he'd still have fun.

Also have you seen the videos? These gave me a good idea of what the rooms are like.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2mYDjZ5OUk

Last edited by pigletto; 01-24-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #3020
Ashley0408
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I wondered a little myself about the same thing. I have a dd15 who will LOVE the Royal Room but I wondered if my ds8 would think it was girly. You know your kids best but it really is "Royal" themed not "Princess" themed. The colors could go either way and there are touches of the princes as well as the princesses. My ds is going to LOVE the headboard and like someone else said.. a pool with a good slide is the tipping point for my son. He'll be at Disney. I could pitch a bright pink tent in the parking lot to sleep in and he'd still have fun.

Thats great! I made the mistake of looking at the pirate rooms at the carribean... Now I am lost again. Hate this part of the decision making... its all easy sailing afterwards.

Me (26) Brenton (27) Matthew (5): Ryan (3):
Old 01-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #3021
melissarose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEhCA View Post
I'm a little bummed that others got a confirmation email that their faxed requests were taken care of. I faxed on Monday, and left a voicemail for Mr. e this afternoon, but haven't heard a peep. Fingers crossed!

Even if my request isn't granted, it's still going to be a fabulous vacation. Where else would anyone rather be than the mostt magical place on earth??
i haven't got a response either, so you're not alone. but i'm not going to worry about it. venom suggested calling but i'm not really wanting to do that and i guess now seeing that you called and haven't heard anything i probably won't bother. hopefully i'll be pleasantly surprised when we arrive, but it's no big deal as long as we have a room (a garden view room, which we paid for LOL)!!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #3022
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Thats great! I made the mistake of looking at the pirate rooms at the carribean... Now I am lost again. Hate this part of the decision making... its all easy sailing afterwards.
My biggest issue with the CBR pirate rooms is the location. They are so far from the food court. These are much closer, relatively speaking.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 01-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #3023
Muddypaws
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarose View Post
i haven't got a response either, so you're not alone. but i'm not going to worry about it. venom suggested calling but i'm not really wanting to do that and i guess now seeing that you called and haven't heard anything i probably won't bother. hopefully i'll be pleasantly surprised when we arrive, but it's no big deal as long as we have a room (a garden view room, which we paid for LOL)!!
Maybe it's a Canadian thing because I haven't heard anything back about the fax I sent earlier this week also. . Ah well, I am not going to worry about it too much.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #3024
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I totally agree with Cinderumbrella. I've never been interested in the pirate rooms because the location is really quite far from the main buildings and I don't want to take an internal bus to go to the food court.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #3025
DisneyEhCA
Canadian Mom in a Magical World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
Maybe it's a Canadian thing because I haven't heard anything back about the fax I sent earlier this week also. . Ah well, I am not going to worry about it too much.
Good point, actually. Maybe they aren't able to call internationally? Ahh well, I'm sure we'll all have a great time as long as we've got a place to sleep!

And thanks to you and melissarose for responding - now I don't feel so left out.

---------------------------------------------------
Me (38) DH (47) DS (4)
October 2011 - All-Star Movies
February 2012 - Pop Century
January 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside (fingers crossed!)
Old 01-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #3026
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I saw that your boys are on the younger side. Not only are the pirate rooms furthest away from pool and food, but you have to be careful with how you turn on lights. If the room is dark, you go towards the bathroom, pulling the privacy curtain shut because you'll be turning on lights, and turn on the light in the vanity or bathroom area, there will be a big scary skull and crossbones, back lit, for the kids in the room to see.

The CM checking us in, when she saw that DS was only 6, made sure to warn me of this phenomenon, in case DS would be scared. He would be, so I made sure to show him before he got anywhere near tired, in case it happened accidentally.

I'm not a big fan of having to be careful not to accidentally scare my kidlet with a simple bathroom run, LOL, so I'm not sure we'd do the pirate rooms again.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #3027
Canooknic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEhCA View Post
Exactly!! I'd be happy in a tent in the carpark....which might be preferable when we first arrive because I will have 2 very tired little boys who will just want somewhere close-by to sleep!

POR Feb 6-14 2013
POR Feb 2-11 2014
Old 01-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #3028
rsleleux
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

In all seriousness though, that is one downside of resort staff going way above and beyond the normal level of guest service - people start to expect it rather than just being happy when they get a bit of extra pixie dust. Some WDW resorts apparently just throw room-request faxes away (we've been told) yet because of the sterling work from the room assignment folks at Port Orleans we're now starting to see people worrying when they haven't been emailed back to confirm all of their requests within a few hours.

Andre
I admit I am worried that I haven't received a response to my fax in the past week but I am truly grateful for all the help that I have received from you and Venom! I do not have any expectations of being upgraded and I realize a request is simply that, it is a request! I am just trying hard to get my best chances at making sure POR gets my request and hopefully have pixie dust spread my way! If not, I am at Disney and that makes me feel fortunate and blessed just that in itself! I have stayed at all the other moderate resorts several times but due to this thread, I am most looking forward to my stay at POR! You guys are kind, helpful and genuine! It is ironic that I am from Louisiana and never really desired to stay at POR because I felt like I know Louisiana and I see the Bayou everyday why would I want to stay there? Well what made our decision was that we needed to fit 5people in a room and after reading the thread and the website, it feels like home! I am surrounded by kind people in my hometown and I am really glad we are staying here! I found my new home at Disney!

Old 01-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #3029
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Okay, I've searched a little to try and find an answer so I wouldn't have to ask what may be a silly question, but there is so much information to read through I couldn't find it.

I notice a number of people mention requesting a corner room. What is the appeal of a corner room?

Just curious.

Heather
Old 01-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #3030
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
Okay, I've searched a little to try and find an answer so I wouldn't have to ask what may be a silly question, but there is so much information to read through I couldn't find it.

I notice a number of people mention requesting a corner room. What is the appeal of a corner room?

Just curious.

Heather
You only share one common wall. You also get a second window if you want a view and that is if you have your blinds open.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: