Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #3001
klwdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
ETA Nevermind!! I found the link that shows the room locations that Andre posted above. So helpful! Just love your site Andre

Oh! where is it??
I scrolled up and didn't see it...

9/86 - Poly (with family), 11/97 - Honeymoon @ Hyatt Orlando, 3/99 - POR, 11/00 - ASMo,
10/05 - POP Century, 9/07 - 10th anniversary POR, 5/08 - POFQ with Just Mom!5/09 - Moonsoon Trip to CBR, 5/12 with Mom at POR, POR/POLY 5/13 Bday with mom & friends, NEXT UP: November 2014 Contemporary Garden Wing for the Food & Wine Festival with Mom!

Old 01-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #3002
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwdisney View Post
Oh! where is it??
http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php

Scroll down to the map and click on the building you're interested in and it will show what views are available and where they're located within that building.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #3003
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwdisney View Post
Oh! where is it??
If you go to http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php and click on any of the accommodation buildings in the resort maps you will see a full floorplan of that building.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #3004
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneypenny View Post
I just want to give a shout out to Venomhatch and Andre (and all the other wonderful posters on this thread) for all the great work they do in support of our love of POR!

I just sent in my fax for our room request (thanks to Venom for his quick and helpful PM), ordered my water for delivery, and am basically trying not to giggle like a little girl with excitement for our upcoming trip!
No Problem, Love to help where needed.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #3005
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandim View Post
Just a couple of hours, I followed the format of Venomhatch's form fax request, which I am positive accounts for the quick response!!
I faxed mine this afternoon for our arrival on the 30th! I hope I hear back as quickly.

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
Old 01-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #3006
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Organizing the room

For those with larger families, how did you organize your room?

Anyone have advice on things to use for extra storage?
We have 3 adults and 2 kids, so at least 3 big suitcases and a couple of duffle bags we will need to store in the closet. I read that there isn't space under the beds in the AB rooms.

Last time at POP (w/4) I used an over the door shoe holder for odds and ends, I got a couple little small baskets to throw keys, money, etc. in at the end of the day and some larger baskets to put in kids socks, underwear, PJs, bathing suits that didn't need to be folded. It doesn't look like there's as much space in the AB rooms - with no armoire to put things on top of, etc. I had the hanging folding shelves, but found they didn't really work for us -kids kept knocking everything out of them. lol

I notice two spots under the sinks - are they big enough for baskets?

The drawers under the murphy bed look small. Are they bigger or deeper than they look in the pics?

Thanks!

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
Old 01-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #3007
kenly777
Mouseketeer

There are a total of four medium size drawers. A full rack for hanging clothes. A decent amount of storage area under the sink and under the drawer by the phone area. There is also a narrow shelf along the top of the Murphy bed. We had room, but we had to stay on top of keeping the room clean and putting the worn clothing in the empty suitcases. We also did laundry half way through to cutback on some of what we had to bring. Hope this helps!

We loves AB. We stayed in building 16 and found it to be a very convenient location.

Have a great trip

Many years of staying off site before 1990, 1990 CBR Honeymoon, 1999 CSR, 2005 Rental House, 2008 SS, 2010 Rental House, 2012 POR, 2013 OKW/BCV, 2014 BWV
Old 01-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #3008
camandjacksmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids
For those with larger families, how did you organize your room?

Anyone have advice on things to use for extra storage?
We have 3 adults and 2 kids, so at least 3 big suitcases and a couple of duffle bags we will need to store in the closet. I read that there isn't space under the beds in the AB rooms.

Last time at POP (w/4) I used an over the door shoe holder for odds and ends, I got a couple little small baskets to throw keys, money, etc. in at the end of the day and some larger baskets to put in kids socks, underwear, PJs, bathing suits that didn't need to be folded. It doesn't look like there's as much space in the AB rooms - with no armoire to put things on top of, etc. I had the hanging folding shelves, but found they didn't really work for us -kids kept knocking everything out of them. lol

I notice two spots under the sinks - are they big enough for baskets?

The drawers under the murphy bed look small. Are they bigger or deeper than they look in the pics?

Thanks!
Walmart has these cardboard 3 drawer little end table looking things that are flat when you get them so they fit in your suitcase! They fit under the area where you hang your clothes in the bathroom. We were able to fit 3 there! It was space we weren't even using and it gave us 9 drawers!!! They were like 4 bucks each last year!!!

Me : DH DS(15) DS (11)

October 2014-TBD and Girls Cruise!!!January 2014-POR,January 2013-POR,September 2012-POR,February 2012- POR,June 2011-POR,October 2010- Off Site,January 2010- Off Site,June 2009-Disneyland,January 2009-Off Site,December 2008- Off Site,Dec 2007-Off Site,June 2001- Disneyland, May 2001- Fort Wilderness, Dec 1998-Disneyland
Old 01-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #3009
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Target and Walmart both sell a hanging shelf organizer for $14.99 (5 shelves & shoe organizers on the side.) Works on the pole in the sink area.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #3010
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I have a question about standard views in the Royal Rooms. Are they all parking lot views? Standard is what I paid for and I won't be unhappy with a parking lot view but if there is something else I might consider making a request and seeing how we do .

Does anyone know where there are any pictures of the standard views? Like I said, we are just thrilled to be going and getting to try the Royal Rooms (surprise for the kids) so I'm not too worried about it. I just like to know what to expect.

ETA Nevermind!! I found the link that shows the room locations that Andre posted above. So helpful! Just love your site Andre
I just came back from a stay in a RR Standard View. We were very close to the elevators in the back of Oak Manor. Our direct view from the window was at the right wall of the room across the corridor (where the "arms" make a turn to create the courtyard), but going out the door gave us a direct view of the courtyard. I could see the parking lot, sure, but so could the folks with the garden view. And the parking lot was not at all obtrusive. It was a great room!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #3011
Lizzybean
Mouseketeer

I finally faxed my request in this morning (hopefully not too late) and we are on our from FREEZING Chicago just in time! The snow is supposed to start overnight! Can't wait to get to POR Saturday!

Thanks to everyone on the boards, especially Andre and Venom, for all the helpful advice!

June 2014: Beach Club!
Jan/Feb 2013 at POR
July/August 2012: Fort Wilderness FUN
July 2011: Offsite
90s: Offsite

I'm addicted to the pixie dust!

ME DH DS15 DD10 DD6
Old 01-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #3012
g8torphan
Mouseketeer

Prepping my request fax....have a quick ?:

From the 3rd floor at Parterre in a RGV can you see the river at all or is it blocked by trees?

Magic Kingdom 2.2.13 Magic Kingdom 5.17.13 Epcot 5.18.13 Animal Kingdom 5.19.13
Magic Kingdom 2.25.12 Hollywood Studios 5.17.12Magic Kingdom 5.18.12 Animal Kingdom 5.19.12

DIS Dad's Club Member # 698
Old 01-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #3013
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Yes, big square mansions tend to have corners.
Ya know? I had a feeling you'd reply that way.

That's why I clarified myself.

I'd LOVE to see any pics anyone has of corner RGRs.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #3014
Ashley0408
Earning My Ears

Royal Rooms

This is going to sound silly but are the royal rooms too "girly"... I have two boys and don't want the older groaning about it being "girly". I loved the details of the room so I say yes, but its my children's first trip to the World and I want to have all the details done

Thanks

Me (26) Brenton (27) Matthew (5): Ryan (3):
Old 01-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #3015
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley0408 View Post
This is going to sound silly but are the royal rooms too "girly"... I have two boys and don't want the older groaning about it being "girly". I loved the details of the room so I say yes, but its my children's first trip to the World and I want to have all the details done

Thanks
Show them the video of the fireworks headboard... That did it for my DS! (But he wouldn't care one way or the other, so long as there is a pool with a slide! )
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: