Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
vcgirl925
Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason i have trust issues

Tell me about Hoop Dee Doo

We originally were just going to hang low on Sunday. Do some activities at the resort, take the boat to DDD, etc. We are arriving late on a Saturday night at WDW. However i was thinking of changing our plans a little bit. Maybe going to MK at rope drop on a Sunday. Hit the new Fantasyland. Then leave the park for hotel break. Then later that night go to see the Hoop Dee Doo. We've never been and i think we will all like the food, sounds similar to mickey's bbq. Just not sure if the show is worth it or not. What is your experience with HDD?

Upcoming Trips:
Caribbean Beach Resort: June 25th 2014
Beach Club Resort Sept 13th 2014

Last Trip: Port Orleans Riverside Feb 9th 2013
vcgirl925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Go! Very cute Show! We had a great time. So entertaining.

Food is good.
Performance is great.

We loved it.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

It is my FAVORITE Disney experience. The food is wonderful, all you can eat, and the show is really fun! Great for families and celebrations.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #4
Kimosabe
DIS Veteran

Our DD10 and DD8 love it -- probably their favorite dining event on property. If the timing fits, it can also be nice to walk over to the FW beach after dinner to watch the MK fireworks and the water parade.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
vcgirl925
Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason i have trust issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimosabe View Post
Our DD10 and DD8 love it -- probably their favorite dining event on property. If the timing fits, it can also be nice to walk over to the FW beach after dinner to watch the MK fireworks and the water parade.
GREAT! I'll check the times before booking!

Upcoming Trips:

Old 01-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #6
vcgirl925

Ok they have avail show times at 6:15 and 8:30. Wishes is at 9pm. Do you think the 6:15 show is too early to stay for Wishes?

Upcoming Trips:

Old 01-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
vcgirl925

According to the website HDD is not on the dining plan? I thought it used to be two table service credits. Not anymore?

Upcoming Trips:

Old 01-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #8
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcgirl925 View Post
According to the website HDD is not on the dining plan? I thought it used to be two table service credits. Not anymore?
Category 2 and 3 seating is available on the dining plan. 2 TS credits.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...2013Dining.pdf
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #9
Arenita
Are we there yet?

It's a very fun show - corny humor. My niece and young cousin giggled through the entire show. (I enjoyed that as much as the show itself.) Your kids are the right age. Lots of audience interaction. Food is good and plentiful. I'm not sure what times the wagon rides are, but you may have time for one before Wishes. The wagons load up right near Pioneer Hall.

Enjoy!

Apr 86 DL...Sep 93 WDW Off-site...Nov 05 WDW Off-site...May 07 POFQ '50th B-day'!...Aug 08 Poly 'We survived TS Fay'~Hawaii Upgrade!...Aug 09 GF 'P-O-S-H Trip'~Lagoon View upgrade!...Jun 10 FWC 'Gathering of the Princesses'~1st Road Trip...Dec 10 CR 'ChiChi's Very Merry Birthday Party'...Aug 11 FWC 'FACES@TheFort' ~Road Trip #2...Dec 11 YC 'Occupy Main Street USA'~First solo trip!...Jul 12 SSR 'TrulyEpicAdventure.4.3'~Road Trip #3...Jun13 FWC 'Stitch's Great Escape XIII'~Road Trip #4...Sep 13 BWI 'Spidercuzzins Not So Scary F&WF'...Dec 13 WL 'Chillin' Christmas'...Feb 14 AKL 'Jambo Junket'~Solo Trip #2...Apr 14 BC 'Flower Power!'~Solo Trip #3...Sep 14 BWI 'Diva-licious Magic'...Nov 14 WL 'Lodge Tree-t'...Jan 15 AKL 'Where I'm Going?'
Arenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #10
vcgirl925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arenita View Post
I'm not sure what times the wagon rides are, but you may have time for one before Wishes. The wagons load up right near Pioneer Hall. Enjoy!
Thanks! I'll look into the wagon rides too. Is there a fee?

Upcoming Trips:

Old 01-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #11
DEA
DIS Veteran

Just chiming in that it is a fantastic show. Our girls (8 and almost 6 now) love it and quote the corny jokes whenever the subject of HDDR comes up.

The show is around 2 hours long, so that puts you out at around 8:15 from a 6:15 show, and then you need to get transportation over to MK if you want to see Wishes there, which will take, at the most, probably 30 minutes to drop you off at MK, so 8:45 at the latest, giving you 15 minutes to get through bag check and the gate before the fireworks kick off. That wouldn't be a comfortable amount of time for me to do anything else and expect to be set up for Wishes inside MK, but things could always break a little better with the boat, and you may be able to move your family better than I can move mine at times (the almost-six-year-old can be... stubborn). You may need to move further into the park than Main Street in order to get decent viewing spots for the fireworks; I know it fills up well in advance, although going at a slower time of the year it may not be as big an issue.

I hope you all enjoy the show!

DIS Dads Member #432
DEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #12
vcgirl925

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEA View Post
Just chiming in that it is a fantastic show. Our girls (8 and almost 6 now) love it and quote the corny jokes whenever the subject of HDDR comes up.

The show is around 2 hours long, so that puts you out at around 8:15 from a 6:15 show, and then you need to get transportation over to MK if you want to see Wishes there, which will take, at the most, probably 30 minutes to drop you off at MK, so 8:45 at the latest, giving you 15 minutes to get through bag check and the gate before the fireworks kick off. That wouldn't be a comfortable amount of time for me to do anything else and expect to be set up for Wishes inside MK, but things could always break a little better with the boat, and you may be able to move your family better than I can move mine at times (the almost-six-year-old can be... stubborn). You may need to move further into the park than Main Street in order to get decent viewing spots for the fireworks; I know it fills up well in advance, although going at a slower time of the year it may not be as big an issue.

I hope you all enjoy the show!
Thanks!

Someone said that you can watch Wishes from the beach at for wilderness. So right after dinner we can hang out on the beach and wait for the fireworks to start.

Upcoming Trips:

Old 01-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #13
gonzalj1
DIS Veteran

Our family, including DD9 and DS7, really enjoyed HDDR. Not a must do for us as its 2TS credits but definitely a fun time.

You can absolutely watch wishes from the dock but keep in mind there is no music. At least there wasn't a few years ago when we were there. Takes a lot away from the experience for me but I adore the music for wishes.

Have a great time!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #14
Marine Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
It is my FAVORITE Disney experience. The food is wonderful, all you can eat, and the show is really fun! Great for families and celebrations.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I AGREE!!!!! It is a must do every trip! Just went on Sunday and my DH was picked for the show. We laughed so hard. Disney must be doing something right since there are 3 shows a day and they fill up fast.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #15
DEA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcgirl925 View Post
Thanks!

Someone said that you can watch Wishes from the beach at for wilderness. So right after dinner we can hang out on the beach and wait for the fireworks to start.
Gotcha. Sorry, I was assuming too much, but that definitely reduces the stress of after-dinner-pre-fireworks.

DIS Dads Member #432
DEA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: