Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #61
1Mouse2RulethemAll
Mouseketeer

First one- yes, but she was induced. Couldn't move for hours.

Second one- no, she came too quick, but I loved the fact I was up and walking 15 min after birth.

Third, Ask me in 4 months.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Contemporary-September 2009
Disneyland Hotel-October 2009
Disneyland Hotel-December 2010
Bay Lake Tower/MVMCP-December 2011
1Mouse2RulethemAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #62
ReneeA
DIS Veteran

Yes for #1 - long labor, ended up with pitocin, over a 10 pound baby. Thought it was great, after squeezing that kid out, I would have liked to gone home with it to get through the following 2 weeks of healing tissues.

No for #2... fast labor, no time for one. She was a much smaller baby...felt like I could run a marathon the day I came home. She didn't do nearly as much damage as he did.
1980 offsite, 1988 offsite, Aug 1998 offsite, Apr 1999 offsite, Aug 2005 (free dining) ASMo, Aug 2006 (free dining) CSR, Aug 2007 CSR, Aug 2008 (free dining) CSR, Aug 2010 (free dining) CBR, Aug 2012 WL, Feb 2014 girl's trip AS Sports
ReneeA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #63
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

No

My first labor lasted about an hour and a half. My water didn't break until her head crowned so we did not realize how far along I was and were still trying to get dressed to go to the hospital. DH delivered here in our bathroom.

I was induced for the second one so he could be born in a hospital Went from 2 cm and a baby who had not dropped, to my son being born n 53 minutes. No chance for an epidural if I had wanted one.

I'm lucky, the pain is intense, but with my second it was manageable since I knew it would not last too long. If I had to endure that for hours and hours I would not last.

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #64
mhsjax
DIS Veteran

Yep all 3 times. Is there any other way?
mhsjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #65
princesspumpkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeo View Post
First - yes I was admitted to the hospital at 6:30 AM on THURSDAY in full labor - he was delivered at 10:38 AM on FRIDAY - so many things went haywire there were 30+ medical people in the room at the end, I think they were about to start emergency c-section - didn't really ask cuz he was healthy and that's all I cared about.

Second - I begged for it as we walked in the door. Doc was calmly talking to hubby and said ok, let me just check where you are at and then I'll call for the anesthesiologist - well she checked and said you can push right now and I did about 3 times and DD was born!

There were other complications with the first, but holy cow the recovery from the second was sooo easy, I was taking a shower an hour after she was born. But I wouldn't change anything about anything!

You really had over thirty medical people in the room when you delivered? Was there a group of med students who wanted to watch? I can't imagine needing 30 people for one delivery. Did you have sextuplets?

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain
the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
princesspumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #66
HelenePA
I could use a cupcake now
I'm a tetris addict!
I have a secret obsession with turkeys
Yep I am Cat Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspumpkin View Post
You really had over thirty medical people in the room when you delivered? Was there a group of med students who wanted to watch? I can't imagine needing 30 people for one delivery. Did you have sextuplets?
I had 20+ in the room with my first who was born at a teaching hospital (Penn St Hershey, she is a chocolate baby) and she was born with a heart defect so we also had a NICU team in there with us. My 2nd daughter was also born at a local teaching hospital, again 20+ student nurses in there.. 3 pushes later she was out.. I said on another thread I make it look easy and I know that's true.. I have good muscle control which is VERY important while pushing.

someone asked why I loved labor? Well to start I knew I wasn't going to be pregnant much longer 10 minutes after I had my last I was up dancing to the shower because I wasn't pregnant anymore.. My nurse must have thought I was crazy.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #67
jentifred
Earning My Ears

Nope, neither time. I was terrified of having a needle put in my spine. With my first I ended up with back labor and it was pretty awful, but my phobia was so strong that I STILL didn't want one with my second. Turned out he was positioned better anyway and I hardly noticed being in labor with him!

I still am terrified of them. When I had surgery on my ankle in 2009 I was offered spinal anesthesia or general. I don't think the anesthesiologist had finished asking me before I told him to just knock me out!
jentifred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #68
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Yup, with both deliveries.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #69
Kitty 34
Hums in her sleep, but never when she's awake
I only raise tomatos for those cute caterpillars... but I won't go near a tomato
Never underestimate the TF!!!

No, times 3 but then back in "my day" we didn't have the option. I think if I had had the option, yup I would have had an epidural in a heartbeat.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #70
runsandjumps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2
Jumping in to ask a quick question.

Those who have had an Epidural, were you itchy and nauseated from it? I don't think they use the same meds but I remember when I worked ortho and we had a lot of people that had epidurals for joint replacements and I tell you 3/4 of the ones that had them were throwing up their guts and itching all the time for the whole time it was in (usually until the 2nd day). And then they were still in pain or the wrong leg was numb.

I guess I just have a fear of them for when I have a baby (hopefully sometime soon) but I really don't want to be in pain (I'm a wimp! LOL) so if I wouldn't have the above effects I'll be first in line!
Yes I remember being very itchy, then the nurse gave me a cold cloth to soothe my face.
runsandjumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #71
mommymeg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peainapod
Yes or no?
1st child: epidural, stalled labor, had to suction the poor kid out with a plunger.

2nd baby: horror story alert:
Induced at 9am, epidural given at 12..."oops" is never something you want to hear from someone jamming a needle in your spine. Turns out the medication was injected incorrectly "it will not numb you and you may have a little headache"...baby flew out 10 minutes later... SEVERE MIGRAINE for the next week, even with an epidural patch. Literally could not pick my head off the bed without vomiting and they were pushing to drink as much caffeine as possible (which only lead to a wired and sleepless nursing newborn). 12 years later I'm still goosey when anyone touches my lower spine.

3rd baby: had so much fear of a repeated error that I didn't even consider it, and probably would never agree to another. Delivered naturally, and painfully, but you get over the pain the minute you hold your heart in your hands.

Works great for most, but I unfortunately saw how it can go wrong. I definitally don't knock anyone for getting it though!
mommymeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #72
aristocatz
DIS Veteran

I had an epidural & it was the best decision for me. The epidural itself really hurt to put in, but once it was in, the rest of my labor ran so smooth. It really made my experience a positive and peaceful one

Last edited by aristocatz; 01-25-2013 at 09:21 PM. Reason: spelling
aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #73
Auggietina
The sky was streaked with reds, pinks, and white
I kept getting glue over EVERYTHING

No.

I had an intrathecal instead
Auggietina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #74
brookmey
I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blue

For #1, yes, but it took 2 tries. The first time it hit a nerve and completely freaked me out. I almost decided against it, but when the nurse told me I was very near the point of no return, I decided to try it again. No problems the 2nd time around and I'm very glad I had it. DH was very glad, too.

For #2, I had a scheduled c-section.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #75
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Had one the first time and hated it. Could not leave for a long time because it lasted so long. Next time, absolutely NOT.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: