Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #2986
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandim View Post
I also just got an email that my request was granted!!!!! Thank you to Andre & Venomhatch again and again and again!!
How many days before arrival did you send your fax in?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #2987
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

I just sent my fax in. And now I will be obsessively checking my email, since you guys heard back so quickly!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #2988
kandim
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
How many days before arrival did you send your fax in?
Sent it today, we arrive Wed 1/30, so 6 days out!!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #2989
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sent it today, we arrive Wed 1/30, so 6 days out!!
How long was it between when you sent the fax and received the email?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #2990
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
This thread was started September 27, not even 4 months ago. We're already up to 200 pages. I wonder if we need a separate POR Fax Info thread. That might help this thread last a little longer. Just a thought, carry on.
That's an idea, as a lot of people do ask about faxing requests. I tried to answer everything I could think of in www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php, but at the time I stopped short of giving an actual fax template in that page or in the FAQ here, as I reckoned it would be better to keep the faxes personal and individual. Perhaps I should add Venom's template info (or a variant of it) to the FAQ, as there seems to be so much success with it? With his permission of course. Unless there is extra secret voodoo magic in his PMs too, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Honestly, I hate to even waste a post space on this, but I am most concerned that we will hit the 250 limit while Andre is in WDW next month.
Don't worry, I should have sufficient tech with me to create a new FAQ thread while I'm at WDW if necessary.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #2991
kandim
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
How long was it between when you sent the fax and received the email?
Just a couple of hours, I followed the format of Venomhatch's form fax request, which I am positive accounts for the quick response!!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #2992
pepper881
Earning My Ears

requests

quick question we are staying at POR 8/27- 9/2 ... there are 3 adults and 2 kids...will there automatically be a trendel bed in the room or do u need to request one of those... its our first time traveling with 5 and is our first time at a moderate resort...
Old 01-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #2993
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper881 View Post
quick question we are staying at POR 8/27- 9/2 ... there are 3 adults and 2 kids...will there automatically be a trendel bed in the room or do u need to request one of those... its our first time traveling with 5 and is our first time at a moderate resort...
As long as none of the kids are under 3 years old, you will definitely be assigned to an Alligator Bayou room - all of which include a fold-down bed (which replaced the old trundle beds last year) in addition to the two queen-size beds.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #2994
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
I also just got an email that my request was granted!!!!! Thank you to Andre & Venomhatch again and again and again!!
Your very welcome. Also to the others that have PMed me I am reading them now. Please be patient.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #2995
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Just got an email confirmation about my fax, and all of my room requests were granted, too! WOOHOO!!! Thank you so much, Venom! I'm even more excited, now -- if that was possible
Old 01-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #2996
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Just got an email confirmation about my fax, and all of my room requests were granted, too! WOOHOO!!! Thank you so much, Venom! I'm even more excited, now -- if that was possible
Glad to hear it. I have replied to all PMs.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #2997
Sunshine1987
Mouseketeer

Hot Tub & Mansions

Quote:
Yes there's a hot tub on Ol' Man Island just next to the main swimming pool, but you're right that it is quite often crowded, even in the evenings. Nice though.
THANKS Andre! Great picture! The hot tub looks cozy. I am surprised so many kids want to be in a hot tub! My kids always want to be in the cool pool!!! We will definitely check it out after our MNSSHP and the EF&WF nights since our kids will not be with us on this trip. Unless of course it's like 90 degrees in late October!!!

I LOVE this thread! I wish I could fast forward to at least April so I could make my ADR's. Planning on one meal at Boatwrights for a Fri night and hopefully YeeHaw Bob after that! I sure hope he's there when we are. We missed him last time.

Seeing everyone on here talking about faxing room requests makes me wish our trip was sooner! I hope everyone has a wonderful time and the DIS users get an extra dose of pixie dust!!! I will definitely have to review all the tips for the faxes when the time draws near. I already paid for a garden view royal room so I am pretty sure our room will be lovely no matter what. But a little pixie dust for a top floor room for extra privacy would be perfect! Last time we stayed in the furthest bldg with a parking lot view in AB but I didn't make any (or pay for any) special requests so I was fine with that! The AB section is very lovely. I hope the mansion sections will be too!

I think I remember Andre saying he was going to do the room layout for the mansions too but I haven't seen that. Did I miss the post?
Disney World- ~ASMovies in April 2004 ~Beach Club in May 2009 ~POR/Poly split stay in May 2010 ~Fort Wilderness in March 2011
Disneyland, CA - 1969-1993 (so many trips - I grew up 11 miles from DL), 1995, 1997, 2001, 2008 (off-site)
California Adventure - 2008 (off-site)
Old 01-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #2998
poohmickey
Mouseketeer

Location: West Coast - more than 3,000 miles from WDW - but that won't stop us!

Smile

Quote:
I am so happy for you and the others who are getting responses to their fax request! It makes me worry that they didn't get my fax or weren't able to grants my request, which was a mansion room instead of AB, so I resent my fax. Here's to hoping we, and the others out there waiting, get good responses!
Old 01-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #2999
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I have a question about standard views in the Royal Rooms. Are they all parking lot views? Standard is what I paid for and I won't be unhappy with a parking lot view but if there is something else I might consider making a request and seeing how we do .

Does anyone know where there are any pictures of the standard views? Like I said, we are just thrilled to be going and getting to try the Royal Rooms (surprise for the kids) so I'm not too worried about it. I just like to know what to expect.

ETA Nevermind!! I found the link that shows the room locations that Andre posted above. So helpful! Just love your site Andre

Last edited by pigletto; 01-24-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #3000
Moneypenny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Glad to hear it. I have replied to all PMs.
I just want to give a shout out to Venomhatch and Andre (and all the other wonderful posters on this thread) for all the great work they do in support of our love of POR!

I just sent in my fax for our room request (thanks to Venom for his quick and helpful PM), ordered my water for delivery, and am basically trying not to giggle like a little girl with excitement for our upcoming trip!
Carribean Beach Resort - October 2010
Carribean Beach Resort - March 2009
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: