Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #1336
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonfamily View Post
My husband will turn 40 on our trip this year over Spring Break. We are having dinner at Ohana that night, staying at the poly. I feel like I'm going blind looking at this thread for ideas. He likes cars, so I was thinking maybe a cars themed cake? Anyone have any suggestions about thier favorite cake combinations? I throw myself at the mercy of this awesomely experienced thread - help me make a decision!
I know how you feel. I have looked at all of the info on here and still have no idea what to do. My DH turns 41 on this trip, but wanted to do something special since we did not do much for his 40th. I hope someone can help you out with some ideas.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 01-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #1337
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Got the classic Castle Cake from GF this past weekend. We got the vanilla one and it was delicious! DBF called Pat 24 hours before (my mistake that I forgot about it and we only stayed one night) but after trying to sway him away from getting it, she agreed and it was made and arrived after 7pm which was a great surprise after dinner at Narcoossee! I would order the cake again for sure!
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #1338
Jenny1985
Mouseketeer

I'm thinking about ordering a mini cake or 6 inch for my next trip as a thank you surprise for my aunt who is letting me tag along with her. Staying at the Contemporary. Can they deliver mini cakes to the room? How would a room delivery work. The only cake I ordered was delivered to my lunch at GFC. How will I know my room number in advance? Or I was thinking about ordering one of the other desserts they have. Is there a thread with those anywhere?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #1339
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny1985 View Post
I'm thinking about ordering a mini cake or 6 inch for my next trip as a thank you surprise for my aunt who is letting me tag along with her. Staying at the Contemporary. Can they deliver mini cakes to the room? How would a room delivery work. The only cake I ordered was delivered to my lunch at GFC. How will I know my room number in advance? Or I was thinking about ordering one of the other desserts they have. Is there a thread with those anywhere?
I ordered one last March for my brother while we stayed at CR. You just call the cake hotline for CR (number is on page one). You have to say who the room is booked under and what day you would like. They will have access to the room numbers to know where to deliver it. They will charge it to the room/tip so you don't have to be there when it arrives. Hope that helps, our cake was delicious!!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #1340
debjk4
Mouseketeer

Thanks lurkyloo! I don't love that whipped cream frosting so I think I will have one delivered to us for our meal at CRT.

Thanks for those pics!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #1341
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Hello All - Just wanted to add my experience here. I have been debating about what to order and where for my son's 7th birthday at the end of next month. I have also been making and changing ADR's for same reason.

I finally decided that he will be most happy with a cake, no matter where that cake is, as long as he has a cake on his birthday. To him, birthday means cake. And Disney. So we will be having it delivered to our room the morning of his big day.

He mentioned to us last week when we were talking about the birthday trip that he hopes he can get a Wreck It Ralph Cake. I said that that sounded like fun, but that I don't know what kind of cakes Disney World might have.

I had emailed the IPO back in December (we are staying CL at WL) and asked if they could help us order a cake to our room. They said they would be happy to help us order one to be delivered there. Last night I emailed them again to say I was ready to order and here were my specs:

A 6 inch, white cake with white buttercream frosting (No fondant), nothing too fancy, and if possible a Wreck it Ralph picture on it and delivered to our room for breakfast on his birthday. Failing Wreck it Ralph, I asked for just a colorful cake with primary colors and Mickey on it. I specified less than $50.

I got a reply today that the cake has been ordered and that the bakery is trying to locate a Wreck It Ralph picture, but if not, Mickey will definitely not be a problem. The cost is $39.

Hoping everything turns out okay, but honestly, he will just be happy it is cake.
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #1342
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
Hello All - Just wanted to add my experience here. I have been debating about what to order and where for my son's 7th birthday at the end of next month. I have also been making and changing ADR's for same reason.

I finally decided that he will be most happy with a cake, no matter where that cake is, as long as he has a cake on his birthday. To him, birthday means cake. And Disney. So we will be having it delivered to our room the morning of his big day.

He mentioned to us last week when we were talking about the birthday trip that he hopes he can get a Wreck It Ralph Cake. I said that that sounded like fun, but that I don't know what kind of cakes Disney World might have.

I had emailed the IPO back in December (we are staying CL at WL) and asked if they could help us order a cake to our room. They said they would be happy to help us order one to be delivered there. Last night I emailed them again to say I was ready to order and here were my specs:

A 6 inch, white cake with white buttercream frosting (No fondant), nothing too fancy, and if possible a Wreck it Ralph picture on it and delivered to our room for breakfast on his birthday. Failing Wreck it Ralph, I asked for just a colorful cake with primary colors and Mickey on it. I specified less than $50.

I got a reply today that the cake has been ordered and that the bakery is trying to locate a Wreck It Ralph picture, but if not, Mickey will definitely not be a problem. The cost is $39.

Hoping everything turns out okay, but honestly, he will just be happy it is cake.
I bet they can find an image with Ralph to put on the white chocolate. Hope the cake is great for your DS
Old 01-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #1343
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=lurkyloo;47271223]The cakes in the photos look to be at least 8 inches, if not 10, so hopefully it's just a matter of size./QUOTE]

This was Brian's response - which makes perfect sense. "The reason wasn’t that we couldn’t do a cake like the ones in the photos you provided. I can’t combine the over the hill theme and the monorail theme as our monorails do not ever appear in our resorts or parks that way. I can do a monorail cake for you though. The monorail would have to be standing up in front of the cake. As a 6” cake will not accommodate that sized topper.

So I'll be officially ordering the OTH cake next week so I don't think about it anymore as I can't let him off the hook that easy with a monorail one. =)
Old 01-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #1344
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Placed my order yesterday for DD'S mini 2 tier cake at our CRT birthday breakfast. I specified pink buttercream frosting with darker pink Mickey head dots adorning the sides and some sort of princessy topper - maybe a princess cone hat with Mickey ears? Chocolate with peanut butter cup filling. Chef Brian quoted me $40. Can't wait to see it!!

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #1345
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post

That sounds great!!! Could you post a picture of it after your trip when you have a chance. We are staying Poly CL and I think I will try to go through them too! Thank you for the post. Enjoy your trip

Many Trips Before DS
Old 01-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #1346
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyJen View Post
Placed my order yesterday for DD'S mini 2 tier cake at our CRT birthday breakfast. I specified pink buttercream frosting with darker pink Mickey head dots adorning the sides and some sort of princessy topper - maybe a princess cone hat with Mickey ears? Chocolate with peanut butter cup filling. Chef Brian quoted me $40. Can't wait to see it!!
Please post pictures when you have a chance after your trip. This sounds like something I might do this one!!!

Many Trips Before DS
Old 01-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #1347
Keithsmomma
Earning My Ears

Wanted to know what you opinions were. Celebrating my son's 3rd birthday at Disney this yr. Was wondering what restaurant you would recommend ? I'm definitely special ordering his cake. Thanks in advanced

Rachael
Old 01-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #1348
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithsmomma View Post
Wanted to know what you opinions were. Celebrating my son's 3rd birthday at Disney this yr. Was wondering what restaurant you would recommend ? I'm definitely special ordering his cake. Thanks in advanced

Rachael
Who is his favorite character? I'd let that direct me. My DGD's is, and always has been, Mickey. She loves the Princesses as much an any girl. But nothing makes her light up like the Main Mouse. That directed me to book her birthday cake to be delivered at Chef Mickey's.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #1349
teacup princess
DIS Veteran

Just got back and I thought I'd post a picture of our Cars themed cake. I had this delivered to our Cars suite at the Art of Animation resort. I wanted a Cars/Rusteez themed cake just as a way to poke fun at my husband for his 40th birthday. I wasn't too specific with directions. I just asked for a Cars theme with a big number 40 on it and I asked them to incorporate the Rusteez quote from the movie on a white chocolate plaquard. It was an 8 inch vanilla with white chocolate mouse filling. I had originally asked for buttercream only because I didn't want to pay for fondant and I wasn't sure my kids would like the taste of it anyway, but I was pleasantly surprised when I received a fondant cake. I was also pleasantly surprised that the fondant tasted really good and my kids liked it. Overall I was happy with what I got. I wasn't happy however, with the resort delivery. I asked for it to be delivered at 8pm on our arrival day and had to make several calls to the front desk to inquire about it. For a while they couldn't find it and it didn't arrive until after 9pm. By then we were too tired to eat it. Oh well. It was $74 total including delivery and tip.

Last edited by teacup princess; 01-24-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #1350
MonorailJunkie
Earning My Ears

Snow White Cake

Hey everyone!

I am pretty new to this site for the most part, I don't post much but I definitely love to read about these cakes! So much so that I was inspired to order one for my mother's birthday dinner in EPCOT about 2 weeks ago. We had the cake delivered to our table at Le Cellier and it was a hit! The staff were telling me how much they loved the cake and they had all taken pictures of it before they brought it out! She is a huge Snow White fan so I worked out some ideas with Theresa over in the Yacht & Beach Club Bakery to really knock this one out of the park. I gave her a pic I found online of a cupcake liner that was made to resemble Snow White's dress and told her I would love to have a red candy apple placed on top with a quote from the movie. We went with 2x 8" vanilla cake with fondant icing and chocolate buttercream filling, it was FAR from dry and tasted outrageous! This cake exceeded my expectations, was definitely within my budget and made my mother sooo happy! It was so perfect! I am absolutely going to do this again when I come back to WDW!

I just need to figure out how to post a picture of this thing!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: