Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #2086
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I love that picture!!!!!
That's so cool miss m was born overseas!!!

I am still at WL..

You are totally right with rack rates. My WL is with 20% off..but there's a TA offer for GF that is about 50% off with some date tweaks....however I'd have to talk some into going or not ask and just do....

You can do it Marie!!! There's a few nice offsite options I've read about. When my mama comes back I'm sure she can help..our cali gal...is she ever coming back is the question....
enjoy Florida weather...we are in the 20s this morning was 8 degrees.Brrrr

Btw...you may have to share Donnie with me. I recall my first nkotb show it was at msg..I think I was in 8th grade...LOL
Sharing my Donnie!?!?!?!?!?!? I'm sure he wouldn't mind!

I love him. I watch Blue Bloods faithfully (very good show if you haven't seen it) and yes, I have stalked NKOTB on tour since 2008, but my first concert was at the old Foxboro Stadium when I was about 12!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #2087
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Sharing my Donnie!?!?!?!?!?!? I'm sure he wouldn't mind!

I love him. I watch Blue Bloods faithfully (very good show if you haven't seen it) and yes, I have stalked NKOTB on tour since 2008, but my first concert was at the old Foxboro Stadium when I was about 12!
Hi, RC family! I'm sorry I have been MIA for such a long time....I do try to read, but then get to missing Sarah and leave without posting.

I know there have been some very sad family times - my heart and prayer are with you, even if I am not here posting.

Some NKOTB fans here! When my kids were young we lived down the street from Donnie & Mark (of course Mark had his own music career) - the family was well known ... Every girl near and far thought he looked like Donnie - a mother's worst nightmare at that age! . They were a typical large family in our neighborhood. LOTS of kiddos!!

I'm glad Donnie and Mark both turned out to be very good actors, so we still get to see them! I'm a fan of Blueboods too...only because of Donnie!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #2088
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

yaaaaaay!!!!!

basketlacey - my girls are not independant swimmers yet, but they are working on it, however, DH and I are always with them in the pool anyway, so they'll be good to go!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #2089
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Minnie&Nana: what is this about a cruise??
Jen,

Yes to the Cruise! It is definitely the last thing I ever expected to ever consider doing - given my horrible fear of heights and water! AND I do not swim - almost drowned at River Country back in the 80's; it was not a pretty site, but a very funny story the kids told over and over....and over!

When Dis friends said they really wanted me to go and it isn't until Feb 2014, I decided it was time to step waaay out of my comfort zone and have a new adventure. Fingers crossed the MS will not mean I am more sensitive to motion, but think it will be okay. It is a quiet time for a cruise weather wise and I have read that any light motion on the Dream feels more like a train and I love long distance train rides.

That's the latest in my world...oh, except that next week Sophia (& mom and dad) will spend 2 ngts in a LM room and a day a the MK, including CRT breakfast! Very exciting! I will be here with Rosie our furbaby...I told DD that I had better see LOTS of text pics!!!

Old 01-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #2090
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

basketlacey - my girls are not independant swimmers yet, but they are working on it, however, DH and I are always with them in the pool anyway, so they'll be good to go!
I was going to suggest setting up camp near one of the sand bars with a delicious cool drink from the bar! My kids (even the 13 and 11 year old) played at those sand bars for hours!!!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 01-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #2091
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Jen,

Yes to the Cruise! It is definitely the last thing I ever expected to ever consider doing - given my horrible fear of heights and water! AND I do not swim - almost drowned at River Country back in the 80's; it was not a pretty site, but a very funny story the kids told over and over....and over!

When Dis friends said they really wanted me to go and it isn't until Feb 2014, I decided it was time to step waaay out of my comfort zone and have a new adventure. Fingers crossed the MS will not mean I am more sensitive to motion, but think it will be okay. It is a quiet time for a cruise weather wise and I have read that any light motion on the Dream feels more like a train and I love long distance train rides.

That's the latest in my world...oh, except that next week Sophia (& mom and dad) will spend 2 ngts in a LM room and a day a the MK, including CRT breakfast! Very exciting! I will be here with Rosie our furbaby...I told DD that I had better see LOTS of text pics!!!
I hope they have a blast!!!

Oh and hi Kook!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 01-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #2092
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
I was going to suggest setting up camp near one of the sand bars with a delicious cool drink from the bar! My kids (even the 13 and 11 year old) played at those sand bars for hours!!!
That sounds like a plan!

I think my kids would love that area, it's like hanging at the beach, which they love!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #2093
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Okay, I am catching up!!!! DH is up in bed not feeling well he actually went to the Urgent Care for a flu swab, which was negative thankfully! So I am taking the evening to watch tv and catch up with my RC family

First of all, I have not welcomed Alison! We are a crazy bunch of enablers here and I will start right now enabling you....we stayed at CR in December and it was hands down my kiddos favorite resort. We had recently stayed at YC and WL, and to them CR was AMAZING! DH and I liked the feel of YC better and I loved being in the Epcot resort area, but we let the kiddos pick our Feb resort and without a second thought they both agreed on CR.

Okay now working forwards and backwards, up and down, let me see if I can catch up on what I have missed.

Christine - yay on the cruise! My one suggestion is to get a cabin as close to the middle of the ship as possible, it really makes a difference if there is any motion. I am sure Sophia will have a great time in the LM room, I am kinda jealous....I love LM Oh how cool that you lived down the street from the Whalbergs....there was definitely that Boston tie that made us swoon over them

Lacey - Oh so DL is an option now for spring break, I did not know that. Hmmmm, I cant imagine it would be any less crowded, but I honestly have no idea.

Candace - okay I am trying to remember, I know I went to a NKOTB concert on a New Year's Eve, not sure of the year, and I want to say it was the Worcester Centrum, but maybe it was in Boston. Maybe '88

Jeanette - BRRRR.....I hope you have warmed up a bit today! Ill send some sunshine and warm weather your way It sounds like none of you have decided where exactly you will land this summer

Wookie - oh no, it sounds like you had a rough day. Did you crack the Cuervo OH OH OH, I love the iPhone case! Sorry it is going to take so long to get here

Marie - yes, please stay out of the sleazy hotels I am sure there are plenty of nice options to stay off site and keep the costs low. I have faith your DL trip will be great!!!

i_heart - today was choc fudge brownies, but those actually come from a box. I was too busy with the kiddos to do a full bake today Congrats on the boys and the art competition! How exciting!

Miss - I promise I will post pics as I take them, they may get on FB faster than here since I don't have to upload them to flickr for FB. But you'll see the wherever I post them. Oh and YES "those" talks are coming I don't know where I was but somehow DH managed to tell DD where babies come out of, she went around telling everyone for 6 months, I was so embarrassed

padawans - sorry but about the dog getting his balls cut off comment! Hope DS is doing better with the whole thing. When we talk about the cats we used to have, DS always pipes up that we had to cut Snowball's balls off because he was mean, it is funny to hear him say it.

Ginny - are you thawing out yet? Did you get more snow? I cant believe how bad of a winter everyone is having considering FL is so warm right now. I though for sure our Feb trip would be nice and cool, but it only happens for a day and then warms right back up. I am hoping for a nice cold snap soon!

Jen - I hope life is getting back to "normal" and everyone is starting to feel better. I have to imagine you are so worn down between the sickies and the emotional drain of Nana's passing. Get some rest and take care of yourself

Hello to everyone else I missed Yesterday was DS' bday, no longer a teen, I cant believe he is 20 I got him take out from Outback and a Carvel cake and he was happy. I had also bought him a plane ticket to go to Boston for the Pax (gaming) conference.

I am really lost with no changes lately, I want to change something, just to change, but with no availability at BLT, we are staying put at CR since that is what the kids want. I only have 3 ADR's which I think is fine for a 5 day trip. We cancelled 2 ADR's once DS was diagnosed with the wheat allergy and haven't replaced them.

Hope everyone has a great evening

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #2094
padawans
DIS Veteran

Marie As far as booking Dl most Dl customers only book a month or two in advance. I could book a room tomorrow at any hotel and room type with Ap discount. This is a pretty slow time of year. Do you need Club level from what I've read it's not that great at Dl. CL is over 200.00 a night more. I'm not sure you will get that much value out of it. The hotels all have great breakfast buffets, and the parks won't open until 9-10 am. Just a my opinion of course. Paradise pier is a nice hotel too. We stayed in a suite there and it was really nice and roomy. The pool is on the roof which is pretty cool. You really can't beat the location of the Grand California. You are literally in the park and a theme park view is pretty sweet.

We went to Universal Hollywood last year. We stayed at the Hilton onsite. It's walking distance the parks and city walk. It has a breathtaking view. You can see Warner bros, and some other studios from your room. I think it's under 200.00 a night. If you haven't been it's great. Very different than Orlando. It's more about making movies than it is about the rides.

Knotts Berry Farm was my favorite as a kid. It's been 5 years since I was there, but we stayed at the Knotts Berry Farm Hotel. Not a deluxe by any means, but it was clean and walking distance to the park.

Embassy suites is my favorite hotel chain. I've stayed at many of them in Orange county. I stayed at one in Los Angeles last month. I have always had a good experience with them.

I haven't been to six flags in years so I have no comment on that.

Miss That picture was great. I think my kids will recover. Since I am the only female in the house I kind of enjoy seeing them cringe everytime I mention it.

I got the call from guest services today. Yes I was right(I knew that). Yes they made a mistake, and they need education(I knew that). Yes they realize there is a lack of consistency with cm's. The issue has been addressed with the higher ups, so yes you can make changes to a existing reservation. They were all apparently taken by surprise that the discount was discontinued. They did resolve the issue by offering me a very sweet deal in September so all is good. I hope my bad temper helped other people booked with the discount. The discounts came out July of 2012 so I am sure I am not the only one with a booking this year.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #2095
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Okay, I am catching up!!!! DH is up in bed not feeling well he actually went to the Urgent Care for a flu swab, which was negative thankfully! So I am taking the evening to watch tv and catch up with my RC family
I'm sorry he's sick, but I'm glad it wasn't the flu. Hopefully, he'll get better soon.

Quote:
Wookie - oh no, it sounds like you had a rough day. Did you crack the Cuervo OH OH OH, I love the iPhone case! Sorry it is going to take so long to get here
I didn't get to crack it open. The pharmacy had my prescription ready, so I'm back on at least one of my meds. I didn't want to drink when I'm getting back on them.

Quote:
Hello to everyone else I missed Yesterday was DS' bday, no longer a teen, I cant believe he is 20 I got him take out from Outback and a Carvel cake and he was happy. I had also bought him a plane ticket to go to Boston for the Pax (gaming) conference.

Hope everyone has a great evening

Melissa
Happy late birthday to your DS!! I am not looking forward to that day. I know there technically an adult at 18, but I think it'll really seem like the DSs are all grown up when they are no longer teenagers.

Was it a Fudgey the Whale cake? I think for the DH's March bday, I'll get him one (or two) of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
I got the call from guest services today. Yes I was right(I knew that). Yes they made a mistake, and they need education(I knew that). Yes they realize there is a lack of consistency with cm's. The issue has been addressed with the higher ups, so yes you can make changes to a existing reservation. They were all apparently taken by surprise that the discount was discontinued. They did resolve the issue by offering me a very sweet deal in September so all is good. I hope my bad temper helped other people booked with the discount. The discounts came out July of 2012 so I am sure I am not the only one with a booking this year.
I'm glad they followed up with you.

When I went out to get my prescription, I had to stop into Wal Mart and get a phone case. I've had the thing less than 48 hours and the back already has a tiny scratch. They had one Mickey Mouse, so I got that one. Although, JM thinks I should have gotten the Perry the Platypus. Then we got our favorite pizza for dinner. Now that we've moved, it's about a 28 mile round trip. JM and I were craving it though. The family went on vacation before Christmas and just got back on January 11th. We've been so busy, we haven't been able to get over there. The good news, is now they are opened for lunch. They used to just open at 4 PM. Plus they have a new larger menu. I think I'm going to try their Chicken Parm for lunch tomorrow.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-24-2013, 11:53 PM   #2096
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Hi ladies. It's been a busy day. Thursdays usually are for me. I work until 7:30 and when I get home the kids want all of my attention so I don't get to do anything online until super late. I will be burning the midnight oil to send out some quotes tonight. Business seems to be picking up for me!

Tonight I got some more details on my cousin and it just made me break down at my desk in tears. I don't like to cry, especially in public. But my coworkers were so sweet and comforting. I'm lucky to be in such a great office. I am so saddened by my cousin's death. It isn't that we were particularly close. In fact I think we met maybe three times in total. It's just the nature of how it happened. This is something I don't often talk about, but I was in an abusive relationship with Danimal's "father" and I just keep thinking that it so easily could have been me. I also think how horrible it is for my uncle to be dealing with this. No parent should have to bury their child. As a parent it is my greatest fear. I've been hugging my babies extra close this week. Sorry to be such a downer this week. Thanks for puttin up with me.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:20 AM   #2097
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Hi ladies. It's been a busy day. Thursdays usually are for me. I work until 7:30 and when I get home the kids want all of my attention so I don't get to do anything online until super late. I will be burning the midnight oil to send out some quotes tonight. Business seems to be picking up for me!

Tonight I got some more details on my cousin and it just made me break down at my desk in tears. I don't like to cry, especially in public. But my coworkers were so sweet and comforting. I'm lucky to be in such a great office. I am so saddened by my cousin's death. It isn't that we were particularly close. In fact I think we met maybe three times in total. It's just the nature of how it happened. This is something I don't often talk about, but I was in an abusive relationship with Danimal's "father" and I just keep thinking that it so easily could have been me. I also think how horrible it is for my uncle to be dealing with this. No parent should have to bury their child. As a parent it is my greatest fear. I've been hugging my babies extra close this week. Sorry to be such a downer this week. Thanks for puttin up with me.
I am so sorry your family is having to go through this. Your right, no parent should ever have to bury their child. My DH has an aunt that her first husband, who was very abusive, that she had three boys with. She had to bury one son, before I met my DH, and then a 2nd while I was pregnant with our oldest DS. She's lost the third one to a wife, that hates my DH's aunt with a passion. I just don't understand it because the aunt is the single sweetest person I have ever met, like Disney princess sweet. I've met the wife, and she makes the Disney villians seem nice.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-25-2013, 05:33 AM   #2098
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:

Oh, {{{Dani}}} I am so sorry your family must go through such a sad and difficult time. As a parent who has a lost a child, I know the pain your uncle is feeling - for the parent it doesn't actually matter so much how our child passed, but that they are no longer with us. That's not to mean your uncle is not devastated by the abuse she suffered, but what he is suffering most right now, is that he will never see his child again.

Even though you did not see your cousin often or have a close relationship, she is a member of your family - it is a terrible shock for you.

Gentle hugs to you, sweet friend. I am here 24/7 if it would help to talk....anytime, Dani.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:43 AM   #2099
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Marie As far as booking Dl most Dl customers only book a month or two in advance. I could book a room tomorrow at any hotel and room type with Ap discount. This is a pretty slow time of year. Do you need Club level from what I've read it's not that great at Dl. CL is over 200.00 a night more. I'm not sure you will get that much value out of it. The hotels all have great breakfast buffets, and the parks won't open until 9-10 am. Just a my opinion of course. Paradise pier is a nice hotel too. We stayed in a suite there and it was really nice and roomy. The pool is on the roof which is pretty cool. You really can't beat the location of the Grand California. You are literally in the park and a theme park view is pretty sweet.

We went to Universal Hollywood last year. We stayed at the Hilton onsite. It's walking distance the parks and city walk. It has a breathtaking view. You can see Warner bros, and some other studios from your room. I think it's under 200.00 a night. If you haven't been it's great. Very different than Orlando. It's more about making movies than it is about the rides.

Knotts Berry Farm was my favorite as a kid. It's been 5 years since I was there, but we stayed at the Knotts Berry Farm Hotel. Not a deluxe by any means, but it was clean and walking distance to the park.

Embassy suites is my favorite hotel chain. I've stayed at many of them in Orange county. I stayed at one in Los Angeles last month. I have always had a good experience with them.

I haven't been to six flags in years so I have no comment on that.

Miss That picture was great. I think my kids will recover. Since I am the only female in the house I kind of enjoy seeing them cringe everytime I mention it.

Glad Disney resolved your problem!!! Now, it sounds like you have the green light for change!!!! GO!!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Oh, {{{Dani}}} I am so sorry your family must go through such a sad and difficult time. As a parent who has a lost a child, I know the pain your uncle is feeling - for the parent it doesn't actually matter so much how our child passed, but that they are no longer with us. That's not to mean your uncle is not devastated by the abuse she suffered, but what he is suffering most right now, is that he will never see his child again.

Even though you did not see your cousin often or have a close relationship, she is a member of your family - it is a terrible shock for you.

Gentle hugs to you, sweet friend. I am here 24/7 if it would help to talk....anytime, Dani.
Big hugs to both of you!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-25-2013, 06:48 AM   #2100
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

Dani my heart goes out to you and your family, especially your your Uncle. loseing a child is the worst nightmare any parent can expierence. I am glad you were able to break free from your own abusive relationship, my eldest boys father was abusive too having him arrested and breaking off with him for the sake of my son was one of the best moves I ever made. I know you had an emotional breakdown since you are so right , that it could have been you. Take care my dear friend and know I am here if you ever need to talk.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: