DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
twoj
Mouseketeer

Waitlist at Hilton Head

Hi All, I am kind of new here as this is my first year as a member.
I would like to book a few days at Hilton Head in August and for the three nights I want to go the studio and 1 bedroom villa is only available 1 night.

The two bedroom unit is available 2 of the 3 nights.

I would prefer to stay in either a studio or 1 bedroom based on the cost/number of points... I have a waitlist for both a 1 bedroom and a studio but worried neither will come through.

Does anyone have advice based on number of rooms at the resort or prior experience how they would structure their waitlists to maximize chances...
twoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

Hilton Head Island:
76 Dedicated 2-bedrooms
21 Lock-off 2-bedrooms (Each can be booked separately as One Bedroom + Studio)
5 3-bedroom Grand Villas

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/hilton-head-island
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

The busy season at HH is from June - August and villas tend to go quickly during that time.

HH has 76 dedicated 2BR villas, 21 lock-off 2BR Villas and 5 GVs.

The only HCA Studios, 1BRs and 2BRs are the lock-offs so any 2BRs needed for HCA reservations will reduce the already limited number of Studios and 1BRs. None of the dedicated 2BRs or GVs are HCA.

Regarding the waitlist, this far in advance many changes will still occur, so depeding on how far down you may be on the waitlist you may still have a chance. I would waitlist for the villa you are most interested in reserving for the dates you want.

From the DVC Resource Center:

DVC Resort villa distribution

HH Resort Statistics

Good luck!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
loveswdw
DIS Veteran

Well, I can tell you that I'm currently WL'd at HHI for a 1BR for 3/31-4/5. I've been on the WL since Oct. I check the DVC site every day for openings but there have been none. I will be very surprised if our WL comes through.

As you can see, HHI is a very small resort. The number of 1BR & studios is very small. I can't understand why they put so many dedicated 2BRs at this resort. I would think that 2BR lock offs would've made it a much easier resort to book.

OUR TRIPS March '14-RPR/AKVK Oct '11-BCV Oct '10-HHI June '10 (Star Wars Weekends)-Swan/BWV Feb/March '09-OKW (Spring Training) Oct '08-SSR/POR (Alex's 1st trip) Oct '07-OKW (Our 1st MNSSHP) Dec '06-BCV (Our 1st MVMCP) Oct '05-BCV March '05-OKW/AKL (Spring Training/Jonathan's first trip!) Oct '03-BCV (first trip HOME!) Sept '02-POFQ (first trip for my mom!) Sept '01-Hard Rock Hotel (had to stay there!!) Sept '00-CSR (Millennium celebration) Sept '99-POFQ (honeymoon!) Jan '98 ASMu (first trip--the WDW addiction begins!)
loveswdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
4407mark
Walt's #1 Fan
There's nothing wrong with the TF's hearing...

I agree with WebmasterDoc - go for the villa you are most interested in and see what happens. HHI has become extremely popular and waitlisting is hit or miss at best. Hope for the best!
1972-1998 - Off Property, 1999 - Disney Inst, 2000 - BWV (May), Caribbean Beach (Oct - joined DVC family), 2001 - BWV, 2002 - BWV/4-Day Wonder, AKL, 2003 - CSR/4-Day Wonder (July), BWV (August), BCV for MNSSHP (Oct), 2004 - BWV (June), WL for MVMCP (Dec), 2005 - BWV (Aug), 2006 - BWV (June), 2007 - Beach Club (June), Cruisin' on the Wonder (3rd time), and VWL (June), 2008 - BWV (Aug), 2009 - BWV - Magic - AKV (June) 2011 - Hilton Head (May), BWV and Disney Dream (Dec), 2013 - Hilton Head (May), BLT and Disney Fantasy (June), 2014 - Old Key West (March), Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom Villas (August)
4407mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: