Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #2776
caselaw3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehvalerie View Post
The comforters are super stiff (we ended up folding ours back most nights) but the beds themselves are comfortable. Somewhat firm, I guess, but I prefer a more plush mattress and I slept just fine.
thank you so much! i think since we are driving i will just bring a couple of our own blankets - the kids will want one for the car anyway
Old 01-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #2777
caselaw3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfire240 View Post
I had no complaints - we all slept just fine. Either we were all too tired from the day to care or we're not that picky but I thought the beds and all were fine.
thank you! i am sure it will be fine then
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #2778
themcive4
Mouseketeer

Question shuttle to park question

We will be staying at AOA here in a couple weeks and while we are there with our kids my grandmother who lives in FL is going to be visiting us for a day. My question is what when she comes to visit if she meets us at the resort will they let her go on the bus to the park with us?
Old 01-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #2779
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by themcive4 View Post
We will be staying at AOA here in a couple weeks and while we are there with our kids my grandmother who lives in FL is going to be visiting us for a day. My question is what when she comes to visit if she meets us at the resort will they let her go on the bus to the park with us?
Yes.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #2780
icequeenkcl
Earning My Ears

Are the little mermaids really far from the main building??? Is there one LM building that is closer than the rest!???

My mom has knee problems and does really well in the parks but at the end of the day I'm not sure a long walk is really that awesome????

Thanks,
Old 01-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #2781
mnmhouston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeenkcl View Post
Are the little mermaids really far from the main building??? Is there one LM building that is closer than the rest!???

My mom has knee problems and does really well in the parks but at the end of the day I'm not sure a long walk is really that awesome????

Thanks,
I've heard Building 9 was best. But would welcome other opinions as well.
5 or 6 times as a kid, no idea when I went or where I stayed NYE 1999 Coronado Springs October 2005 Old Key West November 2006 Pop Century September 2007 Pop Century August 2010 Pop Century August 2011 Pop Century April 2013 AoA LM
Old 01-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #2782
caselaw3
DIS Veteran

we have a finding nemo suite - is there a best room/area that we should request? we have two little ones - 3 and 4 so I want to try to get the best location we can
Old 01-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #2783
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeenkcl View Post

Thanks,
Building 9 is the closest, followed by 7, and 8 is the furthest away.

It is all flat land, no hills, so with knee problems it will could 8-10 minutes from the lobby. Depending on how fast she walks with her knee problem, it could add or subtract some time.
Disney Cruise Line
•2011 - Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
Old 01-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #2784
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caselaw3 View Post
we have a finding nemo suite - is there a best room/area that we should request? we have two little ones - 3 and 4 so I want to try to get the best location we can
They both have essentially the same views: in both building 4 and 5 you can have pool, courtyard, lake, or LK (from bldg 5) or Cars (from bldg 4) views.

Wherever you are placed in FN it wont be too far a walk to the lobby as FN is located directly behind it.
Disney Cruise Line
•2011 - Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
Old 01-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #2785
caselaw3
DIS Veteran

Great...thanks so much...what about noise?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #2786
TheLadyTremain
Mouseketeer

A few quick questions:

1. Does the resort provide coffee for the in-room coffee maker? If not, what type of coffee make is it (so I can purchase the proper coffee)?

2. Can I fit a gallon of milk in the fridge?

3. I remember reading months ago when I booked the resort that their was a plan for drink refill stations in each section of the hotel. Did this ever happen? We are booked in a Cars suite. Where is the nearest refill station?

4. Can I request a pack and play and/or bed rails or are they located in the room already?

5. As mentioned we are booked in the Cars suites. Any suggestions for a building as close to Animation Hall, parking lot, pool, etc?

6. Is there a playground located at the resort?

7. Any opinions on the buses as of late? Good, bad, the same as usual, etc?

Thanks. Sorry for all the questions. We leave in a few weeks and I am a bit behind in my planning and research. And my husband is not thrilled with this resort option!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:50 PM   #2787
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLadyTremain
A few quick questions:

1. Does the resort provide coffee for the in-room coffee maker? If not, what type of coffee make is it (so I can purchase the proper coffee)?

Yes, the provide coffee. If you need extra ask mouse keeping. They wre generous with it during our stay!

2. Can I fit a gallon of milk in the fridge?

You might be able to in the main section. We fit quit a bit in our fridge with some clever rearranging. We've even removed a shelf for more space!

3. I remember reading months ago when I booked the resort that their was a plan for drink refill stations in each section of the hotel. Did this ever happen? We are booked in a Cars suite. Where is the nearest refill station?

The only drink refill stations are at Landscape of Flavors in the lobby building and st the Big Blue Pool.

4. Can I request a pack and play and/or bed rails or are they located in the room already?

You can request both. I would call and request both prior to your stay, especially bed rails. I also recommend bringing a pack n play sheet from home.

5. As mentioned we are booked in the Cars suites. Any suggestions for a building as close to Animation Hall, parking lot, pool, etc?

We were in building one and thought the location was great! The lightening mcQueen building is furthest from Animation Hall.

6. Is there a playground located at the resort?

There is a little play area in Lion King and Finding Nemo. Plenty of space for kids to run and play!

7. Any opinions on the buses as of late? Good, bad, the same as usual, etc?

The buses ran smoothly for us in December. It seemed business as usual as far as the buses went.

Have a great trip!

!
I inserted my answers below your questions!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ; 5/2015 - WL
Old 01-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #2788
sunnydays28
Mouseketeer

Where are the stairs located in the LM wing?
Old 01-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #2789
merpbam
Earning My Ears

Aoa

Staying in a LM room made reservations through Disney are we able to request which building? After reading looks like #9 is closest how do we request prior to arrival? Thanks
Old 01-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #2790
Mom2Luci
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays28 View Post
Where are the stairs located in the LM wing?
On the ends of the buildings and in the middle by the elevators.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: