Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #16
lnhstl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Also it doesnt cost anything but when you go to one of the parks on your first day and go to guest services and get first time button
I've never heard of this in all the time I've been lurking on this board. Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to get this for my girls!

DH - WDW 1986 - offsite
Me - WDW 1987 - offsite
DHMeTwin DD's - WDW - May 2013 - Poly
lnhstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #17
christmasbn
Earning My Ears

Pin trading is super fun for all family members - buy a big lot of them and pre buy the lanyards online from a good dealer. I bought a lot of 50 for the 4 of us and it was a good deal!
christmasbn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #18
rms123
Mouseketeer

Before you go, I would buy the favorite princess dress from the disney store. So much cheaper than I the park.
rms123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #19
samendsley
Earning My Ears

I just got back and brought my 5 yo DS and 3 yo DD. I would buy these is in advance:

Princess dresses from toysrus at the end of Halloween next year
Light up toys from dollar tree and toysrus
Ponchos
Small umbrella
Cross over purse for you
We bought lanyards and pins at target in FL once we got there. Much cheaper than the parks. You can also order these off eBay.
I ordered personalized tshirts for the kids with their names monogrammed, really cute for pictures
I'd suggest doing the photopass, and pay in advance...it's cheaper. I didn't and really wish I would have now
Autograph books
I ordered their mickey and minnie ears and had them monogrammed and gave it to them for Christmas

Also check out the disneystore.com frequently. When I ordered the kids things, I received free shipping and monogrammed items free with the promo.

Hope that helps you're going to have so much fun!!!!!
samendsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:02 AM   #20
scrapperjill
DIS Veteran

If u are thinking about doing pin trading it's not a bad idea to buy some pin sets cheep online before your trip... You'll save money and start off with inexpensive pins to trade. Any cast member u see with a lanyard of pins trades... Just go up to them, ask if u can see their pins... If u find one u like just tell em you'd like to trade. You'll find the cast members all over.... From your hotel... The parks... When your dinning... Just everywhere. You will want to start with pins you don't care for... Otherwise it's hard to trade.. If they are all your favorite.

So things to buy ahead of time:

Sun screen
Camera supplies (batteries & memory)
Glow sticks (necklaces & bracelets)
Rain ponchos (I've done this but never end up using them)
Pins pins pins (they have nice and cool lanyards on property ..so I'd wait n pick one there)
Small light up toys for night shows
Autograph book and large pen
Defiantly a princess dress... U should be able to save a fortune on pre-buying that
I liked to get my girls a Disney blanket and maybe stuffed animal for the plane ride... Then they'd have that the whole trip and not want every stuffed animal they saw there.

Call me bad... But is get them these things for gifts for every occasion up till trip day (Easter basket, birthdays Christmas.... Whatever occasion that came up) it built their excitement

I also tried to think of all the small things that may be needed ... Like Tylenol, moleskin, pepto, toiletries, the batteries, sun block .... And such.... And break it up n buy a little each month instead of in one swoop right before the trip. That stuff adds up!!!

Our Disney Cruise album from 9/11/04http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/albu...album_id=29423

scrapperjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:29 AM   #21
emerick
Earning My Ears

Just be careful with the sunscreen if you buy it now because most have an expiry date.
emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #22
scrappinannie
Mouseketeer

If you have a Target near you check out their Dollar Spot. They have different stuff every couple of weeks so it's great for small, inexpensive toys and even snacks. They should have glow toys and wands and sunglasses, too, a bit closer to summer. I have been able to find Disney themed stuff there before. I bet with Easter coming up they'll have some things you could save back for vacation.

I bought sunscreen last year in October when my local grocery store was clearancing it out. I even had coupons. Got Coppertone and Nutrogena sunscreen for $2-$3 a bottle. Major steal there! I bought 3 bottles!

I also recommend stocking up on batteries, camera cards, non-perishable snacks and such as they are on sale. The Disney Store also has quite a few smaller toys and jewelry that aren't super expensive that you can buy now and save for later. Same with cute Disney t-shirts.

Just don't blow the vacation budget on dollar store toys!! Save a few dollars for the parks. Ya gotta get some Mickey ears.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #23
a742246
older than dirt

Did you buy your park passes yet????

If not I would buy it now before Disney increases the price. I would look to buy them thru mousesavers.com, you will save about 6% over Disney plus the savings of the price increase.

Also, since you are traveling with a 3 yr old. You may not need the park hopper option. That will save you $55 dollars a ticket.
a742246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #24
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.

Go ahead and buy an over-the-door mesh or clear pocket shoe organizer. These are fantastic for keeping small things organized and de-cluttered.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #25
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

I like to start buying things early, to help spread the cost over several months for my WDW items. As others have suggested, it's nice to have the following:
  • Sunscreen (Big Lots is a great place to buy inexpensively)
  • Ponchos (Target camping section; less than $1 each)
  • Mini-mister fans (seasonal item at Walmart in spring/summer)
  • Pop-up hamper (Dollar Tree)
  • Hanging organizer (I like the ones for sweaters that go over clothing rod); provides extra space if drawer space is limited.
  • Batteries, if needed
  • Clothing items (you can often pick these up at thrift stores). Seasonal clothing like flip flops - look at end-of-summer clearance sales.

I like to start a "Disney Box" where I toss these things as I pick them up. Then everything is in one spot, and you don't have to go digging for it later.

Also, at the end of the summer season, as I'm putting away my summer clothes, I keep out the things I'll need for my trip. Then you don't have to dig through boxes of clothing, either.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #26
DanceDrawDream
Mouseketeer

Definitely get ponchos and/or a small fold up umbrella because it will be wayyyyy more expensive inside the parks.

The dollar tree and the dollar section of target always have the glow stick bracelets/necklaces which are great as well!

WDW <3 1995 *First Time* ~ Caribbean Beach Resort, 1997 ~ Off Site, 1999 ~ Off Site, 2000 *Danced on Tomorrowland Stage* ~ All Star Music, 2005 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2009 ~ All Star Music, 2012 ~ Pop Century
DanceDrawDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #27
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

If you have a Party City store near you, it is another great place to find Disney items. They have Disney lanyards for $1 and most of the Disney themed toys and games range between $3-$5.

I also like checking out Walgreens. We went for Halloween/Christmas last year and got activity pads, stickers, temporary tattoos, light sticks, spinning toys, all Disney themed and the most expensive item was $5.99 (that was for the spinning toy, much cheaper than $14 in the parks).
Old 03-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #28
krd315
Mouseketeer

1 or 2 gallon zip lock bags for packing. I get mine at dollar tree when they have them. We have 2 dgd's and pack each day in zip lock bags for each of them. We put an outfit, socks, panties, and hair bows in each bag. It makes it so easy for them to get dressed every morning and easy to pack!

I have found inexpensive Disney items at Target dollar spot, Micheal's craft store and Walgreen's.

Next up: Sept 2014 -POR
Past trips: Aug 2013, Sept 2012, Jan 2012, Aug 2000
krd315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #29
tillman4
Mouseketeer

We are also going in Nov.. Yesterday,I bought disney light up spinners (small version of what they sell at parade) for $5 at Target. Like mentioned above party city had a ton of disney stuff. We are well stocked on glow sticks too. Anything disney we find we put in our disney box, then give kids a daily gift from this stash. They don't asks for souvenirs when their hands are full ( & I sav
tillman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #30
tillman4
Mouseketeer

Sorry hit send by mistake!!! Anyway we save $$! Then they can buy a souvenir on last day.
tillman4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: