Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #16
nblake05
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhickey
You can also get a sketch from the animation/art studios and put a personalized message on it / frame it. This is one of my favorite things to do, they have some great Mickey and Minnie poses.

This is in DCA, right? Are the artists generally there...or only certain times/days?

Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.--Walt Disney
nblake05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #17
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nblake05 View Post
This is in DCA, right? Are the artists generally there...or only certain times/days?
This is in both DCA and DL. In DL, they have a sketch artist doing attraction sketches at the Disney Gallery. I've also heard that there's someone doing sketches at Disneyana. I've only seen them sometimes, but I'm sure they're there daily. In DCA, you would head to Off the Page. There's usually a sketch artist there after 12 noon.
mysteriouspnai is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #18
rockchick04
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Oh! Do they carry any airline-y type merchandise where they do Minnie's Fly Girls... Cause DH is a pilot and I used to be flight attendant... So that could be something???
They have some at the store across from Soarin.' Not sure if that's the one you were thinking of as I don't remember the name, but I got some cute aviation stuff there.

LOVE the golf idea!
rockchick04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #19
HMANSION LOVER
PIN TRADER

Quote:
We are planning on a trip to DL )staying at the PPH at the end of Apr - the first couple days of May. We haven't been to DL since we were engaged there in 05. Since then we've been to WDW a few times. On our last trip to WDW, DH had an in room surprise for me ... The "Honor Your Hero" by Disney Floral and Gifts. It was really touching! I would love to surprise DH with something on this trip. While I know I'm very lucky in this regard, DH LOVES Disney just about as much as I do so he LOVES to plan the vacation with me... But it makes it very hard to plans surprise! We have already decided to try and book the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, the Fantasmic Dessert package, and have dinner at Carthay Circle. I'm not sure what else I can do to surprise him??? I was thinking of somehow recreating his proposal to me (we were sitting on a bench I the hub area when he dropped to one knee...) only instead of proposing I could thank him for the happiest and most magical 8 years of my life and present him with some token????.... But nothing can really beat the engagement ring he gave me! We'll be starting our trip with a couple of days up in Agoura Hills (my hometown) , then head to DL for 5 days, then down to SD to go to the zoo for 2 days. Any ideas for a way to surprise him??? It can be something small, or a simple romantic activity. Please Help!!!! I'd love to be able to surprise him! Thanks everyone!!!
If your husband is a true nut fir disney and wears a watch you can stop in the shops and purchase one for him. They have some truly fine watches(priced from as low as $100.00 all the way up $300.00 Ithink) to choose from and the quality is fantastic. I own three. One with the stardard mickey with arms as the hands of the watch ( it has been mistaken for a Rolex)and two others with different images of mickey on the face. They are all manufactured by disneyworks and as I stated the quality is awesome. Bought my first one in 1999 and it still works perfectly. The one I mentioned before, took a hit hard enough to crack the crystel and still works just fine, crystal replaced of course. Hope you enjoy your trip

Me DW:: DS15 DD:: 10
1999 WDW Music
2000 WDW Off property
2004 WDW Off property
2008 WDW Wilderness Lodge
2011 WDW Boardwalk Villas
2013 DLR PPH and DLH
HMANSION LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #20
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

If he likes watches you can also have one custom designed for him at one of the shops on Main Street, I want to say Disneyana but not sure if that's right, it's connected to the Emporium but it's on the end by Carnation Cafe. There's an artist that sits there and does watch art, I have no clue how much they are, I've always been afraid to ask but I've been lucky enough to stand and watch one of them draw for a while and it's fascinating.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #21
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
If he likes watches you can also have one custom designed for him at one of the shops on Main Street, I want to say Disneyana but not sure if that's right, it's connected to the Emporium but it's on the end by Carnation Cafe. There's an artist that sits there and does watch art, I have no clue how much they are, I've always been afraid to ask but I've been lucky enough to stand and watch one of them draw for a while and it's fascinating.
Unfortunately they stopped doing this sometime last year
Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #22
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriouspnai View Post
Unfortunately they stopped doing this sometime last year
Really? When last year? I watched an artist while I was there twice in 2012.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #23
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Really? When last year? I watched an artist while I was there twice in 2012.
Late October or so. I can't find the Dateline Disneyland post on it, but I found this: http://dapsmagic.com/news/2012/10/26...rogram-ending/
Old 01-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #24
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Such a bummer

Old 01-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #25
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

There are also the character name paintings, where you can have both of your names on a sign, or maybe your last name going down, and your first names going across with your favorite characters.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #26
nblake05
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Jo
There are also the character name paintings, where you can have both of your names on a sign, or maybe your last name going down, and your first names going across with your favorite characters.
Mary Jo...where is this found??? Thanks!

Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.--Walt Disney
nblake05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #27
cmpeter
DIS Veteran

What about booking something with Mouse Expeditions? Either a tour or just having them save a space for fireworks?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #28
tallpkb
"Life is uncertain...eat dessert first!"

I've seen the name painting directly across from the Matterhorn que.

02/14 BWPPI DLR
03/13 Candy Cane Inn-AND WE GOT TO GO TO CLUB 33!!
09/12 BWPPI/DLH Disneyland -FREE UPGRADE TO THEME PARK VIEW!!
09/11 Park Vue Disneyland
09/10 GC Disneyland
12/09 PPH Disneyland -FREE UPGRADE TO SUITE WITH THEME PARK VIEW!!!
3/09 CSR WDW
9-10/05 POR WDW
12/01 CCI Disneyland
9/01 HoJo Disneyland
5/00 BWPPI Disneyland
4/98 BWPPI Disneyland
5/97 Dixie Landings WDW
plus many, many more trips to DL, dating back to 1962!
tallpkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #29
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mary Jo...where is this found??? Thanks!
As PP has stated, they can be found across the Matterhorn queue. I've also seen them in DTD. People have said that they take more time at the DTD location, and therefore turn out nicer.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:00 PM   #30
DLmama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriouspnai

As PP has stated, they can be found across the Matterhorn queue. I've also seen them in DTD. People have said that they take more time at the DTD location, and therefore turn out nicer.
We just bought one for my friend's daughter at the DTD location. It's right across from World of Disney in a kiosk. We ordered it around 9 pm and picked it up the next morning around 10 am.

They can't do every character though. It's mainly the princesses, Tinkerbell and the whimsy characters like that. We asked for Minnie, but they don't do the fab Five. We ended up getting Tinkerbell. It was really cute!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: