Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #16
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkyby87 View Post
If you miss the first show, about how long of wait might the second one be?
Actually the wait for the 2nd show isn't bad because there are 2 rooms (ssshhh don't tell DD we've lucked out and been in the same room all 3 times)

Basically they let in the first group and do the 3 rooms (waiting room/ Maurice's cottage into the 'mirror room' and then into the Wardrobe room. That all takes a bit of time but they hurry it along more when you're in the first group. Then they start the rotation with the second group - when we were in the 2nd group I told DD they were getting us in early to get us organized so we'd be ready when Belle was.

I think mesaboy is right after you've got both rooms going there will be more of a wait because then the whole show has to play out before there will be much movement in the line.

So when we came out from the first group there was our group (1st) in there and the 2nd group of people already seeing their show and probably a 3rd group of folks in one of the 3 outer rooms (getting roles or whatever).

I still think it's worth it to "move it" and get in very early.

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Good Morning Dewdrop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #17
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

yes, great info... anyone know if the castle pathway is open during morning EMH?
LisaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #18
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTN View Post
... anyone know if the castle pathway is open during morning EMH?
Yes, it is.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #19
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Yes, it is.
Thanks ROBO!!
LisaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #20
starjazz
Mouseketeer

I'm debating grabbing WTP FPs instead of Pan, and hoping for a Dumbo bonus FP which I hear is happening with some frequency early in the mornings. Plus WTP FP is even less out of the way (Philharmagic) than PP FPs, right?

That way we can tag everything else in the FLE and Circus area, THEN grab PP FPs, and hit Pinocchio Haus for a mid-morning snack/break with potties before riding PP. Maybe even get a carousel or teacups in there while waiting for the PP FP to come due.

Just some thoughts, cuz frankly at this point, with everyone planning to get PP FPs on the way, I'm wondering how long the wait will be there...stalling my arrival at ETWB.
starjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #21
mikat
Mouseketeer

Sorry to ask a variation on a theme, but I'm going to be in MK on Sunday too! Any chance the crane that is in place to remove the castle holiday lights will effect the castle main tunnel being open? Just want to make sure I don't make a mistake! Lyn-CA, maybe I'll see you there!
First Trip Ever - Poly - November 2010 * * * Star Wars Weekend - Dolphin - June 2011 * * * Solo Trip - Pop Century - January 2012 * * * Dream a Little Dream Disney 4-Night Cruise - March 2012 * * * Couples Trip to Disneyland - July 2012 * * * Work Conference in WDW - Pop Century - July 2012 * * * Moms and Boys Trip - Pop Century and Wyndham Bonnet Creek - August 2012 * * * Work Conference in WDW - Pop Century - January 2013 * * * Couples Trip - Animal Kingdom Lodge - August 2013 * * * WDW - DCL Christmas in the World and on the Dream - Art of Animation - December 2013
mikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #22
mesaboy2
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikat
Sorry to ask a variation on a theme, but I'm going to be in MK on Sunday too! Any chance the crane that is in place to remove the castle holiday lights will effect the castle main tunnel being open? Just want to make sure I don't make a mistake! Lyn-CA, maybe I'll see you there!
The crane does not impact that I don't believe. What does impact castle access is the show that takes place multiple times daily on the forecourt stage. Generally the castle is open for a couple of hours in the morning, is usually not open for large portions of the afternoon, and then opens again towards the end of the park day.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #23
Lyn-CA
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikat View Post
Lyn-CA, maybe I'll see you there!
Yeah, for sure, see you at MK. We'll be the first group at Belle right? We're coming from breakfast with Pooh before that.

Four more sleeps then it's travel day all day Saturday, arriving late afternoon at AoA. Where are you guys staying?
AoA/Wyndham Bonnet Creek 1/13*POR/CBR/Swan/Contemporary 12/07*Disneyland Grand Californian b-day trip 9/06*Disneyland Hotel b-day trip 9/04*AKL 8/03*Disneyland 12/02*Beach Club & Magic 5/00* Disneyland b-day trip 9/99*Sports & WL 9/98
BEFORE DISCOVERING TRUE DISNEY MAGIC:
Disneyland 12/89*Disneyland 7/86
Lyn-CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #24
mesaboy2
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated

Quote:
Originally Posted by starjazz View Post
I'm debating grabbing WTP FPs instead of Pan, and hoping for a Dumbo bonus FP which I hear is happening with some frequency early in the mornings. Plus WTP FP is even less out of the way (Philharmagic) than PP FPs, right?

That way we can tag everything else in the FLE and Circus area, THEN grab PP FPs, and hit Pinocchio Haus for a mid-morning snack/break with potties before riding PP. Maybe even get a carousel or teacups in there while waiting for the PP FP to come due.

Just some thoughts, cuz frankly at this point, with everyone planning to get PP FPs on the way, I'm wondering how long the wait will be there...stalling my arrival at ETWB.
Sorry I missed this one earlier.

The Pooh machines are by PhilharMagic and are slightly closer. The Dumbo FP isn't a huge benefit since the ride has doubled its capacity but if that's what you want then go for it. Also, the Dumbo FP machine is not connected to others so it can really be gotten at any time without much penalty.

Pan FPs tend to go faster and get later quicker than the Pooh ones, which is why it is usually recommended first.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #25
katt789
DIS Veteran

I personally would go straight through the castle, then all you have to do is mildly curve around the carousel and you're there!
katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #26
brenbrady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Yes.
Unless there is some sort of problem, the central Castle (#24 map below) archway/pathway (drawbridge) will be open to walk through in the early mornings.

Then walk past the Carrousel (#20)
through the Castle Wall area (#4)
and you're there (#5.)

Thanks for the info, where can I find a copy of the map of Fantasyland with all the markings.?
brenbrady is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: