Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
tjknitz
DIS Veteran

Parade routes and best seats

What is the best place to sit and watch Pixar Parade at HS? We will be there on a Tuesday (level 4) day so how much time should I set aside to make sure I can sit on the curb?

And I remember When I went to Disney in 2009 Robi had a map of the best places to watch Wishes fireworks. I can't seem to find that. Does anyone have suggestions? I want to make sure the kids have a good view of Tinkerbell.

Sept 2015: POP Century
Feb 2013: Offsite
Sept 2009: POP Century
tjknitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjknitz View Post
What is the best place to sit and watch Pixar Parade at HS? We will be there on a Tuesday (level 4) day so how much time should I set aside to make sure I can sit on the curb?

And I remember When I went to Disney in 2009 Robi had a map of the best places to watch Wishes fireworks. I can't seem to find that. Does anyone have suggestions? I want to make sure the kids have a good view of Tinkerbell.
Somewhere in Magic Kingdom. Pixar Pals is definitely not my favorite. If you insist, though, I think arriving 30 minutes beforehand would be enough. I have no suggestions as to the best place.

Robo's map for Wishes can be found at: http://bradk.smugmug.com/photos/357386118_d3DmJ-O.jpg

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
dani77
Mouseketeer

Here's what I did last year:
Grab a vanilla-choclate swirl milkshake at Min ans Bill's Dockside Diner and grab a spot on the steps to the american idol experience. A lot more comfy to sit on the stairs in a slightly elevated spot (some shade here, too) than to sit curbside. Depending on when you go (early may for me last year), 15-20min prior the the parade is enough time to stake out your spot. Just don't expect anything like the MK parades...the one at HS is fun with some unique characters but pretty short as well.

Me, myself and I...all the way from Germany going to the World
dani77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
Dan Murphy
We are family.

I have found sitting on the short wall at the Hall of Fame, next to the Idol building, area provides an excellent view. The wall can be clearly seen in the 3rd picture on this link. Nobody can be in front of you.

http://www.studioscentral.com/attrac...nces-hall-fame

For Wishes, I prefer the bridge to Tomorrowland. Provides a nice layered view and less crowds than the Main Street area. The Rose Garden is also quite nice.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
graceandhayes
Mouseketeer

The Robo maps which include maps of parade routes and locations to watch Wishes are located here:
http://stitchkingdom.com/maps/

I also recommend the area of the Tomorrowland bridge to watch Wishes. Tinkerbelle will fly right over your head. You need to get a spot close to the Hub in order to get a good view of the floats in the MSEP.
graceandhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #6
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceandhayes View Post
The Robo maps which include maps of parade routes and locations to watch Wishes are located here:
http://stitchkingdom.com/maps/

I also recommend the area of the Tomorrowland bridge to watch Wishes. Tinkerbelle will fly right over your head. You need to get a spot close to the Hub in order to get a good view of the floats in the MSEP.
???

You mean, if you want to see both the fireworks and the parade from the same spot? If not, then you can get a perfectly fine view of the parade floats anywhere on the parade route, and you don't need to worry about getting there so early if you want to view them from Frontierland, compared to Main Street or the Hub.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
graceandhayes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
???

You mean, if you want to see both the fireworks and the parade from the same spot? If not, then you can get a perfectly fine view of the parade floats anywhere on the parade route, and you don't need to worry about getting there so early if you want to view them from Frontierland, compared to Main Street or the Hub.
You are correct. If you don't mind moving between MSEP and Wishes, then you can watch the parade from anywhere on the parade route. Moving around between MSEP and Wishes can be difficult due to the crowds. If you wait until after MSEP to try and get a spot near the Tomorrowland bridge (best spot to see Tinkerbelle), you may have trouble. When we were there last year we got a good spot where the Tomorrowland bridge meets the Hub right before MSEP started. When MSEP ends you can move out into the Hub to watch Wishes.
graceandhayes is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: