Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #1
nat8199
Mouseketeer

What would your ROMANTIC Disney trip look like?

I am in the midst of planning my ideal romantic Disney trip for DH and myself. (Never mind that it will not take place for a few years! )

Anyways... I am thinking (dreaming) of club level at the Poly during F&W with at least a few days of the Platinum Plan. The fireworks cruise, V&A, sailing for DH, dolphin and snorkeling tours, and an AK tour all sound like wonderful additions.

What would your dream romantic trip to Disney look like?

Too many pre-family to count!

Me - 32 DH - 34 DD - 5 DS - 4 DS - 4
nat8199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Club level at AKL. I feel the resort is the most secluded and romantic.
A couple of days on the Platinum plan with tons of tours, and of course a meal at V&A.

Private illuminations cruise.

And not surprisingly... not a ton of time in the parks

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #3
nat8199
Mouseketeer

AK lodge would be amazingly romantic... We might have to a split stay on this dream trip. DH would love being on the lake with the boats, but seeing the animals would be way more amazing.

Too many pre-family to count!

Me - 32 DH - 34 DD - 5 DS - 4 DS - 4
nat8199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat8199 View Post
AK lodge would be amazingly romantic... We might have to a split stay on this dream trip. DH would love being on the lake with the boats, but seeing the animals would be way more amazing.
We honeymooned at AKL. We rented points and took a gamble with the value studio. We requested a room on ostrich trail, as the value studios on Ostrich are all Savannah View. We knew it wasn't a guarantee, but we couldn't beat the $90/night price (we went in low season)

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
annej

Mouseketeer

I am blessed that DH and I have gotten to go the last couple years on a trip with just us two. Our next one is in March. We loved doing the Poly CL with an MK view. So peaceful and romantic. We are doing the Boardwalk Inn this trip. We do lots of Signature meals, late mornings and lots of strolling and taking in the sights. Evenings are usually spent on our balcony with a drink or in Epcot simply soaking up the atmosphere and getting some much needed time together. We have done a couple tours as well. We love just being able to do what ever strikes us when we wake up in the morning. Best place in the world to reconnect and go home feeling recharged.
1972 - Day trip with mom and dad! 1983 - EPCOT was new! 1988 - 2 day trip 1989 - Day trip on Honeymoon! October 2000 - Off Site January 2003 - WL Nov/Dec 2005 - POR/Poly January 2007 - POLY March 2008 - CR Tower - MK View! September 2008 - offsite/GF!! Feb 2009 - WL !April 2009 - GF - MK View! Nov 2009 - Adult only trip - Poly MK View Jan 2010 - Poly CL - MK View: March 2011 - CR TPV! Jan 2012 - Poly CL! Nov 2012 - POR/BLT Lakeview March 2013 - BWI with DH! October 2013 - BWI with DD and DMom! January 2014 - WL with the Hubby! October 2014 - CR Tower TPV!
Me DH DD22 DS18DSinLaw:29

annej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #6
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Too many things I would do for my dream vacation but my number 1 wish would be : no planning!

We usually don't do too much planning and we end up being very relax, walking around the parks, waking up and having breakfast while we choose where we'll go.

Also, I think it's important to not feel bad about skipping a day or two of parks. That gives you plenty of time to shop, go to the pool, relax and have some adult fun

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
jsebsirois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

We have always wanted to stay at Grand Floridian Royal Palm Club. We would stay there, definitely do V&A, a couple's massage at GF Spa. We have never done a Wishes or Iluminations cruise so that would be awesome.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
shademan
Earning My Ears

So if you don't mind, I'll share a brief story. A few weeks ago I took my wife to Disney for the weekend.

We have been COUNTLESS times with the kids, but never just the two of us.

We felt like teenagers running through the park. It was AWESOME!

I wouldn't stress too much on the details. Find a nice room and have a blast. It will be plenty romantic.

There is nothing more romantic than the Magic Kingdom at night, the fireworks, the parade, the whole thing. Yes there are plenty of ways to "spruce it up", but I promise it will be awesome no matter what!

I've been wondering if our love for Disney would cool off when the kids grow up. Now I realize we've got a lifetime of memories to make there!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #9
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

DH and I did a romantic long-weekend at WDW for our 10th anniversary. Here are some highlights of our trip:

-BWI during F&WF
-Photo session at the BC on our anniversary (back when PhotoPass did them, now the are done by Disney Event Photography) followed by dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse
-Renewed our vows with a "Memories" package through Disney Fairy Tale Weddings, after the ceremony we had tea at the GF with a special order cake
-For our final night we had dinner at Bistro de Paris, timed with Illuminations and we lucked out with a window table

Mixed in there was lots of time at the F&WF and MNSSHP.

Next up: Disneyland, Spring 2015!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: