Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #2761
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
Wow so if i request a room close to parking, i can not access the room from the parking lot? I have to walk to the center to get to a room at the end?
I honestly have no idea how things were on the back sides of the buildings. Maybe the landscaping doesn't prevent you from direct access like it does on the courtyard side.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:07 AM   #2762
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

I was going to request a 1st floor in BLDG 9 close to parking. So i guess it won't matter to be close to parking if you can't access room there. I may change it to BLDG 9 1st floor close to center.
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #2763
kdwyer
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict
I was going to request a 1st floor in BLDG 9 close to parking. So i guess it won't matter to be close to parking if you can't access room there. I may change it to BLDG 9 1st floor close to center.
I'm pretty sure that the LM building doors on the 1st floor exit to outside so you don't have to worry about going down an indoor hallway to exit. I was in a FN suite but took a walk down there to check it out. I'm sure someone that has stayed there can confirm this for you. HTH
Old 01-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #2764
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I bet they don't put the money into landscaping the back side like they do the courtyard side. So I bet you're good there. But that's just a guess.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #2765
JessiMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Really none of them are much different. That's because all access to the building is from the center of each building. Yes, they have exterior doors, but there is no sidewalk from the room through all of the landscaping. You have to walk back to Ursula herself (in the middle of the building) to access the walkways. Our room was near the end of the building. So we had to walk from the end back to the middle, then past the end again...... just to leave.
Since you end up having to go to the center anyway is it better in your opinion to request a room near the elevator to at least be closer to the exit walkway?

Most recent visits...
AKL ~ September 14-21, 2013
AoA ~ January 27-February 3, 2013
POR ~ November 10-17, 2012
Old 01-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #2766
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessiMommy View Post
Since you end up having to go to the center anyway is it better in your opinion to request a room near the elevator to at least be closer to the exit walkway?
If you are requesting a courtyard view room, then yes.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #2767
caselaw3
DIS Veteran

This is awesome - Thanks! Booked for Dec. 7-15th - CANT WAIT!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #2768
shenaniganzz
DIS Veteran

I submitted a quote request today. I figured for our next trip I would prefer to have control over my ressies but, for a good enough rate, I'll deal!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #2769
Mom2Luci
Mouseketeer

We were in building 9 with a parking lot view and there was definitely more access there than there was for the courtyard views. I know in the "wing" we were on, there was access on the end of the building and in the middle, just not from the courtyard.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #2770
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdwyer View Post
I'm pretty sure that the LM building doors on the 1st floor exit to outside so you don't have to worry about going down an indoor hallway to exit. I was in a FN suite but took a walk down there to check it out. I'm sure someone that has stayed there can confirm this for you. HTH
I may be misunderstanding the conversation but LM does NOT have interior hallways like the suites do so you can exit to outside directly from your room.

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Old 01-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #2771
smidgy
dimples

the map at the start of this page shows walkways at both the middles AND the ends of the LM buildings. so I don't get what you guys are talking about. is the map wrong?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #2772
caselaw3
DIS Veteran

BEDS at A of A - A OK or NO WAY???

Hi I know that was a cheezy title - but i have been hearing conflicting reports on the beds at A o A - some say super uncomfortable, hard to sleep, linens too noisy....others say everything is great!

Would love to hear some real life experiences with this - worried about being miserable if nobody can sleep!

Thanks
Old 01-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #2773
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caselaw3 View Post
Hi I know that was a cheezy title - but i have been hearing conflicting reports on the beds at A o A - some say super uncomfortable, hard to sleep, linens too noisy....others say everything is great!

Would love to hear some real life experiences with this - worried about being miserable if nobody can sleep!

Thanks
I had no complaints - we all slept just fine. Either we were all too tired from the day to care or we're not that picky but I thought the beds and all were fine.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #2774
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Wow so if i request a room close to parking, i can not access the room from the parking lot? I have to walk to the center to get to a room at the end?
I didn't. I had a room on the end of the Ursula building and was right by the stairs at the end. I just used the stairs then went out the back (like I was going to the lake not the parking lot) and cut across the grassy area to catch the sidewalk that you can take to the LK/parking area. Technically grass is not a walkway but also not a path blocked by flowerbeds or landscaping.

Also the grass was cut very short so I didn't worry about any 'wildlife' that might be hiding in it.

Last edited by bookgirl; 01-24-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #2775
tehvalerie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caselaw3 View Post

Thanks
The comforters are super stiff (we ended up folding ours back most nights) but the beds themselves are comfortable. Somewhat firm, I guess, but I prefer a more plush mattress and I slept just fine.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: