Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #106
KurlyStarr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrief View Post
Ha,ha. Just drove past there on Monday and seriously considered stopping, but I need 4 pockets , and seriously who walks out if Ikea with just one item. Lol.
OMG RIGHT!!!!! And then they purposely set it up so you have to walk through the whole darn store jussssssssssst to entice people like me that can't go in and buy just that one thing they go in there for.

Damn you, IKEA!!! Damn you!!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #107
SsMom
Earning My Ears

Fe pockets

For all of you doing the FE I just saw a friend who posted a "thirty one" brand organizer with 5 pockets. It has two colors so at first I thought it was only 3 pockets.
It may be a good idea too. Not sure about the cost.

Have a nice day!

I'm happy! My doctor said to start buying some cute maternity clothes for my trip! He's signing the release letter
SsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #108
KurlyStarr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana~n~Joseph View Post
Everyone wish me luck......I've never traveling with my in-laws before and I'm scared
I'm sure it will be fineeeeeeeeeeeeee.... but, good luck!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #109
m&m's mom
Waiting for the waterless cruise
I really am quite evil

Quote:
We've had a change....now it will be myself, DH, DS(3) + DMiL and DFiL ... my mom backed out I can't blame her though......she doesn't really know my in-laws and she's not comfortable with traveling with everyone

Everyone wish me luck......I've never traveling with my in-laws before and I'm scared
That's the pits. We have a really unique situation. My MiL and my parents just got back from a 2 week cruise down the Amazon together.
My MiL and my siblings in-laws are all considered part of our family. We all travel together and everyone gets along so well. I forget all families aren't that way. It sure makes holidays so much easier since we all celebrate together.
Maybe your mom and inlaws will get closer at some point.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #110
TexasCamps
Keep Calm & Cruise On

Quote:
Just go into it with a good attitude and hopefully everyone will have a wonderful time!

Need a fish extender for your Disney Cruise? Check out my Etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BullfrogsButterflies

TexasCamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #111
TexasCamps
Keep Calm & Cruise On

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m's mom View Post
My MiL and my siblings in-laws are all considered part of our family. We all travel together and everyone gets along so well. I forget all families aren't that way. It sure makes holidays so much easier since we all celebrate together.
That is great for you! I wish our extended family was the same way, but it isn't and I don't foresee it ever being that way I am hoping that when my kids are older and have families of their own we can all be close.

Need a fish extender for your Disney Cruise? Check out my Etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BullfrogsButterflies

Old 01-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #112
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Galveston 4 day cruise

I will be on the Febr 1st 4 day cruise out of Galveston on the Magic. We leave a week from tomorrow . We are taking out granddaughters ( ages4 and 6). I will keep the navigators and let you know the high points. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #113
TexasCamps
Keep Calm & Cruise On

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
I will be on the Febr 1st 4 day cruise out of Galveston on the Magic. We leave a week from tomorrow . We are taking out granddaughters ( ages4 and 6). I will keep the navigators and let you know the high points. Sherry
You ROCK! If you have a scanner, maybe you could scan and post them.

You are so lucky to be cruising so much! I have to admit, I am a bit jealous.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #114
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Year of the Cruise

My husband just retired last June so we decided that this is the year of the cruise. It helps that Disney is sailing 45 minutes from our house in Houston. All of our kids live in Houston so we are taking grandkids with us as much as we can. ( love kids sail free). We have been so happy with Disney Cruises, we love the family emphasis. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #115
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m's mom View Post
That's the pits. We have a really unique situation. My MiL and my parents just got back from a 2 week cruise down the Amazon together.
Maybe your mom and inlaws will get closer at some point.
Wow, that's awesome! I think my mom and my in-laws have seen each other a total of 5 times in the 7 years I've been married. When I got engaged my mom invited them over for coffee as a way to reach out to them (as it is usually done where we are from) and they declined the invitation...I don't think she has gotten over that yet

I'm going on the cruise with the best attitude possible so we'll see. My focus is my son though so I'm sure I'll be plenty busy with him.

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century; November 2015 - Wine & Dine Half; January 2016 - Disney Magic
Ana~n~Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:23 AM   #116
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsMom View Post
For all of you doing the FE I just saw a friend who posted a "thirty one" brand organizer with 5 pockets. It has two colors so at first I thought it was only 3 pockets.

Have a nice day!

I'm happy! My doctor said to start buying some cute maternity clothes for my trip! He's signing the release letter
Yeah!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #117
TexasCamps
Keep Calm & Cruise On

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
My husband just retired last June so we decided that this is the year of the cruise. It helps that Disney is sailing 45 minutes from our house in Houston. All of our kids live in Houston so we are taking grandkids with us as much as we can. ( love kids sail free). We have been so happy with Disney Cruises, we love the family emphasis. Sherry
Sherry these trips with your grandkids will be something they will always remember and hold close to their hearts when they get older (and not just because it is a Disney cruise - but I am sure that will help)! We don't live near either set of grandparents, but one set makes a much more concerted effort to keep in touch with our kids and it makes a real difference to the kids. They really enjoy visiting this set of grandparents more than the other (which is sad, but understandable considering the circumstances) and are always so excited for their "parent-free" week with them.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #118
sherrief
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsMom View Post

Have a nice day!

yay!!!!
sherrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #119
sherrief
Earning My Ears

wow, on page 3

Anyone other first time cruiser excited about being able to check on-line tonight. I'm really hoping for Brunch at Palo.
sherrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #120
SsMom
Earning My Ears

Check in!

Is every first timer waiting for 12am?!?
I need to go to sleep but I'm afraid I'm going to end up with no options
SsMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: