Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
bryana
Mouseketeer

Room Only Offer Question

I originally posted this in the discounts subforum but now I am thinking that this may be a better place because it gets more traffic? If this is not allowed, please delete this post.

Last month my mom and I decided to use credits we had for Southwest and the room only offer Disney was doing for this month to book a girls weekend for this upcoming weekend. My mom booked us at a value and now that we are a few days out, she has been debating upgrading to WL because we haven't stayed there since the mid 90s and she loves it.

My question is if she calls to upgrade, would they be able to keep the discount that we booked under or would we lose it since it expired on December 31st? Additionally, if we get to keep it, would it be the value discount or would they give us the deluxe one that was available?
bryana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
Maleficent53
Have fun storming the castle...

Best answer is for you to call and ask the reservations CM. Asking doesn't require you to make the change if you don't like the response.

1979-1983-1988-1989-1992-1993-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000---and at least once every year since!
Maleficent53 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent53 View Post
Best answer is for you to call and ask the reservations CM. Asking doesn't require you to make the change if you don't like the response.
Agreed. But to the OP: if you tried to upgrade to WL, they might allow you to keep some sort of discount, but it would probably be whatever the discount was for that particular resort. Recent room-only discounts seem to be excluded, or lesser %'s, at some of the deluxes. But it can't hurt to ask.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
bryana
Mouseketeer

Thank you both very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent53 View Post
She was going to call later when she gets done work but I was just wondering what we could expect. The idea of going back to the WL for the first time since I was in my early teens is putting me through the roof.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #5
Missytara
I'm all ears!

The standard CM's at reservations will NOT be able to modify a discount after it is expired. You will need to explain the situation to the CM who answers your call and tell them you need to talk to a supervisor. Only at that level will they be able to pull up the original discount and see if there is availability under that original discount for a new resort. Discounts are based on needs to fill resorts and cannot arbitrarily be used to change resort booking categories or resort levels based on where you would prefer to stay.

There has to be availability under that discount for that level of resort. As a previous poster stated, some of the discounts offer lower or no discounts at the deluxes, especially at times when they don't necessarily need to offer them to fill resorts.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
bryana
Mouseketeer

That is about what I figured but wanted to ask to confirm. Thank you!

Upcoming Trips
Jan'15 RPR/BWI/BC

Previous Trips
Aug'96 WL; Aug'05 WL; Jun'08 ASMo; Dec'10 Offsite; Jan'13 ASMu; Feb'14 BC (Inaugural GSC )
Old 01-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
Jacob54
Earning My Ears

unlikely you will get a discount after that.
Jacob54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: