Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #16
caselaw3
DIS Veteran

Great Info! Thank you! I will definitely pose that question on the A of A thread! I imagine it is true that the kiddos should be just plain exhausted and could sleep through the night on concrete, lol - it is hubby that I am most worried about - he has had several back surgeries and knee surgeries and has a hard time being comfortable when laying down -

it will be crowded in that queen size bed but it will be Disney! so it will be fine!
caselaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #17
luvs2travl
Dream BIG...Live GRAND

Quote:
Originally Posted by caselaw3 View Post
Great Info! Thank you! I will definitely pose that question on the A of A thread! I imagine it is true that the kiddos should be just plain exhausted and could sleep through the night on concrete, lol - it is hubby that I am most worried about - he has had several back surgeries and knee surgeries and has a hard time being comfortable when laying down -

it will be crowded in that queen size bed but it will be Disney! so it will be fine!
The bed in the master bedrooms is a FULL size, not queen.

The moderate and deluxe resorts have queen size beds.

Disney Vacations: 17 - Disney Cruise: 1
luvs2travl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #18
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

The bed in the AoA Family Suites' master bedroom is most definitely a queen. They are fulls in the standard Little Mermaid rooms.
Just wanted to clarify.... One of the advantages of the suites.

Avenger's 1/2 Marathon!
minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #19
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

I have stayed at all 3. My two cents worth. Pick AOA or CSR. AOA for the size of the room and zero entry pool with little ones or CSR for the hot tub and theme. POR royal room was nuts with my two year old who kept pushing the lights button singing dream lights til 1am there was no way to shut it off. My other down side for POR was the size of the resort it was a far walk to the food court with a 2 year old and grandma. POR didnt work for us due to the size of the resort and the pool looked old. I love CSR themed pool and hot tub area and their food court. AOA the space is wonderful but I did miss the hot tub however the short distance to the food court and pool was wonderful. Hope all that mess made sense.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:04 PM   #20
caselaw3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWISHFORDISNEY View Post
I have stayed at all 3. My two cents worth. Pick AOA or CSR. AOA for the size of the room and zero entry pool with little ones or CSR for the hot tub and theme. POR royal room was nuts with my two year old who kept pushing the lights button singing dream lights til 1am there was no way to shut it off. My other down side for POR was the size of the resort it was a far walk to the food court with a 2 year old and grandma. POR didnt work for us due to the size of the resort and the pool looked old. I love CSR themed pool and hot tub area and their food court. AOA the space is wonderful but I did miss the hot tub however the short distance to the food court and pool was wonderful. Hope all that mess made sense.

Thank you so much that is such great advice and very helpful - I think I would shoot myself if I had to listen to those lights/music going off over and over, lol! I would really like a hot tub for myself - I mean I know it is a vaca for the kids but it is the first vaca I have had in forever too, so I really do want to be able to treat myself to something! Right now I think that we will stay with A of A for the kids and hopefully a nice discount will come out and I can use the savings to give myself a spa day!
Otherwise - I think we will head to CSR for the savings and the hot tub!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #21
caselaw3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
The bed in the AoA Family Suites' master bedroom is most definitely a queen. They are fulls in the standard Little Mermaid rooms.
Just wanted to clarify.... One of the advantages of the suites.
Thank you for clarifying that - I much prefer a queen but even if they weren't we would be fine with three double beds for four people

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: