Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #16
MagicKingdom4Ever
Mouseketeer

We ate there in Nov and everyone (party of 4) enjoyed their food. I had the quinoa salad which was good and a strawberry cupcake I loved. The desserts are so fun! The croque Monsieur also got good reviews. At first I was disappointed we couldn't get a dinner reservation, but I was really happy with the lunch and didn't feel like I was missing anything. Have a great time!!

MagicKingdom4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #17
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

The lunch items we have tried are:

The steak sandwich- good, I agree with the pp who said the fries were just regular park fries, not the real pomme frites they serve with dinner (which are delicious!)

Quinoa salad- surprisingly good!

Quiche and salad- eh, the quiche was lacking in flavor I thought and the salad it was served with was underdressed.

Braised pork- delicious! The best dish we had.

Potato leek soup- pretty good

We tried all 3 flavors of cupcakes and I personally liked the lemon the best. I think the tartness of the lemon cut the sweetness of the cupcake perfectly. Dd1loved the chocolate the best (mostly because she can never eat Disney baked goods due to allergies but these she could eat!) DD2 liked the strawberry the best. Lol, go figure...

Avenger's 1/2 Marathon!
minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #18
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
I've only eaten lunch there once so far. I had the quiche and it was delicious. The chocolate cupcake I had for dessert was really good too.
Was going to ask about the quiche, my plan next week is to actually have that for my late breakfast there and then a late lunch (at the Plaza). (I just really want to try BOG). DD is not a breakfast person at all so I figure she can have her bag of mini muffins, I'll have my oatmeal before we head to the park and we'll get in line at 10 something. How is the quiche served (with anything on the side?)

Ok and after I wrote this post I see a not so good review on the quiche any other opinions?
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #19
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

Ate there this past Sunday. I had the braised pork and wife had the Croque Monsieur. Both were good but her sammich was especially tasty! The pomme frittes were cold though. I had the three chocolate cupcake (yum!!) and she had the lemon raspberry cream puff - too tart and didnt finish
Old 01-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #20
riostoker
Earning My Ears

How long have you had to wait in line for lunch? I have an ADR for dinner in March, but we're on the dining plan, and right now, I have too many TS booked. I'd rather switch to going there for lunch, but I'm nervous about having to wait in line forever. I don't want to waste valuable park time doing that!!! I definitely want to eat at BOG though, one way or the other.
riostoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #21
PJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riostoker View Post
How long have you had to wait in line for lunch? I have an ADR for dinner in March, but we're on the dining plan, and right now, I have too many TS booked. I'd rather switch to going there for lunch, but I'm nervous about having to wait in line forever. I don't want to waste valuable park time doing that!!! I definitely want to eat at BOG though, one way or the other.
When we went last month we were almost at the end of the bridge and only waited about 20 minutes.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #22
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
When in March? As the month goes on it will most likely get busier with Spring Breaks and Easter at the end of the month. Depending on the time of year you could see almost no waits to people lining up at 9AM for the 10:30 AM opening (yes, this did happen during the holiday season).

I would walk past about 9:30/9:45 and see what it looks like. Decide then if it is worth getting in line.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #23
minniebeth

jwfla422, the quiche wasn't bad, it was just ok. It was the least favorite dish of the items we had. The crust was nice but overall just lacked flavor. I think it would have been better if the salad that was served with it had more dressing on it, it lacked dressing/flavor as well. It was my DD's dish and she is somewhat picky about quiche since we have a lovely little French bakery locally that makes delicious little quiches.
I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying it by any means, we just liked the other things we had much better.

When we went in November, we waited on line for 25 minutes. Beginning of January, 40 minutes
for lunch. We had a dinner reservation in January and waited 20 minutes after checking in.
We just look at waiting as part of the experience, like you would for an attraction. It's not just dining, it's an experience. It's worth waiting for to see it all.

Avenger's 1/2 Marathon!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #24
vakamalua
DIS Veteran

We will be there the first week in March. Does the crowd thin for lunch at BOG toward mid-afternoon (e.g., 2:00 pm)? What time do they stop serving lunch?

Thanks
vakamalua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #25
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

Quote:

No need to get in line as early as I have seen some people do - unless you want to eat early.

We were there this past Sunday, supposedly a 6.0 day on the TouringPlans crowd calender. Went to lunch around 12:15 - the line was across the bridge and around the corner halfway to Gaston's fountain. CM was telling everyone it was a 90 minute wait at that point but we knew better and got in line. A 25, mebbe 30 minute wait tops and we were at the front door. Ordered and done eating another 30 minutes after that.

Just schedule a 60-70 minute lunch and you should be ok.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #26
minniebeth

Also, you get your food very quickly after you order, so you are not waiting very long at all after you find a table. You pretty much are eating right after you get to order.

Avenger's 1/2 Marathon!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #27
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

DH, DD, and I ate there in November. I had the Croque Monsieur and fries (which I split with DD- she is only 2 and wouldn't have eaten any of the kids' menu items). The sandwich was very good and large. There was more than enough to share with her. DH also had a couple of bites. The fries were normal park fries- good but nothing fancy. I also had the french onion soup. It was very good.

DH had the steak sandwich. It was very dry and not so good. He really didn't care for it. I took one bite and that was enough for me. We shared a strawberry cupcake and chocolate cream puff. The cupcake was really good the cream puff was ok.

We got in line at 11. It took about 20 min. to get through the line. It was at the end of the bridge when we got in line. Our food was served very quickly after we ate.

Last edited by Crystal824; 01-24-2013 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Spelling
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #28
riostoker
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
When in March? As the month goes on it will most likely get busier with Spring Breaks and Easter at the end of the month. Depending on the time of year you could see almost no waits to people lining up at 9AM for the 10:30 AM opening (yes, this did happen during the holiday season).

I would walk past about 9:30/9:45 and see what it looks like. Decide then if it is worth getting in line.
We'll be there March 1-7. The resort rates increase March 8, so I'm hoping we're beating most of the spring break crowds. fingers crossed!
riostoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #29
madge
... is soaking in it

looking forward to our BoG lunch this Sunday ... what kind of sauce/spread is on the steak sandwich? picky eaters want to know

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

madge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #30
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

Do you get the full experience at lunch that you would get at dinner? I mean, is the whole restaurant open so you can see everything? Aside from different food, and a server to take your order, what is the difference?
2005 OKW, first trip with DS
2006 WL
2007 POLYNESIAN 2008 All Star Music
2009 Surprise birthday trip for DS offsite
2009 Holidays at the World , POFQ
2010 New countertops, or Disney?....,we chose the Contemporary, Club Level MK view and the Yacht Club!
Trip Report from the most awesome trip ever! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2565514
2012 BLT
8/25/12 First Cruise on the Fantasy to celebrate over 130 pounds lost!
cjnix29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: