Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #226
donaldlovesdaisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsoccermom View Post
I don't understand why someone keeps bumping up a thread they so dramatically want to see die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KapBoy77 View Post
Me neither.
Ahhh give the guy a break we all do crazy things when we are bored!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #227
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLeFever View Post
Maybe for your kids - but I have an autograph book from 1972 with Mickey, Minnie and Goofy! No set places to see them back then though - they just appeared!
My kids had been taught to wait their turn, etc. It was crazy busy in the MK when we went and on the very few occasions a character appeared the hoard of people who surrounded him was If there was an opportunity to get an autograph I doubt my kids would have managed that! I know that this was forever ago and we were real Disney novices but I am not unhappy for the way it is now. We were completely unprepared, I can tell you! Still had a great time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123 View Post
disney is already working on this... its called fastpass+. you may not have heard about it yet but if you search webcrawler or one of the other popular web search engines, you might find a small article.
Oh I have heard about it. I would hate to think that the characters would get locked into a set of rules and regulations that prohibited deviating at all. Right now the characters seem to take their cues from the people who are in their lines and with that latitude there may be an occasional misstep such as the one the OP's child experienced. I still like that kind of spontaneous interactions. Those can occur with FP+.
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #228
scoutie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Frankly, it's this attitude that affords the kids of today to have that "it's all about me and if I don't get my way, I am going to raise hell" attitude
No kidding. It's this type of entitled attitude that leads to so many problems in our society.

As for the calling to get Mickey fired. Wow. How elitist and sad. The character is probably making minimum wage (or, if they are interning as part of a college program...getting paid zero.) At the very most, the person made a tiny mistake. I make mistakes at my job occasionally (as we all do), and to call for my firing is preposterous.

Last edited by scoutie; 01-24-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #229
Golf4283
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutie View Post

As for the calling to get Mickey fired. Wow. How elitist and sad.
I think most (if not all) of that was tongue in cheek referring to the outlandish comments from some.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #230
twooley2
DIS Veteran

I have to say that while this would not have made my children cry at that age. I am in the idea that spontaneous moments are better than always being on a structured timeframe and set order of things. The whole character greet spot setup has not won my vote but I do understand with safety and all why they had to implement them in a more structured way. I am not sure this kind of stucture would have been called for in the older days as to say. My daughter works at a place where daycares frequent for field (day) trips and she says that many of the daycare kids that come in cant not think without being told each step of what or how to do it they literally stand there until told what and how to do each step and wont walk away until told "thats all go now johnny"...
Old 01-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #231
Kona65
Taking it slow and easy!

Someone dared me to bump up this tread....TDBIASWS.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #232
scoutie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think most (if not all) of that was tongue in cheek referring to the outlandish comments from some.
Most were, but there were two specific comments that were not tongue in cheeck. If you scroll back, you can see them (although, why would you want to, lol!)
Old 01-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #233
Baliezer
DIS Veteran

Anyone else have the "You can't always get what you want" song in their head, while reading through this thread?
Old 01-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #234
kris4360
DIS Veteran

Now I do
Old 01-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #235
MikeandReneePlus5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meuseman View Post
I have a DD(5) and a DS(2) who are both experienced Disney Fans. Both have grown up, knowing from before they could talk, how Disney character interactions work.
This is so funny to me...experienced and grown up at 2 and 5!
Old 01-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #236
tlkgt76
"If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baliezer View Post
Anyone else have the "You can't always get what you want" song in their head, while reading through this thread?

Ha! Reminds me of December 21st, the day of Mayan doom, when all I could think about is R.E.M.'s song "It's the End of the World As We Know It".

I posted this on another thread I started the other day, but I'm thinking "Don't Worry, Be Happy" is appropriate right now as well.
ASM - September 2009
Pop/AKL - December 2011
Disney Dream/Poly/CBR-Pirate - March/April 2013
Disneyland Hotel - September 2014

Old 01-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #237
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

we need a beating a dead horse emoticon.
Me: Debi DH: John DD: Erin/7
Old 01-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #238
Kona65
Taking it slow and easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baliezer View Post
Just for that....don't think about the song "It's a small world". That will teach you...TDBIASWS.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #239
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlkgt76 View Post
Ha! Reminds me of December 21st, the day of Mayan doom, when all I could think about is R.E.M.'s song "It's the End of the World As We Know It".

I posted this on another thread I started the other day, but I'm thinking "Don't Worry, Be Happy" is appropriate right now as well.
Or Another One Bites the Dust. I don't think the OP will be back any time soon.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #240
donaldlovesdaisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmarie
Ok the weirdest thing just happened. I was thinking about this thread some more and was googling to see if there was a standard order for the character interaction. But in doing so I ran across a link to a board where people were literally making fun of this thread, and other threads on here. Maybe this was already well known but I've been here for years and had no idea. As much as I always thought some people on these boards (just a few lol) had no life, I was wrong. There are a group of people with less of one.

I am not going to post a link but if you're curious just google the thread title. The least they could do is make their stuff private so you'd have to register to see. As much as we get on each others nerves here sometimes I still love you guys. Well most of you anyways lol.
So what do they think of the topic!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: