Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #1636
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Bad news Nannette....

I spoke with Jack and he said the last time he gave out his number THIS happened...

So sorry, no dice. You're not getting the number.

~NM
PS. He snores like a bandit so sticking with Mr. Nannette may be a better deal....
LOL.... this has me rolling

Staring out my window at work watching the snow come down... My car is already completely buried Dreaming of but don't know when we will get there. We just determined that we probably will not be able to go this year as my sister will be due about the time we were planning on this summer... But a new niece or nephew will be here

We are heading out to our first Disney cruise in just about three weeks so that is exciting. I hope we love it as much as BC

Keep warm everyone

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 01-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #1637
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
What a nightmare!

Well, at least you have a positive attitude! It can only get better from there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
So sorry you all got sick on your trip. I spent my last Disney vacation sick as well and it's just awful to spend so much time and energy planning and anticipating and then have that happen. Of course that's part of why I pushed my hubby so hard to go back this year. We needed a do over!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Ah 333, I remember it well. December 2006. Our first Christmas trip. Had tickets to MVMCP. Dining plan. And we ended up in the room for most of the trips. Norovo virus. Very nasty. Mousekeeping even felt sorry for us and asked was there anything she could do.

But I figure it is like getting thrown from a horse. Only thing to do is get back on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
Sorry your family got so sick on vacation. Moms do have it tough. My middle child got pretty sick when we went to Disney last year. My other two handled shortened park days pretty well. My husband and I switched off taking non-sick kids to the pool and such while the other cared for guy stuck in the room. Puts a damper on things that's for sure. Sending good vibes all our ways that our next trips are healthy!
Thanks everyone. Sounds like lots of us have had trips that were not-so-great. MickeyT - totally agree with you about getting back on the horse. That's why we have our "redo" trip scheduled for this August. We also had the dining plan, and wasted so many meals. I think it might have been our last experience with the dining plan. Looking into Tables in Wonderland for our next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Glad to see you posting back here.

Sorry that your trip was miserable. How sad that everyone was sick.

We had one trip when my oldest son was ill. Dehydration, I think. We were at All Star Music during Tropical Storm Faye for that trip.

The low-light was missing seeing my youngest son at Jedi training while I was back in the room with Nate.

Our redo trip was our first at the Beach Club.

Glad to see you have a new trip on the horizon. AKL only? Don't see a date on the other ticker.
Thanks Dee. How sad that you missed his first Jedi training. A trip to Disney has to include the BC for us. Not sure why the ticker blocked my dates, but I put them side-by-side, so hopefully it shows now. If you could include us on the BOG list? We are going August 8-17 (we extended our trip to make up for our last), with the 8-12 at AKL and 12-17 at our Beach Club "home." Thanks Dee. Hoping I can catch up on your trip report later.
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #1638
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
It's been a while since I posted or even have been on the Dis. We left for our vacation in December and I haven't posted since. Our trip in December was our worst vacation. Less than 24 hours after we arrived, our DD caught the stomach bug and was quite ill. Every family member was ill at some point, and I stayed in the room with the sick people. So, I spent most of the rest of the vacation in our room. I spent a bit of time on our balcony, which had a partial view of Illuminations, which was nice. We did have to cancel our coveted Be Our Guest reservation that took me 2 and a half hours to reserve. But, on the plus side, we did meet Teena on check-in day (so sweet) and our next trip has to be better than this one. We also got one half day to check out the new Fantasyland, which was really wonderful. Looking forward to catching up as I read some of the last few pages.
I'm so sorry for your vacation! I can only imagine the planning and dreaming of your vacation and then to have it turn out the way that it did

I hope you plan a do over trip to make up for that one - you deserve it!

Old 01-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #1639
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Welcome, new posters!!! Hello YC/BC fans!

We're just two days away from departure, and I tend to close up the Dis when we get to the final packing stages, so I'm making a last call for YC/BC missions - photos, questions, etc.! Let me know what you need and I'll add it to my mission list!

We're staying 8 nights and slowing down the pace, so I may be able to send Dee a photo or two for posting during our trip.

Yuck for all the "sick on vacation" stories. Happened to me on the drive from San Francisco to Newport last year - was awful. Fortunately, the trip was long enough that I had some "well time" at the beginning and at the end. I second Mickey T's do-over trip recommendation!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
Old 01-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #1640
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Welcome, new posters!!! Hello YC/BC fans!

We're just two days away from departure, and I tend to close up the Dis when we get to the final packing stages, so I'm making a last call for YC/BC missions - photos, questions, etc.! Let me know what you need and I'll add it to my mission list!

We're staying 8 nights and slowing down the pace, so I may be able to send Dee a photo or two for posting during our trip.

Yuck for all the "sick on vacation" stories. Happened to me on the drive from San Francisco to Newport last year - was awful. Fortunately, the trip was long enough that I had some "well time" at the beginning and at the end. I second Mickey T's do-over trip recommendation!

Just wanted to wish you all a wonderful trip!! Looking forward to your posting when you get back!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #1641
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids

I am with you on this one. Dreaming of warm, sunny FL! -5 here outside while we waited for the bus. Just north of you. Crazy. Supposed to be -8 tonight again. The wood stove is going non-stop! Wish we were sitting in the sun next to SAB
I am not a fan of this weather, there just aren't enough layers! LOL

Old 01-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #1642
tortoni
DIS Veteran

Hi. Have not posted in a while but I've been getting through the ice cold weather by dreaming of the Beach Club.

We bought premier passes that must be started before the end of the year, so we are planning a Christmas trip.

We were at the Yacht Club for Christmas 2008 and we loved it. Hoping to be on the Beach Club side this time, but will have to start looking at prices to see what we will do.

Anyone who had a holiday visit this year, would love to hear "must dos"
Old 01-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #1643
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoni View Post
Hi. Have not posted in a while but I've been getting through the ice cold weather by dreaming of the Beach Club.

We bought premier passes that must be started before the end of the year, so we are planning a Christmas trip.

We were at the Yacht Club for Christmas 2008 and we loved it. Hoping to be on the Beach Club side this time, but will have to start looking at prices to see what we will do.

Anyone who had a holiday visit this year, would love to hear "must dos"
Definitely check out the Christmas lights that the folks staying at Fort Wilderness Camp Grounds decorate their spots with. We planned a dinner in the area (this time it was Kona) and then we took the boats to get to FWCG. We booked a carriage ride but you can easily walk around to see these magnificent lights.

~NM
Old 01-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #1644
rea59
Mouseketeer

Deluxe club level room

Hi... Trying to decide between Beach and Yacht Club. Does anyone know if the deluxe club level rooms at the Beach Club have a wall separating he bedroom and sitting area are there 1 or 2 tvs?

Thanks in advance for any input!
Old 01-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #1645
west&east
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea59 View Post
Hi... Trying to decide between Beach and Yacht Club. Does anyone know if the deluxe club level rooms at the Beach Club have a wall separating he bedroom and sitting area are there 1 or 2 tvs?

Thanks in advance for any input!
When we stayed Deluxe CL at BC last year, there wasn't a separate sitting area- the day bed was directly across from one of the beds but there was a lot more square footage overall. There was only one tv.

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 01-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #1646
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Pixarmom - have a magical trip! Can't wait to hear all about it. If you get a chance can you check out if BC Marketplace still has the cold turkey sandwiches? Looks like they are off the menu at Hurricane Hannah. One of my dd's just loves the turkey and mozzarella sandwiches.

We stayed in a deluxe club room in 2009 - no dividing wall but definitely a lot more space between and beds and sitting area than a regular room. Only one tv. HTH.

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 01-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #1647
rea59
Mouseketeer

Thanks west&East.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #1648
west&east
DIS Veteran

I just realized that my signature said I was at BC from Jan 1-22! I WISH. What is the longest anyone has stayed? (Our actual stay this trip was 4 nights 18th-22nd)

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 01-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #1649
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Bad news Nannette....

I spoke with Jack and he said the last time he gave out his number THIS happened...

So sorry, no dice. You're not getting the number.

~NM
PS. He snores like a bandit so sticking with Mr. Nannette may be a better deal....
Hmmm.... Mr. Nannette snores like a bandit too!! Anyway maybe Jack can be bribed with a spoonful of sugar!!

~Nan

Old 01-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #1650
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
I just realized that my signature said I was at BC from Jan 1-22! I WISH. What is the longest anyone has stayed? (Our actual stay this trip was 4 nights 18th-22nd)
Longest BC stay was 16 nights!

This year we are 6 nights at the Poly and 11 nights at BC!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: