Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #211
donaldlovesdaisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapBoy77 View Post
K I hate this thread and wish it would go away. I stopped reading it after page one cause it's just ridiculous. But waking up every morning to a title that states "Terrible Mickey..." is not a good way to start a day on a positive note.

Kill this thread. Please.
See this response is more ridiculous then the irrational complaint by the OP of the thread. I will never understand why people waste their time to post in a thread they are so incredibly bothered or offended by. For goodness sakes move on not every topic on the DIS is going to be full of pixie dust there is a real world out there.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #212
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Quote:
Originally Posted by badblackpug
I've been to WDW multiple times with children ranging from infants to teens. I never knew, or noticed, that there was a protocol to autograph signing.

I am not out of touch with 2 year olds or their behavior, the youngest of my 4 just turned 3, so I'm pretty familiar.

According to the OP the mature 2 year old walked up to Mickey, handed him his autograph book, as he has done hundreds of times. He said very clearly and politely, "Please sign my autograph book." Within 10 seconds Mickey repeatedly refused to sign the book and then taunted the toddler by hiding his book, and reduced the poor wee mite to sobbing, and the child was removed from the situation by the irate parent. Within a time span of 10 seconds.

If my child was a sobbing crying disaster if he didn't get his way in 10 seconds it would be nap time. I'm pretty sure that if a 2 year old is reduced to "sobbing" in 10 seconds, the tantrum was in the works long before the evil mouse intervened.

My child's behavior wouldn't even register with me, I would chalk this up to tired or over-stimulated toddler. It certainly would never dawn on me to report this incident to guest services.

Now I will digress... what truly bothers me about this whole situation is the pettiness of it all. You are willing to jeopardize someone's job because your toddler didn't get what he wanted within 10 seconds. There are people who scrimp and save and sacrifice to give a once in a lifetime trip to WDW to their kids. There are people who travel with disabled and medically fragile children who are grateful that their children get a few hours in the park a day, during a once in a lifetime trip. The OP's children have been many, many times, and at the ripe old age of 2 are "experienced" WDW travelers, and they are complaining about a 10 second inconvenience their 2 year old had to endure.

Several months ago there was a young woman who posted, briefly, on the community board about being terminally ill and on hospice. Her thread was moved to the disabilities board, but it had a link to a trip report that she wrote. She was extremely medically fragile, and wrote, quite eloquently, about the obstacles she faced just being able to visit WDW. It was very humbling, and served as an excellent reminder of all the little things most of us take for granted on a daily basis.

It should be mandatory reading on the Dis.
Exactly. People get so bent over petty stuff. I mean good Lord, people. This whole situation is so minor and it's so pathetic that parents get bent over something so stupid. Seriously.

God forbid a child doesn't get it's way for once in it's life. Oh the horror.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #213
KapBoy77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldlovesdaisy

See this response is more ridiculous then the irrational complaint by the OP of the thread. I will never understand why people waste their time to post in a thread they are so incredibly bothered or offended by. For goodness sakes move on not every topic on the DIS is going to be full of pixie dust there is a real world out there.
I'll never understand why people waste their time responding to posts that bother or offends them. Not every post is full of pixie dust you know cause believe it or not there is a real world out there.

DIS Dad #749

Me (André) DW (Liane) DS (7) DS (4)
Old 01-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #214
donaldlovesdaisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapBoy77

I'll never understand why people waste their time responding to posts that bother or offends them. Not every post is full of pixie dust you know cause believe it or not there is a real world out there.
I was not offended or bothered by your post just trying to figure out why one would waste their time if they feel they are above the topic at hand! I do find it ridiculous to make declarations asking for a topic to be closed simply because you don't agree with the subject matter!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:10 AM   #215
donaldlovesdaisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700

Exactly. People get so bent over petty stuff. I mean good Lord, people. This whole situation is so minor and it's so pathetic that parents get bent over something so stupid. Seriously.

God forbid a child doesn't get it's way for once in it's life. Oh the horror.
Which is why we have young adults who can't deal with life constantly making tragic decision which as we see on the news is happening more and more frequently.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #216
KapBoy77
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I was not offended or bothered by your post just trying to figure out why one would waste their time if they feel they are above the topic at hand! I do find it ridiculous to make declarations asking for a topic to be closed simply because you don't agree with the subject matter!
Ok fair enough. For the record I'm bored at work right now.

But I see what you mean. Sorry just feeling a bit snippy today. No hard feelings.

DIS Dad #749

Old 01-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #217
KapBoy77
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Which is why we have young adults who can't deal with life constantly making tragic decision which as we see on the news is happening more and more frequently.
And I agree with this.

DIS Dad #749

Old 01-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #218
donaldlovesdaisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapBoy77

Ok fair enough. For the record I'm bored at work right now.

But I see what you mean. Sorry just feeling a bit snippy today. No hard feelings.
That makes two of us I am home with a sick kid!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #219
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Quote:

Yup! Totally agree!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #220
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

I really don't think Mickey hid the books maliciously. More so probably hoping to diffuse the situation - out of site out of mind, let's make it a game kind of deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishingMom View Post
Folks, this entire "incident" happened within 10 seconds, Mickey probably didn't even realize what was going on at the point where the parents left. I hardly think this should be the cause of someone losing their job...seriously.

And an experienced 2 year old? Really?
I caught that as well
Old 01-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #221
tlkgt76
"If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldlovesdaisy View Post

Yep! Between this and parents too lazy to watch their kids shoving them in a basement with a computer and violent games instead of interacting with them (not blaming the games, I'm blaming the parents). There are parents out there raising a bunch of pansies, then these kids have no idea what the real world is like because they're always protected from it or they've never experienced it.

I'll stop before I get too off topic because I don't think that's the same situation we have here.
ASM - September 2009
Pop/AKL - December 2011
Disney Dream/Poly/CBR-Pirate - March/April 2013
Disneyland Hotel - September 2014

Old 01-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #222
Miskey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badblackpug
You are willing to jeopardize someone's job because your toddler didn't get what he wanted within 10 seconds.
This!!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #223
mdsoccermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapBoy77 View Post
I don't understand why someone keeps bumping up a thread they so dramatically want to see die.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #224
KapBoy77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsoccermom

I don't understand why someone keeps bumping up a thread they so dramatically want to see die.
Me neither.

DIS Dad #749

Old 01-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #225
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf4283 View Post
so you're mad because Mickey wanted to take pictures and then sign the books? seriously? I'm sorry but that seems really picky to me. Was the Mickey acting inappropriately?

I really don't want to sound harsh or mean and I'm sorry if I do but it just seems as though you could just tell your kids to smile first and they would listen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
I know...is this real life? Like do parents really get mad over something like this? Wow, just wow.

I really don't see what the big deal was. I highly doubt that Mickey was trying to ruin your kids' day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly View Post
Are you kidding me? If a server brought out my dessert first, I would be delighted! Of course, I then wouldn't want my main meal, but I would consider it to be awesome.

I think the OP's "complaint" is ludicrous. Frankly, it's this attitude that affords the kids of today to have that "it's all about me and if I don't get my way, I am going to raise hell" attitude. Teach your kids to be flexible, and that the world does NOT revolve around them....it's probably the best character trait you can instill in them.

Yep, let's get someone in trouble, possibly lose their job, because you and your kid cannot handle a switch up in routine, or things not going "perfect" for you.

Bravo. Let's just keep the ugly cycle going...

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: