Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #16
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! That is very exciting!

My first thought was to persuade you to go to WDW as it is just awesome. However, I would only do this if you can afford to add more days. It takes a lot of time to tour WDW and my biggest concern is the age of your kids. They are young and so you will not be able to go commando style to see everything - they will need pool time, nap time, etc. That is a long flight for kids that age and you don't want to start your trip with cranky kids.

If you have plans to get to WDW in the future when your kids are older, it might be a better idea to go to DL and take your time to enjoy it. If you are not sure if you will ever be able to swing a trip to WDW in the future, then I would try to add a few more days.

Good luck with the decision. I am sure whatever you decide, you will have a great time with your family!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #17
a742246
older than dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltiesmom View Post
From what I understand they offer you the option to add on, the cost of adding on days to the park hoppers is minimal, its the cost of the resort that will be expensive, but with not having to pay to get there, and half of the resort cost, and the $500 GC you get with the trip I think we should be able to add a couple of days on. Maybe a 7 night stay instead of a 4 night stay. The day we come home we should be able to go to the parks and fly home mid day and still be home around a decent time its just on the way there losing hours. I just told DH he doesnt get a choice, I am choosing WDW and we will make it work.
A 7 day stay would be my choice also. Good for you!
a742246 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #18
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

Ahhh - I missed the post that said that you made your decision! Good for you! Glad you can add on days. 7 days will be perfect! Just get them to bed early that first night and they should be ok! Have fun!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #19
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Just wanted to say congrats on the win....and I would definately take the WDW vacation and add a few days. We are closer to WDW and have only been there for all of our trips. If I were to win the sweepstakes I would take the DLR trip, because I dont know when we could ever afford to fly out there and have a DLR vacation too! Since Disney is paying for the bulk of your expenses, I would go to WDW as you have decided. Maybe try out one of the new Little Mermaid rooms at AOA
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: