Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #16
nanhol
Mouseketeer

If you like buffets then you may like it! The character interactions are good there, the stepsisters & stepmother have a lot of personality (much more so than Cinderella & Prince Charming!). IMO, both Chef Mickeys and 1900 Park Fare are good to experience once, but we won't be returning to either place any time soon. The food was fine buffet food (but not particularly special), and I didn't like worrying about missing characters while we were up getting food.

I didn't love the atmosphere at 1900 Park Fare that much--maybe it's just because of where we sat, but it felt like any of the generic hotel ballrooms I've been in for conferences or weddings. Aside from the characters it didn't especially feel like Disney--definitely not magical. Perhaps others have had better luck with where they were seated?
nanhol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #17
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRiley1985 View Post
Well...the food is better than Chef Mickey's.

My daughter and I went to dinner there in March and I just didn't enjoy it. The food was lukewarm, the waiter was terrible and the character interaction was just okay for me. Then again, I am not really a buffet person so maybe that skewed my view a little.
Yes its that bad, in my opinion! The food was lukewarm, and stated by SRiley. The selection and quality of food was NOT good at all. The only saving grace were the characters, omg they were so funny! I wouldnt go back thou. I generally like buffets but this place was the pits. Im not sure which is worse, 1900 PF dinner or Chef Mickeys!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #18
Pangela
Mouseketeer

We did this for the first time in October and enjoyed it. The food wasn't bad and the character interaction was great. DD was afraid of Prince Charming at first and after a little while he came back to see if she wanted a picture yet which she did.

We were hesitant at first since everyone complains about all the dinner buffets but we were surprised. The food was fresh and tasty. And there are tons of desserts to choose from. Including gummie bears that DD loved.

We are doing it again this trip.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #19
arcticdisneylovers
DIS Veteran

We're going tonight! It's all about the characters, DD will be all dressed up as Cinderella
arcticdisneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #20
rpk1951
DIS Veteran

been twice. Once two adults and once with party of 9 (kids and grandkids). Enjoyed the food and loved charachter interaction. Would go back again.
rpk1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #21
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
Yes its that bad, in my opinion! The food was lukewarm, and stated by SRiley. The selection and quality of food was NOT good at all. The only saving grace were the characters, omg they were so funny! I wouldnt go back thou. I generally like buffets but this place was the pits. Im not sure which is worse, 1900 PF dinner or Chef Mickeys!
LOL...yeap agreed, I like buffets but not this one (at dinner) and NOT CM, HOWEVER that being said I do really like their breakfast buffet (but can't say the same for CM's breakfast buffet, don't like that either).

I think the majority (not all of course) of the dinner buffets in WDW aren't quite as good as the breakfast buffets, now that's just my opinion but a good observation.
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #22
Yelloweaver
Earning My Ears

My DH really liked the food there. There are a lot of choices and everything tasted very good.

The only thing, I would book our dinner earlier than 8pm, my 5 year old was falling asleep at the table and couldn't enjoy Cinderella or any of the other characters.
Yelloweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #23
steeners81
Mouseketeer

You aren't going to find the best food on Disney property here but I enjoyed the food. We go for the character interaction, we love the stepsisters, and I would definitely say it is better then other buffets (Chef Mickeys )
Old 01-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #24
Tink_Or_Belle
Want to come to my High Meat party?
I'd hate to be Glazin Raisin

it was my kids favorite Character meeting but the food was so bad that we met the characters , left and went to a counter service place instead.
Tink_Or_Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #25
NJAmanda
Mouseketeer

We eat here on every trip for dinner and really enjoy it. It is one of our must do dinners each time. The options are great, the food is good, our waiter has always been pleasant, and the kids love the characters. I would say give it a try and see how you like it! Have a great trip!!

Next trip April 20, 2013- Port Orleans French Quarter
NJAmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:31 PM   #26
ThisIsJason
DIS Veteran

Don't know. Never made it in the door this past May. Checked in 15 minutes early, an hour after our ressie time, still hadn't been paged. Went and asked what was up, and was told they skipped us, and it would be another 40-50 minutes for a table.
AKV DVC Owner
ThisIsJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:11 AM   #27
SRiley1985
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsJason
Don't know. Never made it in the door this past May. Checked in 15 minutes early, an hour after our ressie time, still hadn't been paged. Went and asked what was up, and was told they skipped us, and it would be another 40-50 minutes for a table.
What?! I would have demanded the next table. It's not your fault you were skipped. That is terrible customer service.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #28
ThisIsJason
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRiley1985 View Post
What?! I would have demanded the next table. It's not your fault you were skipped. That is terrible customer service.
Oh, I complained. Was more or less told by the lady to 'take it or leave it'. Went back to CSR, had dinner at Maya Grill, after that went to service desk, told them what had happened, just to let someone know. Guy I talked with there gave us six fastpasses for any ride, and $75 gift card. More than enough, and I didn't ask for anything, just wanted to let someone know.
AKV DVC Owner
ThisIsJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #29
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Okay, just returned and ate here last week.

Character interaction here is awesome. My nieces loved it. Unfortunately the food selection IMO was pretty bad. What did look appetizing never tasted very good. Bummer!

But, to each their own so try it if you are still thinking about it!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:13 AM   #30
LovingDisney2012
All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust!

Thanks for the input everyone I love being able to come here and get honest opinions.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: