Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
mina576
Earning My Ears

Talking Extra Magic Hours...questions/suggestions?

I'm stumped on what to do for HS and EP and their EMH. The two days that we are scheduled to go 2/11 and 2/12 they are offering EMH. My question is should we take advantage of the EMH or reverse our parks and avoid the EMH parks due to crowds. We are two couples with 4 kids (21mo, 3, 6 and 7 yr old). Our plan was to leave the park early afternoon to give the kids some down time and naps and then return to the parks late afternoon into the evening. With naps our kids are all pretty good with staying up late (so that is not an overly huge worry)

We're stumped as to what to do. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks so much,
mina
mina576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
DaisyFoote
Mouseketeer

I know first hand you should avoid early morning emh but evening emhs are not a problem. I remember our last emh at HS was awesome - we rode TSM twice and ToT twice plus another ride in the middle. I can't remember at Epcot how many times we rode TT in emh; it was at least 3 times. We would've ran back and rode Soaring but we were content just to focas on TT at that point. We love evening emhs!!
DaisyFoote is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
DisNikki
Mouseketeer

If you're sure you'll be there before rope drop then I say take advantage of the EMH. Just my vote though

- Several trips as a child (off-site, Poly twice)
- 3/26-4/3/11 with FIL, BIL and his family - a total of 9 people! Stayed off-site at Orange Lake North Village
- Planning a trip for 5/24-6/3/2013, staying at CSR

DisNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #4
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

We like early EMHs a lot better, because some think "it's just an hour", whereas the evening EMHs are usually a little longer.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #5
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mina576
I'm stumped on what to do for HS and EP and their EMH. The two days that we are scheduled to go 2/11 and 2/12 they are offering EMH. My question is should we take advantage of the EMH or reverse our parks and avoid the EMH parks due to crowds. We are two couples with 4 kids (21mo, 3, 6 and 7 yr old). Our plan was to leave the park early afternoon to give the kids some down time and naps and then return to the parks late afternoon into the evening. With naps our kids are all pretty good with staying up late (so that is not an overly huge worry)

We're stumped as to what to do. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks so much,
mina
Switch them. Go to Epcot on 2/11 and HS on 2/12. In the morning, it is nice to NOT to have to try to make it by 8:00 a.m., because if you happen to run late, you may lose all benefit. And for either morning or evening, not all of the attractions are open during EMH, and you will already have some limitations on riding due to little kids, having to rider swap, etc. Plus, EMH is designed to draw people to the park, so parks are more crowded.
You are going at low crowd times. You should not need EMH to avoid crowds. But if you do decide to go, research what will be open so you can have a plan.
ChristineOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #6
katt789
DIS Veteran

Personally, for HS & Epcot, I don't really do the EMH, if I end up at DHS for an evening EMH, I might stick around to ride ToT a few more times but that's it.

I personally find Morning EMH to be far more efficient, people don't like getting up that early, and you can finish so much in the first hour!! People don't mind staying up late, so the PM EMH are usually more crowded in my opinion.

So, I would swap the days and skip the EMH if I were you
katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
mina576
Earning My Ears

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I'm going to let the group know....lets see if we all agree. LOL
mina576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #8
smellyia
Mouseketeer

We love morning EMH IF you're there at RD and leave by midday and hop later to a rec park. We find we can get all the big ticket stuff done by noon and have longer down time at our resort for swimming before park hopping or dinner elsewhere at night. If no park hoppers go on rec days because the morning EMH park gets to be awfully crowded by 12. We avoid evening EMH - have found them to be a bit overrun.
BC May/June 2012
BC May/June 2013
AKL CL Feb 2014
Yacht May 2014
USO, WL Oct 2014
Resort TBD Dec 2014
smellyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 PM   #9
rsleleux
Mouseketeer

We are going the same week and have decided to avoid EMH all together, my friend is going to HS for late EMH but that is the only day she is taking a chance with EMH, since we don't have Parkhoppers!

rsleleux is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: