Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #31
Aigantighe
Earning My Ears

Just saw a really great FE gift idea that would be a great educational idea for on the cruise - nautical flags. We haven't cruised yet (Fantasy Jan 2014) but the OP said there are lots of nautical flags on board and the kids can decipher the messages by using the nautical flag alphabet. Could be fun.
Aigantighe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #32
JackieO
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aigantighe View Post
Just saw a really great FE gift idea that would be a great educational idea for on the cruise - nautical flags. We haven't cruised yet (Fantasy Jan 2014) but the OP said there are lots of nautical flags on board and the kids can decipher the messages by using the nautical flag alphabet. Could be fun.
Found a great website: http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/flags.htm
JackieO is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #33
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aigantighe View Post
On the Wonder, the passageway on the port side between the kids club and the Buena Vista Theatre had separate pictures of the Nautical flags with a cute picture and a description.

I'll post a picture tomorrow (I took pictures of each one). Sorry, can't get at it tonight.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #34
CandyPG
Earning My Ears

My daughter is in Kinder and she will miss 8 days of school. Her major focus in school is writing and reading. I have printer about 15 different journal pages for her to work on during our trip. This will also make a fun suvioneers.
CandyPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:26 PM   #35
jmrbc9900
Earning My Ears

Bump
jmrbc9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #36
Gracedis1
Mouseketeer

Love this thread! Is there a tour of the ship you can take? My kids love learning about different modes of transportation. It would be cool to learn about how ships are made, what parts are used for what purpose, how the captain navigates, etc.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #37
McDonald5
Mouseketeer

Our cruise isn't until October so my girls will be in 1st and 2nd. But one thing I have planned is to make a book about all of the marine life we see. I've got disposable underwater cameras for each of them and I have my own underwater camera (not disposable). So when we get back we will make little books with all of the info we can find about each fish/plant/coral etc. I plan to also include my preschooler in it too (he just won't be able to write sentences like the girls).

I can't wait until we can do a European cruise, though. Now THAT will be a learning experience for everyone!

Disney Fantasy - 7 night Western Caribbean Oct-Nov 2013
McDonald5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #38
Docmom
Mouseketeer

These are great ideas! We homeschool and are going on our first DCL cruise in 3 weeks. We've already studied about pirates and Walt Disney (totally fascinating life). We're going to do a dolphin encounter in GC and stingrays in Cozumel so are reading about both and just started a unit study on sailing ships. We planned on doing some astronomy onboard and now will include a world map to map out the CMs' native countries. May also ask them to teach us a few words in their native language. Will also have my girls do scrapbooks and journals of the trip....and I'm going to make ones for them too!
Docmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: