Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #61
GoinPlaces63
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexa
ROAMING MICKEY

What is Roaming Mickey? It's a big magnet with Roaming Mickey and Ports of call on it, with short instruction and plenty of room for you to sign it.

What I need to do? It's quite simple. We will start the Roam by placing the Roaming Mickey magnet on someone's door. With a magnet will be a list of participating staterooms and pens. You need to sign the magnet, cross over your stateroom # and put it on someone else's door who has not signed it yet. At the end of the cruise the last person will return it to the door of the room number printed on the magnet. If I get it back by the end of the cruise I'll take a picture and share it with you once we get home so you can see where Roaming Mickey was and print it out.

If you want to be a part of it please let me know by sending a message here on DIS (Lexa) or FB with your stateroom #. If you don't have # yet, please still send a message so I'll know how many rooms we have.
Sounds like fun to me.
GoinPlaces63
GoinPlaces63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #62
DVCTigger
DIS Veteran

Finally checking in

I've been following for a while now. DH and I will be joining you all as well. I recognize some names from previous cruises. This will be our 12th cruise with DCL, but 1st PC. I know DH has joined the fb page, but neither of us are very active in posting. We are looking forward to a nice relaxing cruise, but would be nice to meet some of you to make the cruise that much more fun! We will be traveling with my parents, and DH will be just 2.5 months post knee replacement. So probably a more relaxing cruise than some of our previous. I'll be reading along, looks like a great group!
DVCTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #63
DebbieOBX
Mouseketeer

This is ME. This is ME on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/debbie.furner?fref=ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysmommy View Post
I just sent you a FB message...well if I sent it to the right Debbie Furner.
DebbieOBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:19 PM   #64
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastNovaks

Pajamas.... um.... I don't think I could participate.
I have pajamas for events that require it, like Christmas morning, or Triton's. Otherwise... yeah.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #65
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCTigger View Post
I've been following for a while now. DH and I will be joining you all as well. I recognize some names from previous cruises. This will be our 12th cruise with DCL, but 1st PC. I know DH has joined the fb page, but neither of us are very active in posting. We are looking forward to a nice relaxing cruise, but would be nice to meet some of you to make the cruise that much more fun! We will be traveling with my parents, and DH will be just 2.5 months post knee replacement. So probably a more relaxing cruise than some of our previous. I'll be reading along, looks like a great group!
Our DH's can compare scars. DH is post op 2 weeks from his total knee. He has done very well . He''s going back to work on Mon.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #66
Clari
Earning My Ears

Count us in for the PJ breakfast and the champaign girls. Well not sure if I can get my grandma to wear pink or Mickey pjs but mom and me r in for both.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:42 PM   #67
DVCTigger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post
Our DH's can compare scars. DH is post op 2 weeks from his total knee. He has done very well . He''s going back to work on Mon.
Wow, great to hear he is doing that well! DH works from home here, so he is hoping to be able to get on his computer 7-10 days post. And I guess I will have to help him out. He just helped me through my back surgery last August. I'm sure they will enjoy sharing horror stories!
DVCTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #68
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCTigger View Post
Welcome aboard

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #69
roseburghughes
Mouseketeer

Made it over to new thread

Thank you for setting up this new thread. Here we are from 2010 WBTA

Welcome to all the new DISers who have joined this cruise.

I am working on getting down to cruising weight, which means I have 14 pounds to lose by May 4.

Disneyland:1980, 1985, 1990, 1995, 2000, "Day of July 17, 2005", 2007, 2008, 2011
Walt Disney World: 1976, 1998, 2003, 2007, 2010
Disney Cruises:
December 2003 - 4 Night Bahamian
December 2007 - 7 Night Western Caribbean
September 2010 -14 Night WBTA Repositioning
September 2011 - 5 Night Vancouver to Los Angeles Repositioning
May 2013 - 14 Night WB Panama Canal Repositioning

roseburghughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:42 AM   #70
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Game Night(s)

I also posted this on Facebook, just repeating here on the DIS:

For our game night(s), it has been asked if everyone interested can bring a game, to ease the luggage load for everybody.

Now, all of my games are in German language, and most of them somehow include written words, or rely on an understanding of German in some other way. I have come up with two, though, that can be played without using any German (except for me, of course ):

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/15818/pickomino
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...akerlakensalat

Any preferences among these two, anybody?

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)
2015: Eastbound Transatlantic (Magic, 15 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:47 AM   #71
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Should we list participants to all the events?

Would it be a good idea to list the participants for each event in our 1st or 2nd post (DIS nicknames only)? That way everyone would know whether he has already notified us to join, and have an overview on how many are participating.

Or would those of you organizing an event rather handle the name lists yourselves and not see them posted on this thread?

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)
2015: Eastbound Transatlantic (Magic, 15 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:37 AM   #72
GoinPlaces63
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan
I also posted this on Facebook, just repeating here on the DIS:

For our game night(s), it has been asked if everyone interested can bring a game, to ease the luggage load for everybody.

Now, all of my games are in German language, and most of them somehow include written words, or rely on an understanding of German in some other way. I have come up with two, though, that can be played without using any German (except for me, of course ):

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/15818/pickomino
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...akerlakensalat

Any preferences among these two, anybody?
Kakerlakensalat sounds absolutely hilarious! By the way, my husband and mother are fluent German speakers and I'm passable! My Dad is fluent Italian... What fun.

I must have missed the board game post... Details?
Old 01-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #73
GoinPlaces63
Mouseketeer

I must have missed the board game post... Details?[/QUOTE]

Found it... I see that details are not yet available!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #74
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan View Post
Would it be a good idea to list the participants for each event in our 1st or 2nd post (DIS nicknames only)? That way everyone would know whether he has already notified us to join, and have an overview on how many are participating. . . .
That certainly is the advantage of the DIS. You can list the participants without having their 'real names' out there for public v iew!

Nippy in Florida right now - Sunny, but chilly.

Nothing compared to the -2 it is back home.

Welcome Aboard, DVCTigger!

Happy Day, Everyone!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #75
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Well it's raining here in L.A. right now. I thought I heard somewhere it never rains here. Ha ha ha.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: