Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #16
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee

Hotwire, love it!
I've never been disappointed using it
Did you get on the betterbidding site as well?
No, I didn't know about the betterbidding site, but will remember it for next time. Thanks for sharing.
I've never used hotwire until now. I'm not sure why. Once you work out the hotel, it's quite a bit cheaper than the likes of expedia.

It was pretty easy to work out it was the Sheraton. I went into the non-mystery part of Hotwire and noted that only 2 of their airport hotels had a 4-star rating and a 4/5 for Trip Advisor Reviews. Hotwire said that the Trip Advisor rating was based on 1000+ reviews and, of the two, only the Sheraton had over 1000 reviews. So it was an easy process of elimination.

I nearly booked their 3 1/2 star property (which I'm pretty sure is the Custom Hotel) because that was really cheap. However, after a bit of research, I was worried we might end up getting given a room with one bed (kids are free there if they share existing bedding). All 3 of us sharing a bed is not the restful way I envision beginning our holiday. Lol
Old 01-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #17
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ View Post
All 3 of us sharing a bed is not the restful way I envision beginning our holiday. Lol

Fair call

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #18
JessNewbs
Mouseketeer

We have chosen the Radisson after much research for our quick overnight. I hope it's ok there

JessNewbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:41 AM   #19
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessNewbs
We have chosen the Radisson after much research for our quick overnight. I hope it's ok there
I'm sure it'll be fine.
I would have been quite happy booking the Radisson had the price been right for my dates.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #20
JessNewbs
Mouseketeer

Cool, glad you said that !!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #21
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessNewbs View Post
hey...
we stayed at the radisson for 5 nights last sept....nice hotel...around a 3.5 star standard....the shuttle comes every half hour from the hotel...they usually have a hot yoga course going, so expect 100 yoga students sweating and dripping all over the place....pool is ok, nothing spectacular, but rooms are clean and comfy...and the food /bar downstairs makes an awesome burger and pizza.....it doesnt have a room safe.

for the $63 a night I got, it was money well spent.....
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #22
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Cheers TravelMum. I think I will opt for the Travelodge for the dayroom. Our layover allows us about 6 hours free-time before we need to check-in for the flight home. So we'll probably mainly only use the hotel as a dumping ground for our luggage while we take the bus to Manhatten Beach for a look around and lunch. Then, we'll probably just return for a short swim and shower and then head to the airport. So in all reality, we don't need anything flash.

Have you just got back from your holiday? If so, welcome back and how was it?
re the shuttle bus to manhatten beach..it always runs really late/ not to schedule or doesnt come at all.......so just plan to grab a cab back to the hotel if you are time poor...we waited over an hour past pick up time at macys for the shuttle, the guy was so rude...no tip for you...
Old 01-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #23
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren

re the shuttle bus to manhatten beach..it always runs really late/ not to schedule or doesnt come at all.......so just plan to grab a cab back to the hotel if you are time poor...we waited over an hour past pick up time at macys for the shuttle, the guy was so rude...no tip for you...
That's good to know. Thanks for the heads-up. I might even do some investigating into how much a taxi would cost to the Santa Monica/Venice Beach area. We stayed in Santa Monica last time we were in LA and found the area quite interesting. Unless people think Manhatten Beach is better??? I've never been to Manhatten Beach.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:12 PM   #24
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
for the $63 a night I got, it was money well spent.....
$63! Now that is the kind of price I was hoping to pay. How long ago was that, and where did you find that deal?

I was expecting most hotels to be around the $100 mark, so when I went onto a whole bunch of hotel sites and saw that the average was more like $200 during my stay, I was gutted.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #25
australiankaren

Quote:
$63! Now that is the kind of price I was hoping to pay. How long ago was that, and where did you find that deal?

I was expecting most hotels to be around the $100 mark, so when I went onto a whole bunch of hotel sites and saw that the average was more like $200 during my stay, I was gutted.
hotels.com was the site I used...you just have to keep hunting...and it was payment up front..hope it helps
Old 01-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #26
australiankaren

Quote:
That's good to know. Thanks for the heads-up. I might even do some investigating into how much a taxi would cost to the Santa Monica/Venice Beach area. We stayed in Santa Monica last time we were in LA and found the area quite interesting. Unless people think Manhatten Beach is better??? I've never been to Manhatten Beach.
manhatten beach is awesome..they have a cupcake place that won cupcake wars..heres a few photos....worth the effort

Old 01-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #27
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:

manhatten beach is awesome..they have a cupcake place that won cupcake wars..heres a few photos....worth the effort
Awesome. Thanks for the info Karen :-)
Old 01-28-2013, 06:13 AM   #28
JessNewbs
Mouseketeer

Thanks Karen, we will only be there from around 11pm until 6am so we probably won't see the pool or any food. Just hope the shuttle gets us there on time and we get a good wake up call!

Old 02-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #29
Aussieprincess
Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Magic Castle in LA, I remember it was cheap, I cant remember how much though, it was great there, right next to the main hollywood stretch, with a pool, wifi, free breakfast, and free snacks and drinks as well through the day. I loved it!
Planning a 'Proper' trip to DLR for 2014
Aussieprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:34 AM   #30
SenorGreg
Earning My Ears

Hi,

I have twice stayed at the Westin Los Angeles Airport for a good price. I just checked on kayak.com for a random date and got $117 including tax. They offer a shuttle and while not as nice as a Westin in Australia, it is still nice. For the money it is very good value.

Greg
  • Disneyland - Grand Californian - February 2011

Find me on Google+
SenorGreg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: