|01-23-2013, 08:51 PM||#1|
Earning My Ears
Join Date: Mar 2012
Anything I'm Missing? (Marriage Proposal Trip Itinerary)
So first things first...I love to plan vacations. I usually start planning for a vacation about 9 or 10 months ahead of time and really have fun with with the whole thing.
We did the whole Universal/Islands of Adventure side last year and loved it...and I decided to make the main focus of this trip the SeaWorld parks. A little background, her favorite animals are penguins and dolphins. I am trying to pull out all stops on this trip ending with me proposing to my girlfriend of 5 years. I also REALLY want to give her a fun experience and a chance to relax. She was diagnosed with cancer about 6 months ago and has gone through radiation treatment and is still recovering. It has taken a lot out of her but she has been incredibly strong and I am very proud of her. So this is my way of hopefully giving her the best vacation of her life so far and throw a marriage proposal in there as well!
Here's my itinerary right now (I have already booked everything listed here unless noted)
-Travel day, check into hotel (Marriott Renaissance SeaWorld)
- Aquatica (included with Discovery Cove ticket) with loungers
- T-Rex Cafe or Rainforest Cafe (I have a gift card good at either one)
- 9PM Cirque Du Soleil La Nouba
- SeaWorld (included with Discovery Cove ticket)
- Quick Queue Unlimited (free from hotel)
- Feed dolphins
- Beluga Interaction Program (really excited about this!! It looks amazing)
- Dine With Shamu for dinner!
- Busch Gardens (included with Discovery Cove Ticket)
- Quick Queue Unlimited
- Serengeti Safari Tour
- Bern's Steakhouse dinner (purchased gift card in advance)
- Either Aquatica, SeaWorld, or Busch Gardens again (totally up to her, whichever one she liked the best. My guess is this will probably be SeaWorld due to the new Antarctica area which I can't imagine she won't love)
- Sharks Underwater Grill for lunch if we end up back at SeaWorld
- IFly Orlando at night
- Discovery Cove!!
- Swim with dolphins, engagement proposal with elite package cabana including dozen roses, champagne, chocolate, frame, etc. waiting back at cabana after the proposal. Also an animal meet and greet included
- Probably relaxing back at the hotel afterwards while she calls everyone in the world to tell them the news!
- Check out of hotel and head to St. Augustine where we are staying 1 night at the Bayfront Hilton
- "Vittles and Vino" carriage ride tasting tour (looks awesome! found it here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...e_Florida.html
- St. Augustine Lighthouse
- Any other suggestions for this night or the next morning? I'm not very familiar with St. Augustine. We stopped here briefly on the way back last year (did not spend the night) and went to the Cuban restaurant, spanish bakery, and did the San Sebastian winery tour, all of which we loved.
- Breakfast and lunch somewhere in St. Augustine (Probably O Steen's)
- St. Augustine Wildlife Reserve Tour
- Then off to Savannah, Georgia! Seeing "Savannah Live" at the Savannah Theater that evening. Read a lot of great reviews on these shows on tripadvisor!
- Old Town Trolley Tours
- Blue Orb Ghost Tours
- Georgia Sea Turtle Center then headed home!
Any thoughts? Any helping on dinner recommendations or anything at all in St. Augustine would be really helpful. I can't believe how excited I am for this trip and to see how excited she will be! It feels like it will never be here!
Last edited by folgersnyourcup; 04-06-2013 at 09:07 PM.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|