Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #16
bwallace
Keeps Pulling Me In

you may also want to google cabs in cozumel.From what i recall they are on a fee schedule and hsould be able to show you a fee schedule to any major destination before you get it.

I think most rides max out around $20-ish for a car load of people.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #17
scrapbookmomma74
We love DCL!!!

The turtle farm in Grand Cayman is a blast! Imagine this same photo of one of your kids (I am a big kid at heart!) I would recommend a beach in Cozumel...I've heard good things about Paradise Beach (not offered through DCL), we are going on our next trip there in Sept.
Usually in Grand Cayman, we do the "Island Tour with Stingrays", which includes a stop at "Hell", Grand Cayman, then the turtle farm, and then a ride out to the stingray sandbar to interact with the stingrays. My youngest was 7 the first time we went there, and she loved it, but I'm not sure your kids are old enough, according to DCL.
Have a great cruise! The Western Itinerary is our favorite!
Also, on CC, its fine to not plan anything and just enjoy the beach. You might want to pick up some cheap sand toys at home to pack, they are expensive on CC.
A lifetime of memories at the "World"! 1974, 1975, 1983, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, DCL Magic 2010, DCL Magic 2011, DCL Dream 2011, DCL Magic 2012, DCL Fantasy 2012, DCL Dream 2012, DVC Member Cruise Dream 2013, DL Resort Summer 2013, DCL Fantasy 2013, DCL Magic 2014
[/url][url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
scrapbookmomma74 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #18
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

We are booked on that cruise too and our son will be 2 months shy of 4 when we sail. We have signed up to do the family beach day at tiki beach in Grand Cayman, the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins tour in Costa Maya, and the Cozumel ruins and beach tour. We also have a cabana booked but I'm not 100% sure we will keep it.

2015 June 6 days akv- club level March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 3 days Grand Floridian Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)
Husband, myself and 5 year old son
jcjen519 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #19
Chee Chick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjen519
We are booked on that cruise too and our son will be 2 months shy of 4 when we sail. We have signed up to do the family beach day at tiki beach in Grand Cayman, the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins tour in Costa Maya, and the Cozumel ruins and beach tour. We also have a cabana booked but I'm not 100% sure we will keep it.
I didn't personally go on the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins tour, but DH and DS7 did. We didn't dock in Costa Maya until noon on my cruise. DD3 still takes a good two hour nap in the afternoon, so I knew she would never make it. I stayed on the ship with her which ended up being great because she really got to enjoy a non-crowded pool for quite a while. At one point she actually had the whole Mickey pool to herself (this was on the Magic).

DH and DS7 really enjoyed the Mayan ruins. DS is getting to the age where he enjoys learning about history. DH said the bus ride to the ruins was really long, about an hour each way. So if you bring a little one, make sure you have something to entertain them on the long bus ride. DS actually slept the whole way back.

Chee Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #20
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee Chick View Post
I didn't personally go on the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins tour, but DH and DS7 did. We didn't dock in Costa Maya until noon on my cruise. DD3 still takes a good two hour nap in the afternoon, so I knew she would never make it. I stayed on the ship with her which ended up being great because she really got to enjoy a non-crowded pool for quite a while. At one point she actually had the whole Mickey pool to herself (this was on the Magic).

DH and DS7 really enjoyed the Mayan ruins. DS is getting to the age where he enjoys learning about history. DH said the bus ride to the ruins was really long, about an hour each way. So if you bring a little one, make sure you have something to entertain them on the long bus ride. DS actually slept the whole way back.
thanks for the info! I'm a little nervous about the drive but he does love buses (haha) so hopefully he'll be okay. we will pack some entertainment for sure! staying on the ship sounds nice too though!

2015 June 6 days akv- club level March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 3 days Grand Floridian Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)
Husband, myself and 5 year old son
jcjen519 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #21
AddysMama
Earning My Ears

My 4 YO LOOOOOVED just playing on the beach!

WDW: 1986, 1988, 1990, 1992, 1994, 1996, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011
College Program - Magic Kingdom, Pecos Bill's: 2000
Disney Fantasy 7 Day Cruise - Castaway Cay, St. Thomas and Puerto Rico Jan 2013
Disney Fantasy 7 Day Cruise - St Maarten, St Thomas and Castaway Cay Nov 2013
AddysMama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: