Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
Mikser
Earning My Ears

Question 1 Port day at Port Canaveral/Disney World?

Hello,
We are on the Disney Magic cruise out of Galveston on February 15,2013. One of our ports is Port Canaveral with transportation and tickets to Disney World.
I know other cruises such as out of New York last year had a similar stop at Disney World and I would like to hear about it. Any advice, what did you do, how many parks were visited?, any tips, etc.
This will be our second Disney cruise. It will be my wife, 2 kids ages 6 & 3, and myself.
We are not looking for the thrill rides but more kiddie rides and some character meets that are not on the ship especially Rapunzel and Jake from Jake and never land pirates.
Any help and or advice will be appreciated.
Thank you
Mikser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

Jake can only be found at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Rapunzel is part of the rotation at the Town Square Theater Storybook Princess Meet & Great at the Magic Kingdom.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
lpandorf
DIS Veteran

I'd spend the day at the Magic Kingdom with the ages of your kids They have a lot of great rides for younger kids. If they like the Winnie the Pooh characters there is a nice buffet at the Crystal Palace with Eyeore, Winnie, TIgger and Pooh. The Contemporary Hotel is a monorail ride from the Magic Kingdom and they have Chef Mickeys with a character meal, I believe. I think it's a lot to go to multiple parks if you only have one day and are coming in from Port Canaveral with younger kids.
2007 SSR
2008 OKW
2009 Vero Beach
2010 HHI
2011 DCL
2012 Offsite
2013 AKV
lpandorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
Mikser
Earning My Ears

Thank you both for the reply's. really helps out knowing where Jake and Rapunzel might be.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #5
beWest
Earning My Ears

Anyone know what time we will have to leave the park on the One Disney Day stop? I have a reservation at Le Cellier and am concerned that we won't be able to keep it!
WDW 2008
WDW 2010 - Poly surprise engagement trip!
WDW 2011 - CBR
WDW 2012 - POP
beWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beWest View Post
Anyone know what time we will have to leave the park on the One Disney Day stop? I have a reservation at Le Cellier and am concerned that we won't be able to keep it!
I believe the last busses scheduled back to the ship depart at 10:30 pm.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
bunnyman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
I believe the last busses scheduled back to the ship depart at 10:30 pm.

Yes, it is 10:30ish. Did MK from NYC on Magic this past summer, and we were basically the last bus back to the ship as it lingered in the bus area at the MK for stragglers. When we were boarding, I overhead some crew commenting that after us they were down to “single digits” in people not yet back on board.
bunnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
beWest
Earning My Ears

Yay! Thank you!! tried to call DCL and even they couldn't give me a straight answer. I knew I could turn to the boards! Thank ya Thank ya! Cheddar Beer Soup here I come!!
WDW 2008
WDW 2010 - Poly surprise engagement trip!
WDW 2011 - CBR
WDW 2012 - POP
beWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #9
aan1701
DIS Veteran

You know I got to hand it to those Disney Marketing folks. I think the one day at the parks for "free" is such a great idea. See I have this thing about buying meals off the ship, it's something I just refuse to do because I have already paid for it on the ship so it's like buying the meal twice. This is designed to basically force you to spend more money at Disney instead of eating your already included meals. Great job Disney for getting more money out of us. BTW I am not coming down on anyone or their plans. We all do what we want to make us happy, it's more a post on how brilliant the Disney marketing machine can be.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.

Last edited by aan1701; 01-18-2013 at 07:30 PM.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #10
Melissa S
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post
You know I got to hand it to those Disney Marketing folks. I think the one day at the parks for "free" is such a great idea. See I have this thing about buying meals off the ship, it's something I just refuse to do because I have already paid for it on the ship so it's like buying the meal twice. This is designed to basically force you to spend more money at Disney instead of eating your already included meals. Great job Disney for getting more money out of us. BTW I am not coming down on anyone or their plans. We all do what we want to make us happy, it's more a post on how brilliant the Disney marketing machine can be.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Yes buying food that day was really annoying. Especially since dinner at Cinderella's castle cost over $200 for three adults and a baby! I wish they would have given us a meal plan for the park. We would have even paid for it if it was an option.

OP you mentioned it was your second cruise on DCL. Was your other cruise as long? We found that on the 8 night DD who was a month shy of 2 had so much interaction with characters on the ship that we really didn't need to see characters at the park. On the 8 night we found that characters were walking around so she was able to have conversations with them not just a photo op. In the park the lines were so long that she didn't have the patience, especially after all the one on one interaction on the ship. We spent most of the day at MK doing some rides and shows and then stopped at Epcot for the Nemo ride.

Magic October 27, 2013 (5 night Halloween on the High Seas)
Wonder March 2, 2013 (5 night)
Magic September 7, 2012 (5 night)
Magic June 2, 2012 (8 night)
Dream December 26, 2011 (3 night)
Melissa S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #11
Mikser
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa S View Post
Yes buying food that day was really annoying. Especially since dinner at Cinderella's castle cost over $200 for three adults and a baby! I wish they would have given us a meal plan for the park. We would have even paid for it if it was an option.

OP you mentioned it was your second cruise on DCL. Was your other cruise as long? We found that on the 8 night DD who was a month shy of 2 had so much interaction with characters on the ship that we really didn't need to see characters at the park. On the 8 night we found that characters were walking around so she was able to have conversations with them not just a photo op. In the park the lines were so long that she didn't have the patience, especially after all the one on one interaction on the ship. We spent most of the day at MK doing some rides and shows and then stopped at Epcot for the Nemo ride.
Our other Disney Cruise was 7 nights and I agree with all the characters on board we don't want to waste a lot of time with characters in the parks but my daughter's(6) favorite is Rapunzel and my son's(3) is Jake and they really want to see them both.
I am reserving the character breakfast at Hollywood studios at Hollywood and Vine as I read Jake is there and then we will look for Rapuzel at Magic Kingdom.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #12
slatterie
Earning My Ears

DD is 4.5 and niece is 5.5 and we will probably only do MK as I think it is geared more toward their age/speed. I think travelling between parks will take up too much time to enjoy. My mom is coming with us so she may bring the girls back to the ship late afternoon (cant see them lasting all day) and DH and I can travel to another park (probably Epcot).

However, DD loves the new Princess Sophia and niece is nuts about Doc McStuffins. Going to guess neither will be at the MK but over at Hollywood Studios if they are there at all.

Anyone know about merchandise for these two at any of the parks? The local Disney stores were lacking.
slatterie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: