Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #2056
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Hello RC family! I don't know why my days are so busy lately, I feel so lost without keeping up with all of you I'm going to try a quick post from memory of the few skims I have gotten in.

Jen - I hope you and the girls are feeling a bit better. Are you able to take them to Nana's service today?

Wookie - Did I read you were having nosebleeds? I hope everything is ok. Have you made any more decisions on your trip? i know you have gone back and forth a bit and I haven't been keeping up.

Ginny - it was you with the BLT /bult comment, right? I laughed because I keep thinking of the sandwich too We haven't been able to get a 1BR for any dates that work for us and it doesn't make sense to book a studio, so,we will happily keep our CR TPV room

Jeanette - It looks like you may have some changes coming up?????

Miss - I'll be sure to take lots of pictures from my TPV room in two weeks I hear you on the price of the CL rooms at CR, it's crazy but it was worth it for a one-time experience.

Kids are coming out got to run. Hope everyone is staying warm!!!! I'll try to get back on later, hopefully it won't be so busy this afternoon!

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #2057
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Janet- Fabulous thoughts about possible future discounts! That's music to RCers ears.

Pas-Lots of great options. Love your daughter's comments on resort choices. Too cute!

Iheart-It is so annoying when the multi-quote goes poof.
Congrats to your Kids, that's wonderful news! Best wishes at State!

Just watching the snow here, 3-5 more inches between now and late this eve.
I miss Crescent lake.
Thanks

Boo to more yucky weather! Maybe this will help...

Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #2058
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Just checking in for those who were thinking of us today. Thank you... Nana was laid to rest today, and all the family honoured her memory through pictures, stories, and tears. The DD's stayed for about an hour, and then my parents took them home for us. We are so lucky to have their support, they are always there whenever we need them. DH is emotionally exhausted, came home and slept for 3 hours.

That is all, DD8 still has many questions, as she put it "this was my first funeral mommy, of course I have questions!!" When I asked DD6 what she wanted to talk about, she said "Why oh why mommy....did I leave my juice box there???" DD4 was still asking "Ok, where was Nana, we didn't even see her!!" This is after we explained to her many times that Nana was now in heaven.

Well...that is all. Have a lovely evening all.

Jen
Old 01-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #2059
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
Just checking in for those who were thinking of us today. Thank you... Nana was laid to rest today, and all the family honoured her memory through pictures, stories, and tears. The DD's stayed for about an hour, and then my parents took them home for us. We are so lucky to have their support, they are always there whenever we need them. DH is emotionally exhausted, came home and slept for 3 hours.

That is all, DD8 still has many questions, as she put it "this was my first funeral mommy, of course I have questions!!" When I asked DD6 what she wanted to talk about, she said "Why oh why mommy....did I leave my juice box there???" DD4 was still asking "Ok, where was Nana, we didn't even see her!!" This is after we explained to her many times that Nana was now in heaven.

Jen
Jen - sending HUGE HUGS!!! I can't even imagine what questions the girls will have for you over the next few weeks. I'm glad your parents were there to help out. HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #2060
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Jen - sending HUGE HUGS!!! I can't even imagine what questions the girls will have for you over the next few weeks. I'm glad your parents were there to help out. HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!

Melissa

You are a sweetheart.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #2061
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

Jen
Awww....death has got to be very confusing for a child, so I'm sure there must be questions galore!! HUGS to you and your family!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #2062
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Awww....death has got to be very confusing for a child, so I'm sure there must be questions galore!! HUGS to you and your family!
I know...it's hard on adults, not to mention the little ones. I find it tricky sometimes to come up with the right words to answer those questions. We want to be honest, but not brutally so. Thanks for the hugs.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #2063
padawans
DIS Veteran

Jen I'm glad it was beautiful service for a very special lady.

Um speaking of questions. I told my kids we were getting our dog neutered next week. WOW did I open a can of worms. The questions that were flying out their little mouths. YIKES. I'm sure you get the picture. I was totally unprepared for that discussion

I won't bore with my Universal "where the heck is my refund story". I have done enough complaining for one week. I'm going to try to have a more positive attitude. It only took about 45 minutes, but we found the money. 45 minutes out of my day is nothing.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #2064
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Jen I'm glad it was beautiful service for a very special lady.

Um speaking of questions. I told my kids we were getting our dog neutered next week. WOW did I open a can of worms. The questions that were flying out their little mouths. YIKES. I'm sure you get the picture. I was totally unprepared for that discussion

I won't bore with my Universal "where the heck is my refund story". I have done enough complaining for one week. I'm going to try to have a more positive attitude. It only took about 45 minutes, but we found the money. 45 minutes out of my day is nothing.
Ha! No kidding, kids always have a way of putting you on the spot!
I am glad you got your money back from Universal, and 45 minutes is a bit of a wait I would say! Glad you are feeling a bit better about everything, and don't worry about complaining. We don't mind!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #2065
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Jenny - I'm glad things went smoothly today. I was thinking about you guys a lot today.

padawans- I am absolutely shocked at the questions I've been getting from DS8 this school year. Apparently there is a boy in his class that likes to think he knows a thing or two and likes to share.

In the past few months I've had way more then my fair share of talks about sex (gay and straight), drugs, racism, guns, you name it.

The good news is, I'm getting pretty good at openly talking about uncomfortable subjects. I just wish it didn't have to happen so soon. They are still just babies in my mind.

I'm glad you got Universal figured out.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #2066
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Ha! No kidding, kids always have a way of putting you on the spot!
I am glad you got your money back from Universal, and 45 minutes is a bit of a wait I would say! Glad you are feeling a bit better about everything, and don't worry about complaining. We don't mind!
I wasn't on hold. I was actually getting bounced around from one confused person to the next confused person. I felt like screaming "Show me the money".

The funny thing is I really want to go to Universal, and I might end up rebooking it. I just hope I don't have to cancel it again.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #2067
padawans
DIS Veteran

Anyway I think I'm over being angry. I have accepted the fact that I will not be able to change my May reservation. Talk about going cold turkey. I've already got the shakes. I need to enter a RC'r rehab center stat. I hope you guys can help me get through the next 3 months. Will I be cured or will I return to my old ways as soon as I book that BB in May? Anybody care to bet on it?
Old 01-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #2068
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Anyway I think I'm over being angry. I have accepted the fact that I will not be able to change my May reservation. Talk about going cold turkey. I've already got the shakes. I need to enter a RC'r rehab center stat. I hope you guys can help me get through the next 3 months. Will I be cured or will I return to my old ways as soon as I book that BB in May. Anybody care to bet on it?
I don't think there is a cure!!! We are here to hold your hand though!!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #2069
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Anyway I think I'm over being angry. I have accepted the fact that I will not be able to change my May reservation. Talk about going cold turkey. I've already got the shakes. I need to enter a RC'r rehab center stat. I hope you guys can help me get through the next 3 months. Will I be cured or will I return to my old ways as soon as I book that BB in May? Anybody care to bet on it?
I'm happy you are all better!!!

Welcome back!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #2070
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I'm happy you are all better!!!

Welcome back!!!
I'm going to live vicariously through you and Pas. I know...I know your done. Pas on the other hand is never done. I have high expectations for her.

Have you called to check on Poly Cl? What about that split? If you ever need a little encouragement to make a change just ask. I may not be a changer at the moment, but I am a great enabler.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: