Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #2491
tigger51276
DIS Veteran
 
tigger51276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,198

Does anyone know how long it takes for to be approved for the BIG GIVE site? I registered a week or two ago and haven't heard anything.
TIA
__________________
Off property in 6/88, 6/94, 7/94, 12/94 and 1/95
On property- Shades of Green 5/95 & 5/96 - ASM 9/98 and 9/99 (Bought DVC during stay) OKW 8/00, 5/01, 9/02, 5/04, 9/05, 5/06 - WLV 9/00
Pop 10/07 - SSR 1/08 - Disney Cruise 1/08 - AKV 10/09 - OKW 8/10 and AKV SV 9/10 - ASMu 5/11, AKV 8/11 and BWV 9/11, AKV Kidani 2/12, BLT Theme Park View 8/13 and AKV 8/13-9/13, BLT, AKV, SSR & BCV 6/14-7/14
Me (38) DD (10) DD (6)
tigger51276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:32 PM   #2492
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran
 
VBAndrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,500

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger51276 View Post
Does anyone know how long it takes for to be approved for the BIG GIVE site? I registered a week or two ago and haven't heard anything.
TIA
Usually people are approved within a couple of days; however there are no current gives active so the moderators probably haven't approved anyone for some time now. You could try pm'ing Teresa (she always has the first post on this thread). There is also a FB group that I think most of the mods have migrated to -- I can't say for sure though since I don't FB.
__________________
Andrea

DH DS 11 DD 9

VBAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-23-2013, 07:35 AM   #2493
dianemom2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 1,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger51276 View Post
Does anyone know how long it takes for to be approved for the BIG GIVE site? I registered a week or two ago and haven't heard anything.
TIA
Usually to get onto the board only takes a day or two. There are not any Gives right now though so maybe the moderators haven't been as vigilant about keeping up with stuff. We're hoping a Big Gives comes along soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
Usually people are approved within a couple of days; however there are no current gives active so the moderators probably haven't approved anyone for some time now. You could try pm'ing Teresa (she always has the first post on this thread). There is also a FB group that I think most of the mods have migrated to -- I can't say for sure though since I don't FB.
Both the board and the FB page are supposed to continue to operate so that people have choices on how to sign up. Hopefully it will work smoothly.
__________________
DivineDesignsbyDiane on Etsy.





dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #2494
SallyfromDE
DIS Veteran
 
SallyfromDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delaware
Posts: 2,047

Question:

Does anyone know where I can get the design, Princess Protection?
__________________
Sally Kirsta and Boo!! My Mother "Alice"
SallyfromDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #2495
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Hello, friends! Popping in to live vicariously through all your creations. I can't sew right now as I just had knee surgery, and it was my right leg. Maybe I should learn how to work that foot pedal with my left. You never know!

Anyway, I am on the mend. Just made a beautiful baby quilt for a fellow DIS friend, and finished curtains for our basement, pre-surgery. Not Disney related but still an accomplishment.

Happy to be back on the DIS and checking out all the beautiful things! Keep up the good work! I love seeing all the creativity.
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #2496
dianemom2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 1,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyfromDE View Post
Question:

Does anyone know where I can get the design, Princess Protection?
Heather Sue has a version and I think that Glitzy Stitches might too. I've made Heather Sue's and it is very cute. Here is a picture of it, on the left side:


Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Hello, friends! Popping in to live vicariously through all your creations. I can't sew right now as I just had knee surgery, and it was my right leg. Maybe I should learn how to work that foot pedal with my left. You never know!

Anyway, I am on the mend. Just made a beautiful baby quilt for a fellow DIS friend, and finished curtains for our basement, pre-surgery. Not Disney related but still an accomplishment.
Glad that you are healing up from your surgery. We want to see pictures, Disney or not! My sewing machine has a hand control button to start and stop the sewing. It works when you disconnect the foot pedal.

So I went back to the Salvation Army last week. I couldn't get there on Wednesday, which is 1/2 price day. But when I went on Friday, they were having a special 1/2 price day. I picked up 10 t-shirts, that cost $10 and that I turned into 10 pairs of shorts. I was especially happy to find an Orioles t-shirt and a Maryland Terrapins t-shirt. Our favorite MD teams! Too bad I didn't find a Ravens t-shirt too and although, while we like the Ravens, we are really Redskins fans. (On a side note, I was able to pick up Ravens t-shirts for my girls at Pink on their 75% off sale last week. HOORAY!!!) Anyhow, here are pictures of the 10 additional pairs of Jaden t-shorts:





I was smarter this time and I bought men's t-shirts. I had to add in a little extra fabric to make a few of them but most of the fabric came right from the t-shirts I bought.

Also, I finished up another top with a pair of upcycled jeans. This will be a spring time outfit for my niece. I made the jeans into capris.


I have 9 pairs of easy fit shorts and 1 more upcycled jeans outfit cut out to work on next and then it is on to a few other new patterns that I have printed out and taped together.
__________________
DivineDesignsbyDiane on Etsy.





dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #2497
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

dianemom2, thank you! I do not think my machine has a hand option. I will have to look at it more closely but I am pretty sure it does not.

How do you make the t-shirts into shorts? Those are pretty awesome! Did you follow a tutorial or come up with the idea on your own?
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #2498
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran
 
PurpleEars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 897

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
Usually people are approved within a couple of days; however there are no current gives active so the moderators probably haven't approved anyone for some time now. You could try pm'ing Teresa (she always has the first post on this thread). There is also a FB group that I think most of the mods have migrated to -- I can't say for sure though since I don't FB.
Andrea - I am starting to wonder if you and I are the only ones who don't do FB. I hope there will be a Give soon so I have an excuse to sew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Hello, friends! Popping in to live vicariously through all your creations. I can't sew right now as I just had knee surgery, and it was my right leg. Maybe I should learn how to work that foot pedal with my left. You never know!

Anyway, I am on the mend. Just made a beautiful baby quilt for a fellow DIS friend, and finished curtains for our basement, pre-surgery. Not Disney related but still an accomplishment.

Happy to be back on the DIS and checking out all the beautiful things! Keep up the good work! I love seeing all the creativity.
I am glad that you are healing after a knee surgery. I actually control the foot pedal with my left foot. I started doing that after I broke a few bones in my right foot. My foot is completely healed at this point but I just got used to sewing with my left foot. I hope to see pictures of your creations (even though they are not Disney related!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
So I went back to the Salvation Army last week. I couldn't get there on Wednesday, which is 1/2 price day. But when I went on Friday, they were having a special 1/2 price day. I picked up 10 t-shirts, that cost $10 and that I turned into 10 pairs of shorts. I was especially happy to find an Orioles t-shirt and a Maryland Terrapins t-shirt. Our favorite MD teams! Too bad I didn't find a Ravens t-shirt too and although, while we like the Ravens, we are really Redskins fans. (On a side note, I was able to pick up Ravens t-shirts for my girls at Pink on their 75% off sale last week. HOORAY!!!) Anyhow, here are pictures of the 10 additional pairs of Jaden t-shorts:





I was smarter this time and I bought men's t-shirts. I had to add in a little extra fabric to make a few of them but most of the fabric came right from the t-shirts I bought.

Also, I finished up another top with a pair of upcycled jeans. This will be a spring time outfit for my niece. I made the jeans into capris.


I have 9 pairs of easy fit shorts and 1 more upcycled jeans outfit cut out to work on next and then it is on to a few other new patterns that I have printed out and taped together.
What a fantastic deal on the T-shirts! I think the shorts look great. The spring time outfit for your niece look very nice too. I hope she will like it!
__________________
DH Me



Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #2499
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 263

Ok, where is everyone? There has been so much cute stuff. I still need to go back and quote. Just wondering why it has been so quiet. Is everyone taking a sewing break? This thread usually moves at the speed of light. Well I will be back soon to quote and then post a pic of a dress I made my niece for Christmas.
BabyRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #2500
dianemom2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 1,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
How do you make the t-shirts into shorts? Those are pretty awesome! Did you follow a tutorial or come up with the idea on your own?
I bought a pattern from Lillygiggle to make the shorts. You could probably make them with just about any shorts pattern though. I liked the waistband on these though so I purchased the pattern. It is a great way to use up t-shirts. One of the pairs of shorts that I made was from a t-shirt of my husbands that got a hole in the back when he snagged it on something. The rest of the shirts was just fine so I was happy to have a way to use the material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyRapunzel View Post
Ok, where is everyone? There has been so much cute stuff. I still need to go back and quote. Just wondering why it has been so quiet. Is everyone taking a sewing break? This thread usually moves at the speed of light. Well I will be back soon to quote and then post a pic of a dress I made my niece for Christmas.
I'm not sure why it has been so quiet on here recently. I miss seeing all my Disboutiquer friends when they don't stop by.
__________________
DivineDesignsbyDiane on Etsy.





dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #2501
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleEars View Post


I am glad that you are healing after a knee surgery. I actually control the foot pedal with my left foot. I started doing that after I broke a few bones in my right foot. My foot is completely healed at this point but I just got used to sewing with my left foot. I hope to see pictures of your creations (even though they are not Disney related!)
Thank you!

You are all tempting me to try sewing with my left foot. I need to get my right knee in better shape first though.

I'll try to get pictures up soon.




Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
I bought a pattern from Lillygiggle to make the shorts. You could probably make them with just about any shorts pattern though. I liked the waistband on these though so I purchased the pattern. It is a great way to use up t-shirts. One of the pairs of shorts that I made was from a t-shirt of my husbands that got a hole in the back when he snagged it on something. The rest of the shirts was just fine so I was happy to have a way to use the material.
Excellent! I just am thinking to myself, I buy shorts like this! I have made a fair share of things with my sewing machine, but every now and then, I have a d'oh! moment like this when I think, I could make those!!!

And to think of all the old tees of my husbands we gave away recently.

I'll have to peruse and see if we've got an old shirt I can try this on.
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #2502
SallyfromDE
DIS Veteran
 
SallyfromDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delaware
Posts: 2,047

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
Heather Sue has a version and I think that Glitzy Stitches might too. I've made Heather Sue's and it is very cute. Here is a picture of it, on the left side:
Thank you, I found it. I couldn't get in heathersues site yesterday. I think it was your shirt that I had in mind.
__________________
Sally Kirsta and Boo!! My Mother "Alice"
SallyfromDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #2503
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran
 
VBAndrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,500

I think it's been so quiet since most people have migrated from here to FB. And yes Flora, I think you and I may be the only ones who don't FB! I think Diane is the only one who FB's and still sticks around here regularly. I miss seeing all the others great stuff and keeping up with them, but I can certainly understand not wanting to post in both places. I guess FB is easier for most

I've been quiet b/c I haven't been sewing. I started jeans for dd, but didn't get them done yet since ds was sick and home from school. His being sick was not the problem, rather we have a sibling policy at our school where if one child has a fever the sibling must stay home (very good policy IMO b/c often you can be a carrier without symptoms for 24 hours). So dd thinks I'm her best friend now and we have played lots of Wii Go Vacation for the past couple of days which cuts into my free time.

Kids are back to school today but I'm catching up on what I got behind on. DD's jeans won't get finished until the weekend
__________________
Andrea

DH DS 11 DD 9

VBAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #2504
Disneymom1218
Mouseketeer
 
Disneymom1218's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern shore of Md/ Southern Florida
Posts: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
I think it's been so quiet since most people have migrated from here to FB. And yes Flora, I think you and I may be the only ones who don't FB! I think Diane is the only one who FB's and still sticks around here regularly. I miss seeing all the others great stuff and keeping up with them, but I can certainly understand not wanting to post in both places. I guess FB is easier for most

I've been quiet b/c I haven't been sewing. I started jeans for dd, but didn't get them done yet since ds was sick and home from school. His being sick was not the problem, rather we have a sibling policy at our school where if one child has a fever the sibling must stay home (very good policy IMO b/c often you can be a carrier without symptoms for 24 hours). So dd thinks I'm her best friend now and we have played lots of Wii Go Vacation for the past couple of days which cuts into my free time.

Kids are back to school today but I'm catching up on what I got behind on. DD's jeans won't get finished until the weekend
I am still here reading daily, but not much time to post as I have been having Gallbladder issues and dealing with my girls and doc appointments for them and myself and PTA and cheer has started back up. I have not sewn anything in a while other than some casserole carriers for Christmas gifts. I will be starting some things soon as we have a surprise trip planned for May.
__________________
Me DBF DS18 DD11 DD9
Disneymom1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #2505
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty
 
pyrxtc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 8,500

What is the Facebook page ? I read here daily but it has slowed down so much and I feel weird with multiple posts all being on one page. Where did everyone go ??
__________________
AKV Jan 5-10, 2011 --- Father/Son trip June 2-5, 2011 AKV's --- DL Aug 31-Sep 5,2011 --- December 24, 2011 - January 2, 2012 . http://confesseddisneyaddict.blogspot.com/
pyrxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: