Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

2 Nights Contemporary MK view + 5 nights boardwalk inn?

Thinking about doing a split stay - 2 nights MK theme park view at the contemporary and 5 nights at the boardwalk.

The thing is- it's going to cost an extra $650 to do the contemporary vs staying at the swan for two nights on starwood points (our original plan).

Is the MK view at contemporary awesome and totally worth the splurge?

Discuss!
blackacex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

Wow, you're really having a hard time narrowing it down to 10 resorts or so! I don't think 2 nights at the CR is worth $650. I would choose one of your other plans.

Last edited by eeyoresmom; 01-23-2013 at 06:31 PM.
eeyoresmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

Love BWI contemporary not so much. I would rather do cl than contemporary.
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

No love for the contemporary I guess. And yeah- I am having a hard time narrowing it down, but for me it's a lot of fun to explore all the different options.

I figured the ultimate Disney resort experience must be the contemporary magic kingdom view, but maybe I'm wrong. All I know is the Grand Floridian, especially with the construction going on, is getting absolutely no love. I am slightly interested in the Poly- but their magic kingdom view is almost $100 more than the contemporary for two nights!!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #5
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

In my opinion totally worth it.

Not only do you get a front row seat for fireworks, you go to sleep and wake up looking at the castle.

You can walk to the MK also.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #6
lborne
It all started with a rabbit

The MK castle view from the Poly is not worth it to me. It is too far away and looks very small. I would prefer a view from high up at the CR. I like the Poly for the tropical atmosphere.
lborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:20 AM   #7
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

Oh, we love CR. In fact we have 5 night stay booked at BLT next month. I just think 2 nights there is not enough to get the full resort experience unless you don't do park time. If you can do 2 free nights at Swan/Dolphin, I would definitely do that, then pick one resort for the rest of your stay. BW is great for 2 adults. How many trips have you done to WDW? For most people, the first few trips are so park centric ( there is soooo much to do), that the resort experience is secondary. For our family, resort time is just as important ,if not more so, than the parks. However, I would say for the first 3-4 trips it didn't matter so much where we stayed.
eeyoresmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
andrencau
Mouseketeer

CR is awesome! We love MK view. Splurge it is totally worth it. We love love love the location. Love the room. Love the access to the monorail. Love being able to go to Mk for an hour or 2 after a nap. It is awesome!
andrencau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #9
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We've never stayed at the CR as the theme/decor has never done anything for me, but I think a CR TPV is worth a try at least once. With that said, we are trying a TPV for 2 nights in December after a cruise. It's expensive for just 2 nights, but I figure it gives us a chance to try the resort to see if we like it instead of booking 7 or 8 nights there and hating it. If it's doable and doesn't break the bank, I say stick with it for 2 nights.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #10
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

If you're going to spend a lot of time in the MK then the Contemporary is probably worth it. The view from the MK rooms is really nice.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #11
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

IMO I think the MK view IS worth it. Both locations are also great and you get the best of both worlds with both resorts.

If saving money is very important I would go with Dolphin/Swan - and its still in that great EPCOT resort area!!

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354
FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #12
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

I think I'm going to do it! Of course my iPhone screen has to shatter today costing me $229 plus tax...
Old 01-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #13
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

This is the view from our 2bdrm BLT balcony. This is NOT zoomed in at all.

sorry I don't have a daytime view.

When I make decisions regarding if something is "worth" it. I find it helpful to put it into %. For instance if we spend apprx. $6000. on a WDW vacation, then personally I would find the apprx. 10% extra worth it. The reasoning is different for everyone. I love sitting on the balcony at the end of a day. In addition the capability of walking to MK or taking the monorail. We also love early ressies at Chef Mickeys.

We had a 3 resort stay last trip that included BLT and BWV's. I love both of them. I've never stayed Swan/Dolphin though, so perhaps others that have stayed both will be able to compare if the money is worth it or not.

Either way... have a great vacation.
Sorry to hear about your phone breaking.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: