Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #76
okstategrads
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneaterry

We're planning on driving down Friday evening.
We're driving down Friday night
okstategrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #77
Melamill
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow white 5 View Post
That's to funny what a small world. Right now we are staying at the Houston Airport Marriott from what I understand it's on the same property as the airport. Are you renting a car? I'm not sure yet about transportation we were thinking of taking a taxi or hiring a car service. We could do Disney transfers. We don't get into houston until 11pm Are you guys flying into IAH?
We just made a reservation for a rental car. It just seems like it will be easier to pick up the rental at the airport, drive it to Galveston to our hotel the night before the cruise and then park it at our hotel all week. Then when we disembark and we stay the final night at the hotel we will have transportation to get around the town. With our own car we won't have to wait and we can do everything on our schedule. It cost us $230 to rent the car from Friday night until the following Saturday. It was going to cost us more in transfers ($60 x 4) than renting a car. We will have to incur a taxi expense to and from the port but it is only 1.6 miles from the hotel so it should not cost much. I just will feel better knowing we don't have to worry about how to get to the hotel Friday night. We have not booked our flight yet. That should happen in the next day or two. We were leaning towards a Delta flight that leaves ATL on Friday around 7ish and flies into IAH but now my husband is looking at a flight the lands at Hobby. Not sure what we will end up with.
Melamill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #78
ronniegintx
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melamill

We just made a reservation for a rental car. It just seems like it will be easier to pick up the rental at the airport, drive it to Galveston to our hotel the night before the cruise and then park it at our hotel all week. Then when we disembark and we stay the final night at the hotel we will have transportation to get around the town. With our own car we won't have to wait and we can do everything on our schedule. It cost us $230 to rent the car from Friday night until the following Saturday. It was going to cost us more in transfers ($60 x 4) than renting a car. We will have to incur a taxi expense to and from the port but it is only 1.6 miles from the hotel so it should not cost much. I just will feel better knowing we don't have to worry about how to get to the hotel Friday night. We have not booked our flight yet. That should happen in the next day or two. We were leaning towards a Delta flight that leaves ATL on Friday around 7ish and flies into IAH but now my husband is looking at a flight the lands at Hobby. Not sure what we will end up with.
If you can fly into HOU (Hobby) you are more than 1/2 way there. It is also a smaller airport easier in and out.

Me: Ronnie Husband, Donald DD Kari 15 DD Genna 8
ronniegintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:08 PM   #79
Melamill
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniegintx View Post
If you can fly into HOU (Hobby) you are more than 1/2 way there. It is also a smaller airport easier in and out.
Thanks. We will go with Hobby then. Appreciate the tip!
Melamill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #80
mawhite424
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayson143 View Post

We'll also are gluten free, so I am excited to read other posts about how well they are able to cater to our dietary restrictions
my grandson is gluten free and they brought him an entire basket of gluten-free rolls every night without us having to ask! Lot's of choices, just ask, and know that you can order from the adult menu for the kids. Grass-fed steak was a standard menu item that I ordered several nights for me and the kids! It was yummy!

You will love Disney!

mawhite424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:54 AM   #81
Sam Carre
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone, we will also be on the cruise on April 6th. My name is Sam and I will be cruising with my husband Martin and son Luke who is 3.5 years old. We are british expats living in Dubai, UAE.

This is our first ever cruise. Very very excited. Will any of you be getting the Disney ground transfers from IAH on the 6th?

Any tips you could share?

See you all soon & take care.
Sam Carre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #82
Mageemommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Carre View Post
Hi everyone, we will also be on the cruise on April 6th. My name is Sam and I will be cruising with my husband Martin and son Luke who is 3.5 years old. We are british expats living in Dubai, UAE.

This is our first ever cruise. Very very excited. Will any of you be getting the Disney ground transfers from IAH on the 6th?

Any tips you could share?

See you all soon & take care.
Welcome! We are all getting excited here as well!
Mageemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #83
Mageemommy
Mouseketeer

Fe

Good morning!
I have put together a list of those of you who have said you want to be a part of the FE. There are lots mentions of the FE on this thread, but I put the families that have given me the go ahead. If you would like to be added to the list, send me a message... I would love to have you join us.

Ryleigh'smom2004
Husband
Ryleigh-8
Cohen-1
Grandma

Mawhite424 -Mary
Samantha-11
Jonas-8
Stella-3, almost 4

Okstategrads -Kim
Husband- Chris
Kathryn-8
Carson-7

Klayresmom- Cristin
Husband-Bryon
Klayre-10

Mageemommy- Mikka
Jude-7
Cabin-6052

Ronniegintx and reneaterry I believe the last thing I saw was you guys would be interested if you have some more information, so I didn't add you yet. let me know.

I know that a lot of you do not have cabin numbers yet, or those could possible change. But let me know, I am going to try and make a map for everyone and pass out, so finding rooms will be as easy as possible

If there is any other info you would me to add to the list or if I have anything wrong. Let me know

Mikka
Old 01-23-2013, 09:26 AM   #84
ryleigh'smom2004
Earning My Ears

sorry my name is Elizabeth, I go by Liz, my husband is Mike, and my mom is Lauren. I know our room number, 2083, but idk my mom's room number. But she can just be added to our FE :-)
summer 2007: All Star Sports
Oct. 2008: Port Orleans
June 2009: Saratoga Springs DVC Members
June 2010:Off property and Boardwalk
Dec 2010: Animal Kingdom Lodge (just me and the hubby)
June 2012: Old Key West
April 2013: Our first family cruise on the Magic
November 2013: Adult only cruise on the Wonder
ryleigh'smom2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #85
Mageemommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleigh'smom2004 View Post
sorry my name is Elizabeth, I go by Liz, my husband is Mike, and my mom is Lauren. I know our room number, 2083, but idk my mom's room number. But she can just be added to our FE :-)
Great! Thanks so much! I am excited!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #86
ronniegintx
Earning My Ears

Hi Mikka

I am Ronnie and my husband is Donald and we have two daughters. Kari is 15 and Genna is 8. We do not have our cabin assignment as of yet because we booked with GTY. As soon as we receive that assignment I will update my post. Thanks so much for adding us to FE I am so excited to start making mine and picking up all the little trinkets Between now and our sailing date.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #87
ronniegintx
Earning My Ears

Hi Sam, welcome to our group. I live in Houston so any help that you need with local information please don't hesitate to ask.

Ronnie
Old 01-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #88
mawhite424
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageemommy View Post
If there is any other info you would me to add to the list or if I have anything wrong. Let me know

Mikka
hi Mikka! I know I told you Samantha, but she goes by Sam. I think I'm the only one who calls her Samantha . I'll let you know when we get our new room #.

Thanks for doing this!

Welcome to all the new cruisers!

mawhite424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #89
ronniegintx
Earning My Ears

Question Pirate Night?

Does anyone know if there will be a Pirate Night as part of our cruise?

Old 01-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #90
ryleigh'smom2004
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniegintx View Post
Does anyone know if there will be a Pirate Night as part of our cruise?
There will be. idk off the top of my head which night but I do know that there will be one :-)
summer 2007: All Star Sports
Oct. 2008: Port Orleans
June 2009: Saratoga Springs DVC Members
June 2010:Off property and Boardwalk
Dec 2010: Animal Kingdom Lodge (just me and the hubby)
June 2012: Old Key West
April 2013: Our first family cruise on the Magic
November 2013: Adult only cruise on the Wonder
ryleigh'smom2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: