Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #226
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I agree with your assessment of Soarin... they really could use a refurb there. The spots on the film and screen really do take away from the effect.

Great pictures from Living with the Land. I love seeing all the new technology and innovations they have in place there. Always fascinating to see all the different types of plants and the ways they grow them.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #227
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I'm going to have to remember those streamers at Epcot opening for next month! Mom and I didn't make it to rope drop so we missed those. Don't want to look like a silly newbie by jumping!

Soarin', but Mom and I both noticed the spots on the screen. Mom asked me about them because she thought there was something wrong with her eyes. I won't be surprised if it closes for renovation soon now that Test Track is back up (just not till after I'm there in March!).

Yum for breakfast at Sunshine Seasons! I usually start my Epcot day off the exact way you did. Soarin then breakfast.

Would you believe that Living with the Land had a wait of 40 minutes the day before you were there? The line stretched back all the way to the entrance to Soarin! Not sure what was going on, Mom and I were headed to Soarin to use our fastpasses around 11 am when we saw that. After we got done on Soarin, the line was down to 20 minutes and I think we only waited 15.

I always feel like I need to take a million pictures on Living with the Land. I think I have most of the same pictures you took. I really liked that they decorated some of the plants for Christmas.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #228
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I agree with your assessment of Soarin... they really could use a refurb there. The spots on the film and screen really do take away from the effect.

Great pictures from Living with the Land. I love seeing all the new technology and innovations they have in place there. Always fascinating to see all the different types of plants and the ways they grow them.
It's sad, because the video footage is gorgeous, but some of the spots on the film really are very noticable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I'm going to have to remember those streamers at Epcot opening for next month! Mom and I didn't make it to rope drop so we missed those. Don't want to look like a silly newbie by jumping!

Soarin', but Mom and I both noticed the spots on the screen. Mom asked me about them because she thought there was something wrong with her eyes. I won't be surprised if it closes for renovation soon now that Test Track is back up (just not till after I'm there in March!).

Yum for breakfast at Sunshine Seasons! I usually start my Epcot day off the exact way you did. Soarin then breakfast.

Would you believe that Living with the Land had a wait of 40 minutes the day before you were there? The line stretched back all the way to the entrance to Soarin! Not sure what was going on, Mom and I were headed to Soarin to use our fastpasses around 11 am when we saw that. After we got done on Soarin, the line was down to 20 minutes and I think we only waited 15.

I always feel like I need to take a million pictures on Living with the Land. I think I have most of the same pictures you took. I really liked that they decorated some of the plants for Christmas.
The streamers come out right as the announcement ends, not too loud but surprising.

I have done Soarin' then Sunshine Seasons first thing the last 4 visits on my first Epcot day. I really love the Breakfast Platter.

I have seen long waits later in the day at Living With the Land, which I am sure is due to Soarin'. And I'm so happy that they did some decorations in the greenhouse. I thought they hadn't since they weren't until the very end.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 01-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #229
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I had read about some people complaining of the quality of the Soarin movie and screen and thought they were just looking for negativity, but after watching it myself a few weeks ago I have to say I agree. It needs a little sprinkling of pixie dust.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #230
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I had read about some people complaining of the quality of the Soarin movie and screen and thought they were just looking for negativity, but after watching it myself a few weeks ago I have to say I agree. It needs a little sprinkling of pixie dust.
It does need a refurb. I still enjoyed it and would ride it again without the refurb, but it does need it before it gets worse!

Old 01-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #231
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
It does need a refurb. I still enjoyed it and would ride it again without the refurb, but it does need it before it gets worse!
Remember that second email I sent photopass with my PP+ ID and more specific request? Well I got the SAME generic answer.
Quote:
We provide select borders and/or signatures online which are based upon park location and subject matter for each image. We do update our site throughout the year, and this may include new border artwork or different options. Not every location will generate borders.
The only difference was that after that he said I could contact them by phone if I wanted to talk to a member of their team. What the heck is wrong with dealing with this over email? I had something else not so great happen just before I read their email, so let's say I was not in the best of mood. So I sent back another email asking for someone specific (instead of a new person contacting me each time) email me with their own email address and answer my questions instead of giving me some generic BS. Think they'll answer me this time?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #232
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Remember that second email I sent photopass with my PP+ ID and more specific request? Well I got the SAME generic answer.

The only difference was that after that he said I could contact them by phone if I wanted to talk to a member of their team. What the heck is wrong with dealing with this over email? I had something else not so great happen just before I read their email, so let's say I was not in the best of mood. So I sent back another email asking for someone specific (instead of a new person contacting me each time) email me with their own email address and answer my questions instead of giving me some generic BS. Think they'll answer me this time?
Jeez, I really hope you get a good response this time!!! Third times the charm, right?

Old 01-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #233
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Stephanie. I agree...Soarin' needs a refurb...maybe now that Test Track is up maybe they'll fix it (I notice a new spot each year we go).
Great pictures in The Land. I love that they decorated throughout for the holidays.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #234
PhoenixStrength

SWEETIE UPDATE:

I took her in yesterday evening to do the blood test for a re-check of her levels. The vet called me this afternoon and it's not good news. Her calcium levels are the same, so still high, and her kidney levels went from normal in the first test to not good in this test. So I am taking her to the vet on Saturday morning for XRays to check for tumors and to meet with the vet. So now it seems it is either cancer, which is what my vet thought all along, or kidney failure, which didn't seem like a possibility at first since her first kidney level was fine. Either could call the elevated calcium.

I'm very sad as I don't want either option to be true. Thankfully she is still acting completely normal and happy, so that is good. I will let you all know what they find after her appointment on Saturday. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #235
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Stephanie. I agree...Soarin' needs a refurb...maybe now that Test Track is up maybe they'll fix it (I notice a new spot each year we go).
Great pictures in The Land. I love that they decorated throughout for the holidays.
I hope Soarin' gets a refurb soon, though not while anyone I know is going!

I was very happy to see the decorations in the greenhouse, and didn't expect them at all.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #236
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
SWEETIE UPDATE:

I took her in yesterday evening to do the blood test for a re-check of her levels. The vet called me this afternoon and it's not good news. Her calcium levels are the same, so still high, and her kidney levels went from normal in the first test to not good in this test. So I am taking her to the vet on Saturday morning for XRays to check for tumors and to meet with the vet. So now it seems it is either cancer, which is what my vet thought all along, or kidney failure, which didn't seem like a possibility at first since her first kidney level was fine. Either could call the elevated calcium.

I'm very sad as I don't want either option to be true. Thankfully she is still acting completely normal and happy, so that is good. I will let you all know what they find after her appointment on Saturday. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Ahh Stephanie, I know that this was certainly not the news that you wanted to hear. Please post Saturday and let us know what you find out.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #237
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
SWEETIE UPDATE:

I hope things go better on Saturday.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #238
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Ahh Stephanie, I know that this was certainly not the news that you wanted to hear. Please post Saturday and let us know what you find out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I hope things go better on Saturday.
Thanks to both of you. I will definitely let everyone know what I find out on Saturday. I'm still hoping it's something completely different and treatable that we don't know yet.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #239
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm sad to hear that it's not looking good for Sweetie.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #240
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Poor Sweetie. I hope is whatever it is it can be dealt with. And poor Steph.... You should get a good streak soon! You deserve and need it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: