Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #181
Jackolive
Earning My Ears

Ohhh my God....Are they going to be able to keep the parks open after this heinous incident????

1976 Golf Resort (DW)
1980 Offsite
2008 Allstar Movies
2009 CBR Pirate Rooms
2010 Pop
2011 POFQ
2012 August (it's a surprise)-POFQ
Old 01-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #182
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldlovesdaisy View Post
Yes me either and if my kid would have cried and thrown a fit over something small even at 2 he/she would had a few minutes on a bench to regroup themselves or back to the room for an obvious rest but I guess I suck as a parent!
Gee.I uess I am in the same boat as a poor parent. Just think I missed to opportunity to raise my kids to demend what they want, when they want it and if they don't get it, have a temper tantum!

So terrible, changing the arrangement of the picture or book signing,( of course I can remember the picture first back in the day) Criminal! the CM should have been fired!, banned for life!

AKK

This is such an mountian out of a mole hill!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #183
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

Those poor kids better learn about being flexible. And quickly. Life does not ever go as planned or instructed.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #184
donaldlovesdaisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
Gee.I uess I am in the same boat as a poor parent. Just think I missed to opportunity to raise my kids to demend what they want, when they want it and if they don't get it, have a temper tantum!

So terrible, changing the arrangement of the picture or book signing,( of course I can remember the picture first back in the day) Criminal! the CM should have been fired!, banned for life!

AKK

This is such an mountian out of a mole hill!
Where is social services when you need them because I won’t even let them do autographs anymore!! We have been several times and the signatures are still the same plus once we get home they do God knows what with the books. So we definitely do the pictures each and every trip but there is no way I am keeping up with autograph books and they really don’t want to either.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #185
AddictedtoDoleWhip
Mouseketeer

I am shocked this thread is still open, lol. But this thread is very very amusing.

I think that there was a bit of an overreaction on the OPs part, we all have those days. But learning to be more flexible is key!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #186
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12 View Post
This is the best post in this whole thread kudos
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
Old 01-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #187
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

This forum has such a pack mentality. Everybody gang up on one person and rip them to shreds until authorities intervene. Not nice.

I can see both sides of this story. I think the parents did the wrong thing by taking the children away with nothing. It seems a bit immature, but Disney can be a stressful place with little ones. Parents may not be on top of their game by the third (at least) day at Disney.

I also think Mickey's handler (Mickey probably had no clue what was going on) should have been more prepared to deal with a 2-year-old. He could have told Mickey the toddler was getting upset and he should sign first.

Lastly, Mickey's training should have included some age appropriate guidelines. Playing games and tricks on older children is cute. However, that kind of thing is lost on a two year old.

This whole thing just went terribly wrong and I don't think any of the people involved will have repeat incidents. I'm sure Mickey, the handler, and the parents all had the best of intentions and took a lesson from this.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #188
Suellen
DIS Veteran

OP I think you are getting so much negativity on this post based on the severity of the title.

Had it been titled more appropriately you may have gotten more sympathy. Honestly when I saw it at first I thought there was going to be some "Mickey touched my child inappropriately" type of thing when I opened it. So to see that it was a matter of the order things happened.... seriously LOL! It literally made me laugh out loud.

One of my Girl Scout parents is a handler over at Camp Minnie Mickey... I can't wait to see him and tell him about this post....

I understand a bit where you are coming from as I have a child with OCD... but seriously did you not think to step in and explain to the child that pictures first then autograph is how Mickey is doing things today or at this location or whatever?

Also to those that think Mickey was hiding the book behind his back in like a playful teasing manner I *think* from the sounds of the OP that he was trying to take it out of sight to redirect the child to the picture portion... really something the parent should have done IMHO.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #189
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackolive
Ohhh my God....Are they going to be able to keep the parks open after this heinous incident????
I laughed far too hard at this!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #190
redkel
Earning My Ears

This thread is the very reason I've been on Disboards almost 4 years and my post count is what it is.

It's the best place on the net to experience backseat driving, armchair quarterbacking, co-parenting and more drama than the Oscars. Who needs reality tv?

I love the exchange of information and the great wealth of experience and knowledge that the majority of my fellow dis-ers contribute to most discussion threads.

I've read vents, opinion polls, detailed attraction and resort critiques, and posts from the numerous savvy Fortune 100 business experts who could run Disney corporate better than the current board & management.

Having been a part of this amazing internet for 16+ years now, my rule of thumb for public message boards is A) Am I ON TOPIC and not on the poster? B) Do I make sense? and C) Am I contributing to the discussion?

I sure wish more folks used those same filters.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #191
nchulka
it was funny when the creepy guys would follow close to them and then pull their chainsaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by redkel View Post
This thread is the very reason I've been on Disboards almost 4 years and my post count is what it is.

It's the best place on the net to experience backseat driving, armchair quarterbacking, co-parenting and more drama than the Oscars. Who needs reality tv?

I love the exchange of information and the great wealth of experience and knowledge that the majority of my fellow dis-ers contribute to most discussion threads.

I've read vents, opinion polls, detailed attraction and resort critiques, and posts from the numerous savvy Fortune 100 business experts who could run Disney corporate better than the current board & management.

Having been a part of this amazing internet for 16+ years now, my rule of thumb for public message boards is A) Am I ON TOPIC and not on the poster? B) Do I make sense? and C) Am I contributing to the discussion?

I sure wish more folks used those same filters.
Not really, the topic was an incident with Mickey, you're talking about peoples behavior on boards

Sorry, couldn't resist
Old 01-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #192
redkel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchulka View Post
Not really, the topic was an incident with Mickey, you're talking about peoples behavior on boards

Sorry, couldn't resist
Yes! (and oops -- that's 2 OT posts from me).
Old 01-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #193
Kona65
Taking it slow and easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf4283 View Post
Can we lock this thread and bury it? This is turning into a peeing match now and I feel bad for the OP.

Just a suggestion, you could just stop reading it. TDBIASWS.

Spoiler alert: You guys know that Mickey is just a person in a costume, right?

You do know making a statement like this will get you band from the DisBoard for life? TDBIASWS.

Last edited by Kona65; 01-23-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #194
tlkgt76
"If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney

OK, I swear I'm not trying to beat up on the original poster, but I have to admit I noticed a couple things.

1.) Over-reaction at park when Mickey performed his friendly duties in a different order than the other Mickeys

2.) Over-reaction when other posters stated that they did not see the issue with the situation with Mickey (questioning the importance of the order in which Mickey meets and greets guests does not equal an accusation of bad parenting, although some of the posts AFTER the first ones were pretty hostile)

If I could play a sound clip right now, you'd hear "Don't Worry, Be Happy".
ASM - September 2009
Pop/AKL - December 2011
Disney Dream/Poly/CBR-Pirate - March/April 2013
Disneyland Hotel - September 2014
Old 01-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #195
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePrincess View Post
First World problems.

If I had the authority I would ban this phrase from ever being uttered again.

But have any of us considered the very real possibility that this was an imposter Mickey sent by "a competing theme park" to tear us all apart. We're letting them win!
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo! 10/2014 CBR
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: