Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #1621
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

I'm here and might as well go for it...
Old 01-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #1622
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
Yes, bitter cold here this week and snow in the forecast for Friday. Hope it doesn't impact our flight on Saturday. Unfortunately we will be stuck here in PA until we find jobs in Florida, so we will have to deal with the cold for the time being.
Hope you find jobs quickly!!! Now that you have a house and all, it's gotta be driving you crazy to stay in the cold.....

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #1623
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

The floor is repaired, the new half wall, bench and niche in the shower is built, the shower liner is in, the re-plumbing is done...they are moving right along, and things look good! I'm really pleased!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 01-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #1624
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
Hope you find jobs quickly!!! Now that you have a house and all, it's gotta be driving you crazy to stay in the cold.....
We close on Tuesday and it will be so hard to come back north knowing we have a place down there where it is warm. But great things are worth waiting for.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #1625
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
The floor is repaired, the new half wall, bench and niche in the shower is built, the shower liner is in, the re-plumbing is done...they are moving right along, and things look good! I'm really pleased!
Glad things are moving along well. Sounds like they got a lot done in the past 2 days.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #1626
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:
Here is some good advice I was given too late when selling our last house. About a year before you decide to put the house on the market, find a good home inspector and do an inspection of your own so you will know what may come up. You can pick and choose what you may want to fix prior to selling and what you will leave and hope won't be an issue. There were some things we fixed that we probably didn't need to because they weren't big things that would cause an issue.
Good to know, will "try" and keep that in my memory bank..

Quote:
Yes, bitter cold here this week and snow in the forecast for Friday. Hope it doesn't impact our flight on Saturday. Unfortunately we will be stuck here in PA until we find jobs in Florida, so we will have to deal with the cold for the time being.
We are getting snow here also between thursday nite and friday...they are talking tho only of 1.5 inches....hopefully that is all we will get..

Quote:
Wow, they really are moving along...we want pictures when they are done..
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 01-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #1627
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ugh, builders throwing up houses as quickly as possible!

The cold is HERE ..... we've already had our high this morning....dropping temps and high windchill. brrrrrr
...and I'm leaving 70 degrees to fly east tomorrow!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #1628
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

59 more sleeps till I visit WDW again. Can't wait to see Saratoga Springs, my sister, niece and nephew!

I'd see my BIL too, but he's going to be working on the Fantasy (he's not crew, he's shoreside, but I can't tell you what he's doing on the ship).

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:32 PM   #1629
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink
Wow... They have been busy little bees.... You will have to post before and after pictures once they are done.... I am excited for you....
Old 01-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #1630
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
Your a brave soul....bring long underware!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald_Quackers View Post
59 more sleeps till I visit WDW again. Can't wait to see Saratoga Springs, my sister, niece and nephew!

I'd see my BIL too, but he's going to be working on the Fantasy (he's not crew, he's shoreside, but I can't tell you what he's doing on the ship).
Ok, so you cant tell us....is it that you dont know? or you do know, but if you telll us you have to kill us??? Because if the Fantasy has some "highly classified positions" I think I may want to apply.....this way no one can find me....

So Frank, are you enjoying our fabulous weather?? Right now as I am typing its snowing here.....gotta love the midwest this time of year...

later
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 01-23-2013, 08:19 PM   #1631
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post

Your a brave soul....bring long underware!!!

Ok, so you cant tell us....is it that you dont know? or you do know, but if you telll us you have to kill us??? Because if the Fantasy has some "highly classified positions" I think I may want to apply.....this way no one can find me....

So Frank, are you enjoying our fabulous weather?? Right now as I am typing its snowing here.....gotta love the midwest this time of year...

later
I only know it has to do with technology, and that he's going on the Dream on Sunday. I don't know more than that.

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #1632
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We close on Tuesday and it will be so hard to come back north knowing we have a place down there where it is warm. But great things are worth waiting for.
So excited for you!!! We are still awaiting pictures!!! And descriptions!!! C'mon!!! we have to live vicariously through you!

Old 01-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #1633
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald_Quackers View Post

I would LOVE a job like that....my dream golden parachute job is with Disney Travel helping plan vacations!

Old 01-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #1634
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccann View Post
Wow... They have been busy little bees.... You will have to post before and after pictures once they are done.... I am excited for you....
They are moving right along! The durock is down and the shower floor has been poured, the tub back in place.....the shower floor tiles were in the room, so I figure they will be up soon.

I don't know how to post pictures here. I've never been able to make it work!

Old 01-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #1635
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
Hope you brought warm clothes.....

Now, I've set it up.....

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: