Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #91
KurlyStarr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrief View Post
I need a tutorial that calls for glue gun, super glue, or elmer's glue. She lost me at "sew"
Old 01-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #92
sherrief
Earning My Ears

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurlyStarr View Post
I need a tutorial that calls for glue gun, super glue, or elmer's glue. She lost me at "sew"
This will only be the second time I've used my seeing machine, so I'm not hoping for much. I bought scarp remnants at wal-mart and spent about 10 bucks not including the dowel rod. I'm not the least bit crafty, so We shall see
sherrief is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #93
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Fe

I have one for my room ( which I bought on Etsy) but I am going to try and make one for my daughters stateroom. I think I am looking for an easy one where I can avoid sewing. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #94
TexasCamps
Keep Calm & Cruise On

Do you have an Ikea where you live? If so, search the DISboards for "Ikea FE" for info on an inexpensive, ready-made no-sew FE. You just have to add decorations to it . (I would post the link here, but I can't figure out how to from my Kindle - Sorry )

Need a fish extender for your Disney Cruise? Check out my Etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BullfrogsButterflies

TexasCamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #95
KurlyStarr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCamps View Post
Do you have an Ikea where you live? If so, search the DISboards for "Ikea FE" for info on an inexpensive, ready-made no-sew FE. You just have to add decorations to it . (I would post the link here, but I can't figure out how to from my Kindle - Sorry )
The irony. I just ran across that post (or a similar one with the same organizer) today. I just may swing past Ikea tomorrow and see if I can find it.

Thanks!
Old 01-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #96
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Ikea

Wow thanks for the tip. I will head over to Ikea tomorrow. I would rather not attempt a project like that. Sherry
Old 01-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #97
TexasCamps
Keep Calm & Cruise On

m&m's mom - I saw your post about you having an interesting fact that helped your kids be able to miss school for this cruise. I would PM about it, but I don't have enough posts yet . Would you mind e-mailing me at amy @ bullfrogsandbutterfliesboutique.com if you don't want to share on the board. [You will have to remove the spaces from my e-mail address as again I do not have enough posts to post an e-mail address ]

I am interested to know as we already had our kids out of school for 5 days in December when we sailed on the Magic. We weren't given a hard time about it at all (absences were considered unexcused) and the kids were able to make up missed work (actually my DD didn't have to make up any missed work). They have each missed 1 day of school due to illness. According to how I understand our school district's policy (Plano), they can miss up to 10% of the school days in a year (which would be 17.9 days for both excused and unexcused absences which we are still well below at a total of 9 after this cruise) and still receive credit for their classes. Over that amount and the teachers/school can deny them credit for their classes. However, I am still uncertain about whether or not the teachers can deny a student the opportunity to make up missed work which could be a problem. Both of my kids are excellent students and the teachers were very understanding last time, so I am hoping they will be as understanding this time as well

Need a fish extender for your Disney Cruise? Check out my Etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BullfrogsButterflies

Old 01-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #98
KurlyStarr
Earning My Ears

TexasCamps - I just looked at your etsy shop (I don't know how I missed that before)...you have some CUTE stuff!!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:34 AM   #99
TexasCamps
Keep Calm & Cruise On

Thanks KurlyStarr!

Old 01-23-2013, 07:32 AM   #100
TexasCamps
Keep Calm & Cruise On

The Disney Magic was named the No. 1 Large Cruise Ship by Conde Nast Traveler readers.

I can't post the link here as I don't have enough posts yet but there is a thread about it on the DISboards.

Woo Hoo! Makes me even more excited to go back.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #101
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Ikea FE

I just got back from my Round Rock Ikea where I purchased a 3 pocket FE. It was $4.99. Found it in the childrens section. I needed it for my daughters' family stateroom. It took awhile to iron out the wrinkles but it looks great. Of course it will have to be embellished.: but I am excited I don't have to make one for her room. Sherry
Old 01-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #102
sherrief
Earning My Ears

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
I just got back from my Round Rock Ikea where I purchased a 3 pocket FE. It was $4.99. Found it in the childrens section. I needed it for my daughters' family stateroom. It took awhile to iron out the wrinkles but it looks great. Of course it will have to be embellished.: but I am excited I don't have to make one for her room. Sherry
Ha,ha. Just drove past there on Monday and seriously considered stopping, but I need 4 pockets , and seriously who walks out if Ikea with just one item. Lol.
sherrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #103
TexasCamps
Keep Calm & Cruise On

Question

Does anyone know when the first 4 night sailing is on the Magic out of Galveston? I am anxious to see the Navigators.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #104
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCamps View Post
Does anyone know when the first 4 night sailing is on the Magic out of Galveston? I am anxious to see the Navigators.
I think February 1st is the first 4-night sailing out of Galveston! I can't wait to see the Navigators!!!

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century; October 2015 - Wine & Dine Half; Nov 2015 - Disney Wonder;
Ana~n~Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #105
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

We've had a change....now it will be myself, DH, DS(3) + DMiL and DFiL ... my mom backed out I can't blame her though......she doesn't really know my in-laws and she's not comfortable with traveling with everyone

Everyone wish me luck......I've never traveling with my in-laws before and I'm scared

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century; October 2015 - Wine & Dine Half; Nov 2015 - Disney Wonder;
Ana~n~Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: