Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #76
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

As to using Ipads in the park for apps? Sure, why not? To read or check email? Again...go for it. But it's rude to hold up this big bright screen that blocks other's view and could be worse than flash photography for the other passengers in a ride due to it constantly being on rather than intermittent flashes.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #77
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Well, here's a way to make people more likely to choose this as a FP+ reservation! Change a classic.

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
GreenCntryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #78
disneywithfive
Mouseketeer

Not crazy about the change. My children look for the sign in their native language. No armband or RFID ticket will tell the computer that.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #79
maccalovah
Mouseketeer

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like when they mess with the classics like this. I'm really glad I rode this a few weeks ago before they started with the changes....
may 2006 POFQ
mar 1997 PORS
nov 1995 WL
aug 1990 Offsite
maccalovah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #80
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum

Sweetie, maybe you could consider that some of us have probably been going to WDW since before you were born.
Was the condescension really necessary here? This why I don't bother posting much. The rudeness on this board is unbelievable. And from self-proclaimed adults!

I was trying to have a polite discussion, which was going quite nicely until this. Clearly I had unreasonable expectations.

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
rebeccaariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #81
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
people are assuming it's going to be a huge failure as if Disney just tosses their money around without any sort of tests to make sure the technology works. It seems pretty silly to jump to that conclusion without even seeing the final product yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
Was the condescension really necessary here? This why I don't bother posting much. The rudeness on this board is unbelievable. And from self-proclaimed adults!
Hmm. My comment was no more condescending and rude as your (unwritten) assumption that those of us who forsee problems are simply picking an opinion out of thin air, with no previous experience to base it on.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #82
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum

Hmm. My comment was no more condescending and rude as your (unwritten) assumption that those of us who forsee problems are simply picking an opinion out of thin air, with no previous experience to base it on.
There's a huge difference between foreseeing legitimate problems and outlining those, as many did, and claiming it won't work without any evidence, which is something others did. I was taking issue with the latter, not the former, in my original post. I never personally attacked anyone, whereas you made it personal when you unnecessarily brought my age into the discussion. That was inappropriate and unfair,

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
rebeccaariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #83
Polydweller
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccalovah View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I don't like when they mess with the classics like this. I'm really glad I rode this a few weeks ago before they started with the changes....
It was messed with decades ago. I saw it first at the 1964 World's Fair and it was different then. The closest representation is at Disneyland and the WDW is a copy adapted to the space.

I don't mind them changing rides, the parks were always meant to change and never be finished. I only get concerned when the make a big mistake such as the Imagination Pavillion at Epcot and don't fix that.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #84
DeluxePrincess
Humming the Farm Town song...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa7287 View Post
although if they're reading it straight off the ID's then I won't be able to give joke names like we used to on ET.
Yes, what fun is it if your family can't be Homer, Marge, Lisa, and Bart?
Old 01-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #85
figmentedpixie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
IF it works. And IF it works consistently. If it doesn't, then you'll have a minute or so of riding through a black tunnel...towards a bright light....
Is it sad that I read this and was like "but then we can pretend Mr. Toad's still exists"
1982 to 1997: Various Trips with Family; August 2007: ASMo with Lil Sis; January 2008: Borg Trip to WDW/ASMu; November 2008: Trip to WDW/Pop Century with Panda; June 2009: DLR with Panda; Halloween 2009: DLR with Panda; December 2010: Borg Trip #2 to WDW/Pop Century; Halloween 2011: DLR with Panda; December 2012: 30th B-Day WDW Trip/Pop Century

figmentedpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #86
anniemck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Is anyone just a smidge disappointed that Disney's fancy new addition to IASW is technology that Universal has used at ET for the past 20+ years?
This was my first thought also. I loved that the first time we went to Universal, they called my daughter Maggie, her name is Megan and we always called her Maggie for short, but specifically said Megan when we told the cast member.

Official Disney Freak...
Presidents Day Weekend Twirlmania 2000-2012
Halloween 2011
Mothers Day, August, September, Osborne Family Lights 2012
DCL Wonder March 2013
15 cruises on other lines since 2007
6 trips to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge since 2009
Love vacations...
anniemck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #87
stindall
Congress Tart

I see people wondering about butchered names but where does it say anything about the ride talking to you?

Oh god there's the yeti! - A September 2014 PTR.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! -

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #88
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniemck View Post
This was my first thought also. I loved that the first time we went to Universal, they called my daughter Maggie, her name is Megan and we always called her Maggie for short, but specifically said Megan when we told the cast member.
My daughter Katie's first question was "They aren't going to call me Catherine, are they?" because I always register with our legal names. She gets enough of that at school already from teachers.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #89
meliss8599
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier Girl View Post
Curiously gutted by the end of these stupid sparkly signs.
Me, too. I honestly teared up when I read that they weren't coming back. I loved seeing languages my parents speak up there and pointing them out to my daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by persnickity View Post
I loved the goodbye signs, the art and design of that whole ride is just spectacular, and it was such a sweet way to end it. I sure hope they incorporate them into the reno, maybe by adding the names to the goodbye message.
I agree. I'd hate to see them gone for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post
Aw, this makes me sad. I'm glad I got a really good shot of the goodbye signs a few trips ago - actually used it as the last page of my photobook for that trip.
What a cute idea! I thankfully have a beautiful picture of them also.
meliss8599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #90
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener14
Why are people assuming that riders' names will be integrated into the audio? I'm assuming that riders' names will be integrated into the goodbye signs in some new form.
That's what I figured as well. Guess we may see soon...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: