Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
HippieChickadee
Mouseketeer
 
HippieChickadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 386

Booking with PAP

We are looking to get 2 rooms at a value resort. We have PAP's so we don't need park tickets- but we want dinning plans.

How do we book this way?

(I'm used to booking DVC so this is all foreign to me!)


I should also add that my nephew is coming, he does not have an annual pass. Will this mess up dinning for the rest who does?

Last edited by HippieChickadee; 01-23-2013 at 12:43 PM. Reason: added a question
HippieChickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieChickadee View Post
We are looking to get 2 rooms at a value resort. We have PAP's so we don't need park tickets- but we want dinning plans.

How do we book this way?

(I'm used to booking DVC so this is all foreign to me!)


I should also add that my nephew is coming, he does not have an annual pass. Will this mess up dinning for the rest who does?
Unfortunately, in the case of the regular resorts, dining makes it a package and you must book tickets with a package. Dining must be reserved a minimum of 72 hours in advance of arrival.

However, you can book the one-day ticket required (two-day with free dining) and not use that ticket and save it for a later trip. There is a sticky on the Theme Parks and Strategies board that tells all about upgrading tickets.

And if you book your nephew ahead of time, then he must be on the same package as everyone in that particular room. He could upgrade his ticket, after first day of use, to as many days as he needs.

If you add him at the time of check-in, he won't be able to use ME, if needed. But he will get access to the room and all the amentities. He would have to purchase tickets when he gets there and he would not have the dining plan.
__________________




Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
lililoo12
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 334

no true you do not need to buy tickets to get the dining plan when you already have ap's
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
lililoo12
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 334

click annual passholders under the disney experience tab, click resort offers, sign in, when you get to the menu to pick your dates for stay scroll down to dining and room packages and there you go. PP is wrong, why would you buy tickets when you already have them
you can also call with annual pass code s6z to book with dining
you must book dining 72 hrs before your check in date
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #5
lililoo12
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Unfortunately, in the case of the regular resorts, dining makes it a package and you must book tickets with a package. Dining must be reserved a minimum of 72 hours in advance of arrival.

However, you can book the one-day ticket required (two-day with free dining) and not use that ticket and save it for a later trip. There is a sticky on the Theme Parks and Strategies board that tells all about upgrading tickets.

And if you book your nephew ahead of time, then he must be on the same package as everyone in that particular room. He could upgrade his ticket, after first day of use, to as many days as he needs.

If you add him at the time of check-in, he won't be able to use ME, if needed. But he will get access to the room and all the amentities. He would have to purchase tickets when he gets there and he would not have the dining plan.
you are giving wrong info. AP's CAN book a room and dining package. If you were a passholder you would have a passholder page where we can book our room onlys or room and dining packages.
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #6
HippieChickadee
Mouseketeer
 
HippieChickadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12 View Post
click annual passholders under the disney experience tab, click resort offers, sign in, when you get to the menu to pick your dates for stay scroll down to dining and room packages and there you go. PP is wrong, why would you buy tickets when you already have them
you can also call with annual pass code s6z to book with dining
you must book dining 72 hrs before your check in date
Thank you lililoo!

You said I must book the dining 72 hrs before check in date...

does this mean I can book the room without the dining to start and then add it later?
HippieChickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
lililoo12
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 334

Yup numerous times we decided to get the DDP a week prior and have it added
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #8
lililoo12
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 334

But the DDP will have to be paid in full if you want it.
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #9
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,766

Yes. You can absolutely book an AP package with just room and DDP.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #10
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 12,966

If you want DDP without buying tickets you have to book an "AP" package. It follows all the standard package rules-you pay $200 deposit, pay in full at 45 days and subject to package cancelation policies.

Also you can only book either with an AP discount or rack rate. You can't use a general public discount and ask to book without tickets.
__________________
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #11
davedmaine
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,782

Think about getting a TiW instead of the dining plans. You'll save yourself a lot of $$..
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #12
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12 View Post
you are giving wrong info. AP's CAN book a room and dining package. If you were a passholder you would have a passholder page where we can book our room onlys or room and dining packages.
I am glad to hear that!

I will definitely make sure I remember that - I thought it was only DVC that could do that.

thanks!
__________________




Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #13
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!
 
keishashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 19,685

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12 View Post
Yup numerous times we decided to get the DDP a week prior and have it added
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
If you want DDP without buying tickets you have to book an "AP" package. It follows all the standard package rules-you pay $200 deposit, pay in full at 45 days and subject to package cancelation policies.

Also you can only book either with an AP discount or rack rate. You can't use a general public discount and ask to book without tickets.
my brain is cold this morning, confusedMy PAP is waiting for me at will-call. Now i'm waiting to see if any room discount offers will be forthcoming for june. I do have a room only booked via current promo jik.

To be clear, you can add the DP to any AP room only reservation (72 hrs prior via converting it to a 'pkg' with payment due at full at that time)?

When i've converted a room only to a DP/tix offer via CRO in the past, they had to cancel the existing reservation and we had to start anew. The initial one night's deposit was refunded to CC and a new $200 deposit was required. Once I couldn't book the pkg at the same resort as it wasn't available and we had to switch to another resort.
It was explained to me that they have different inventory for room-only and the various special offers. Just don't want to find out at the last minute we can't add the DP in this sort of event.
__________________
Will trade 'nanners taken in trade by the Tag Fairy for your tag for tags!

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #14
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 12,966

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
my brain is cold this morning, confusedMy PAP is waiting for me at will-call. Now i'm waiting to see if any room discount offers will be forthcoming for june. I do have a room only booked via current promo jik.

To be clear, you can add the DP to any AP room only reservation (72 hrs prior via converting it to a 'pkg' with payment due at full at that time)?

When i've converted a room only to a DP/tix offer via CRO in the past, they had to cancel the existing reservation and we had to start anew. The initial one night's deposit was refunded to CC and a new $200 deposit was required. Once I couldn't book the pkg at the same resort as it wasn't available and we had to switch to another resort.
It was explained to me that they have different inventory for room-only and the various special offers. Just don't want to find out at the last minute we can't add the DP in this sort of event.
I've never actually booked an AP package with DDP but I do know that you will not be able to keep your current room only discount and get DDP. AP discounts for June are not out yet. I don't know how easy it is to switch from room only AP discount to AP package.

I find that now that my kids are all over 10 I do much better with TiW than DDP. I like ordering exactly what I want rather than what is covered by DDP. Sometimes I'll an appetizer and dessert, sometimes I'll order just an entree.
__________________
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #15
lililoo12
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo

I've never actually booked an AP package with DDP but I do know that you will not be able to keep your current room only discount and get DDP. AP discounts for June are not out yet. I don't know how easy it is to switch from room only AP discount to AP package.

I find that now that my kids are all over 10 I do much better with TiW than DDP. I like ordering exactly what I want rather than what is covered by DDP. Sometimes I'll an appetizer and dessert, sometimes I'll order just an entree.
Weird I added the DDP and was still able to get the 35 percent ap discount
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.