Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #391
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Claire and I got the pork shank and a drink to share.

Jen, this man in line looks an aweful lot like my dh. Looks like his Indian's hat and glasses. Could we have been that close to each other?

That's too bad that the ride was not working.

The Gaston meet does look dark, but your pictures got ok. He is pretty arrogant, isn't he, lol.

Great pictures with Ariel. You can tell Claire loves her. Did you make a snapfish photobook for her autograph book?
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:26 AM   #392
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Jen, this man in line looks an aweful lot like my dh. Looks like his Indian's hat and glasses. Could we have been that close to each other?

That's too bad that the ride was not working.

The Gaston meet does look dark, but your pictures got ok. He is pretty arrogant, isn't he, lol.

Great pictures with Ariel. You can tell Claire loves her. Did you make a snapfish photobook for her autograph book?
I wonder if it is. It was during the party on Nov. 2nd? Were you there then?

Carey made the book. It's really cute.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #393
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Gaston seems like a hoot! Morghan didn't have much interest in meeting him so we passed. I sure wish I would have made her! His line "so glad you could meet me" made me really giggle.

Great pictures! I love meeting up with Disney friends.

Just me and my girla very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #394
MEK
DIS Veteran

Phew. Caught up again. Crazy week trying to make a soccer video for my son's soccer banquet. Glad that's over.

I had to laugh at Claire bossing you around on Dumbo and saying the games in the tent are for babies. Yes - she is quite the mature 7 year old.

Love the pictures of claire with Daisy and Goofini. It is so dark there, but you did a great job getting your pictures to lighten up.

I love that you guys had the same costume, but that whole changing in the locker room did not sound fun.

And I would have felt like flipping too when I get in a line like that. Some people can really just tie up a line.

Fun updates!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #395
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Gaston seems like a hoot! Morghan didn't have much interest in meeting him so we passed. I sure wish I would have made her! His line "so glad you could meet me" made me really giggle.

Great pictures! I love meeting up with Disney friends.
I am glad I made Claire meet him. He was new and fun and even though she was shy, it was worth it and now she talks about that memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Phew. Caught up again. Crazy week trying to make a soccer video for my son's soccer banquet. Glad that's over.

I had to laugh at Claire bossing you around on Dumbo and saying the games in the tent are for babies. Yes - she is quite the mature 7 year old.

Love the pictures of claire with Daisy and Goofini. It is so dark there, but you did a great job getting your pictures to lighten up.

I love that you guys had the same costume, but that whole changing in the locker room did not sound fun.

And I would have felt like flipping too when I get in a line like that. Some people can really just tie up a line.

Fun updates!
Take her to Chuck E Cheese though and she won't say it's for babies!

We got some great pictures that night. It was really a very fun evening all around. And I wasn't sent to jail for flipping out when I needed food. Always a plus!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #396
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

So the plan was to trick or treat and then head off to a dance party. Carey said that was a big highlight for Kadence the year before, and I knew Claire was one who liked to dance too.

One trick or treat area was by the River boats, but this one seems to be connected to the dock with its decorations. I guess it wasnt up and running.

We got quite a bit of candy in just the few stops we made and then off to the dance party.
At first Claire was shy again. UGH. I know she loves to dance, but she seemed like it might be embarrassing to do it now. I tried to dance a bit with her, but that was even more embarrassing.

Finally the 2 got their groove going, yet, they weren't about to get too close!

As time went on, they started getting a bit closer to each other.

I have no clue why Claire is making such a face.

And finally success. They now were dancing officially together and they were talking!

You will notice I did a really good job at getting the back side of them. I swear no matter how I tired, I couldnt get their faces in the pictures. And the few I did were blurry blobs.

Every time I tried to do a little sideline dancing, I got a dirty look. The DJ started playing Hammer Time. I didn't pay attention to what he was saying, and when you are supposed to yell out hammer time I did so, and was the only one. I think it was partly because many kids had no clue, and then I think the other part was we were supposed to wait for his cue to do so. LOL. Yet I couldn't seem to catch on to that and kept yelling it. Oops.

Finally we decided it was time to pull the kids away from dancing and do some more party fun. We headed over towards Splash Mountain/BTMRR area. I think the plan was to trick or treat there and then ride the ride, but the ride itself was not running.

The queue was decorated so cute.

It actually had a pretty long line that split at one point to have 2 lines for the same station. It moved fairly fast though. We did notice that the Dwarves were NOT out this evening. I was hoping to get a glimpse of them, but it wasn't meant to be.

After we got another large handful of candy we continued on and Hallow Wishes had just started. Another thing I had forgotten about. I tried to take a couple of pictures as we walk.

We saw this guy dressed as Jack Sparrow as we were walking. He looked AMAZING! Honestly we were questioning whether he was the real one or not, he was that good. Perfect mannerisms and everything! Some people were stopping off and asking him to take a picture with him. But he ended up joining a scary looking bride eventually, so we knew it was a guy in costume, but Wow! He was great!

We made another pit stop at the same trick or treat station we had been to earlier and then over towards the Haunted Mansion for some Magic shots.

Holy cow! Look fireworks are going off right behind the Mansion! How cool is that?

While we waited in line Carey and I just kept shooting.

It was just GORGEOUS!!!!

Old 01-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #397
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

I'm glad Claire was able to warm up to Kadence. The dance party looked like a lot of fun. We tried to do one during MVMCP but Juliana was shot by then.

Beautiful pictures of the fireworks behind HM!
that's nice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #398
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Soon it was our turn for the Magic shot. Claire was a little iffy about this, but I told her we would be fine and no ghosts were going to show up at the moment. Carey and family went first, and then it was our turn.

We moved on. We saw this girl a couple of times. We loved her braid.

She was with a guy dressed as Flynn and he was pretty much dead on too. And they had a friend dressed as Jasmine. I really liked how they went all out. It makes me a bit jealous that I am not so talented.

We headed back to the New Fantasyland. We had to check on the Little Mermaid ride once again.

Its really hard to get a picture of Erics castle in the dark.

It was open! Score! I think it listed the wait as 5 or 10 minutes, but basically it was walk on. BUT that queue is REALLY long. Extremely long. I would hate to wait in that! And I have heard since it has opened, the wait times have been just awful.

Carey and I were snapping away as we walked through the queue.

We finally got up to the omnimovers.

It stopped for a second and we panicked that it might be broke down again, but it quickly restarted.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #399
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

I love how they got to dance with woody
Old 01-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #400
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
I love how they got to dance with woody
They were being Woody groupies!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #401
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib

They were being Woody groupies!
:-)
Old 01-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #402
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

HAMMER TIME! Oops, wait, you didn't cue me yet. Sorry! It's so funny that you mentioned Hammer time because, just the other night, I was doing the Hammer time dance and singing the song and Hunter thought that was the most hilarious thing ever. It really was hilarious 'cause you've seen pictures of me dancing before. Yeah, I'm not a great dancer or singer for that matter.

Annnnyway, I'm so glad that the girls eventually warmed up to each other and started having fun together at the dance party. It looked like a lot of fun.

How cool that you were able to get pictures of the fireworks behind the Haunted Mansion. That's so neat!

Yay for finally getting to ride the new Little Mermaid ride. I'm so excited to see all of the new Fantasyland stuff.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #403
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Unless it was right before 7pm that can't be us. We were at MNSSHP after Thanksgiving. JJ says his dad doesn't have a hat like. I know he has a ton of Cleveland Indians hats, that's his team.

Another great update. Too funny about hammer time.
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #404
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
HAMMER TIME! Oops, wait, you didn't cue me yet. Sorry! It's so funny that you mentioned Hammer time because, just the other night, I was doing the Hammer time dance and singing the song and Hunter thought that was the most hilarious thing ever. It really was hilarious 'cause you've seen pictures of me dancing before. Yeah, I'm not a great dancer or singer for that matter.

Do you happen to have any video of this you'd like to share here?

that's nice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #405
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

Do you happen to have any video of this you'd like to share here?

Thankfull, no video of that dance. Somewhere on one of my other trip reports, there's a video of me performing with Mulch, Sweat & Shears. Let's just say, it ain't pretty. I'm not a shy little girl in the corner and post all sorts of pictures of my family, including myself. Some examples:

Let's not forget the "it's a backsack not a jockstrap" picture:

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: