Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #211
esmith3728
Earning My Ears

wow amazing! Thanks for the update!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #212
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BusyPlanning View Post
Love the update, Tammy! I have to wait until September, but I'm already in love with this ship! I even had a dream about it last night...yikes. Lol!
Time flies by when you have one planned! It gives you plenty of time to learn every little detail too. I was thrown into my first DCL cruise. It was exciting though, no expectations. I just went with it and had a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith3728 View Post
wow amazing! Thanks for the update!
Thank you. Beautiful ship, huh?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 02:28 AM   #213
OneTreeHillAddict

Been researching Royal Caribbean ships tonight. We honeymooned on one in '97. I think Sidney and I might do this line again next year if we go away to celebrate our anniversary alone without the kids. (They're a lot nicer looking now than back in '97)
Old 01-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #214
snowmanlover
DS was in the CP and LOVED it!

We cruised with RCCL on the Radiance of the Seas to Hawaii twice and LOVED it! In fact, we are looking to do it again this year!

Where are you thinking of cruising to?
Old 01-25-2013, 07:48 PM   #215
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanlover View Post
We cruised with RCCL on the Radiance of the Seas to Hawaii twice and LOVED it! In fact, we are looking to do it again this year!

Where are you thinking of cruising to?
A cruise around the island of Hawaii would be nice. We actually booked DCL when they went to Hawaii the first time. The kids couldn't get out of required state school testing so we weren't able to follow through. I think a cruise would be a great way to see and do everything. Of course adding a 7 day stay at Aulani would make it the dream trip.

It's a dream of ours to visit the south pacific too. I have a lot of wishes on my dream list. I just have to save up the money to do it all. I do think cruising is the cheapest way to travel.

I'd love to hear more about your Hawaii trip. I still want to see your early Disney pics. We have a group of friends on a private FB page where we share this old stuff. You should join us. Plus we've all met in person so it'd be cool to add you.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #216
OneTreeHillAddict

I didn't disappear...we went on another Disney cruise! The Wonder. It was a last minute thing. Now of course I am backed up like crazy around here. I will add Wonder to the next TR since I've yet to start Dec.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #217
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
I didn't disappear...we went on another Disney cruise! The Wonder. It was a last minute thing. Now of course I am backed up like crazy around here. I will add Wonder to the next TR since I've yet to start Dec.
Welcome back! From the sounds of it on FB, you had a great trip.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #218
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Wow! I "wondered" where you'd been! Can't wait for more info
Old 02-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #219
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Welcome back! From the sounds of it on FB, you had a great trip.
Thanks Kathy. We sure did. I wasn't sure how much we'd like the smaller ship after being on the new ones but it was pleasant. A different experience completely. I'd definitely sail on the older ones again, only next time I want ALL of my babies with me. Leaving behind my oldest put a damper on the vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Wow! I "wondered" where you'd been! Can't wait for more info
Ha ha good one. It was so much fun. I need to do some sort of an update though and today is that day!
Old 02-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #220
OneTreeHillAddict

And now...

Looks like I left off with AP. This may come as a surprise to many but after sailing on the Wonder I have to say I like their AP even more. As much as we liked the Mickey chairs the black and white chairs and theme on The Wonder ~ even nicer! Sorcerer Mickey was a nice added bonus. I didn't know that was coming at all. Now I want a black and white kitchen! (Go figure)

Ding ding...let's go on a trip!

How about a tour of Remy and Palo? If I can ever talk my sister or parents into going with us on a cruise we might be able to try one of these. (I still won't leave my youngest in the kids club)

Let's start with Meridian.

I love the couches in here.

Next up ~

My favorite table!

I'd love to hear and see the food served in here. If you have eaten there feel free to share your pics.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #221
Jubilee
<3 my kids

Just got through your TR. It only took all day with the kids and all

I am a big time WDW veteran but a complete DCL virgin and I am hooked. Will literally be booking within a few weeks or so. Just want to make sure I get it at the right time. My bday is in Sept. so I am considering during then... being a Floridian, am only slightly worried about hurricanes, but it is a risk. I would hate for even windy, cool or overcast weather.

Your post about all the musicians made me giggle. Definitely an interesting read. My husband and I were just having a conversation about Shannon Hoon the other day when watching a "One hit wonder" show and Blind Melon were in there....kinda strange.

We roll to the beat of our own drum here and I can tell you do as well, too. We lived in NC for a while (Charlotte) but are not really southern. "Ya'll" seem like so much fun.

We, too, are concerned about booking with Disney Dream and then "downgrading" to the older ships, however, will still probably go with that anyway.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #222
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
Just got through your TR. It only took all day with the kids and all

I am a big time WDW veteran but a complete DCL virgin and I am hooked. Will literally be booking within a few weeks or so. Just want to make sure I get it at the right time. My bday is in Sept. so I am considering during then... being a Floridian, am only slightly worried about hurricanes, but it is a risk. I would hate for even windy, cool or overcast weather. Those September rates are hard to pass up. I'm thinking they may be even better than a FL offer that might come out later on. Plus you get that onboard credit. Go ahead and book it! Don't be scared of the hurricanes. If something were to happen they will detour around it, and you might end up with a longer vacation. You will have a super time. We went in September and the weather was perfect.

Your post about all the musicians made me giggle. Definitely an interesting read. My husband and I were just having a conversation about Shannon Hoon the other day when watching a "One hit wonder" show and Blind Melon were in there....kinda strange. I had a very strange dream about them the other night. Freaked me out a bit. One hit wonder? I remember a few albums.

We roll to the beat of our own drum here and I can tell you do as well, too. We lived in NC for a while (Charlotte) but are not really southern. "Ya'll" seem like so much fun. Were you there for work? I think the last time I went to Charlotte was to take my little sister to meet Hanson.

We, too, are concerned about booking with Disney Dream and then "downgrading" to the older ships, however, will still probably go with that anyway.
We liked them both. Of course we liked the Dream a LOT more, both were still great vacations. We missed the aqua duck and the older ships are so tiny in comparison. We still want to try all four though. I am glad we did not do Hawaii now though. I would have died on that little ship with all those days at sea.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #223
OneTreeHillAddict

Ahhhhhhhhh it's so pretty!

Another one we have not tried and probably won't for many years.

The Christmas tree

There you have it. A photo essay of Remy.

I can't believe none of you have eaten here. I'd love to see some food pics.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #224
Jfstorm
Dang straight I'm a Disney Dad! ARGH!

HI! Thank you so much for the TR! I'm loving the pics. we are less than a week out from a 3 night on the Dream for my 16yr old's Bday. Our first cruise ever was on the Wonder for his Bday back in 2010 and we were hooked ever since! we've tried the other lines for a cost savings and have found that while we really like Royal Carribean; nothing was as good as Disney. (Could have something to do with the fact we are WDW obsessed; but I think even without that we would still feel the same. I love all the info. from what differs from the "Classic" ships and the new Dream (and Fantasy). I would encourage everyone to give the Classic ships a chance; they are great and so well maintained. I think it will be a case similar to a different resort at WDW. some things different, but overall experience is the same.
Oh, I also lived in Surfside for a year (as well as everywhere else in SC mostly) so great to enjoy a "homie" "s point of view. I'm wondering if I will be able to get the DS out of Vibe enough to actually spend time with him! It looks awesome! It would Definately be a huge hit at Broadway. I hear it has changed alot since I was there in the early 2000's though. I have to get back to see all my old friends still living there.
Oh, big Q: Where is the Black Pearl at Castaway Cay now? All of the new pics seem like it has been moved??????
Well, I have stopped on page 8, i have to get back to packing for the trip. Leaving for a straight shot down I-95 from exit 57 at 6am next Thursday, hoping to hit the cape by 11am though our online checkin says noon. Hope to get on and Ride the Aqua duck a few times before the crowds hit. I CANNOT BELIEVE how empty CC was!!!!! It was full when we went before, except the Adult beach. Very enjoyable even when full, its so spread out; its like Stormalong Bay on a summer Day, lots of people but so spread out its still enjoyable.
Oh, and if by some strange chance your kids have not read them yet, Highly recommend "Kingdom Keepers" series by Ridley Pearson. we are both re-reading #5 now (takes place on the Dream) while waiting for #6 to come out in April. Disney teens and pre-teens love it, especially books 2 and forward. ( 1 is a little slow setting up everything for the series, but in retrospect is good at lots of hidden gems).
Well, off I go to finish, look forward to finishing your TR by tommorow! apologies for the Spelling, no time to proof read!
DGF son 43 16
DGF son 13
and newest addition DS 1

Feb 2013: 3 night disney Dream Cruise
August 2012: me, DS, and DS 2 for a week at All Star Sports!
June 2012: Family Vacation for Star wars Weekends and Father's Day; one week at Tuscana Condo and one week at Pop Century!
April 2012: Cruise on RCI Jewel of the Seas
Feb 2012: Taking my mom and DS on a cruise Celebrity Millinium!
August 2011: me and DS to Pop Century for 2 weeks!
June 2011: First trip for DGF and sons for the whole family tripping to All Star Movies and Music for 2 weeks Father's day and Star Wars weekends!
2011: Cruises on RCI Navigator of the Seas, and Carnival Liberty.
2010: Jan: Universal Florida Off-site
April: Spring break 4-11th: Hoping HP will be open!!! using the time to pool hop WDW resorts as well. Off-site and a possible Moderate last minute night.
June: Father's Day week @ Universal for HP and Water Parks
August: Birthday trip to WDW Port Orleans Riverside
October 31st: 1st DCL Cruise!
2009:January: Pop Century and AK Lodge for after Christmas w/ GF and son
April: quick weekend @ AS movies
June: Father's day 2 weeks offsite and AS music
August: Birthday 2 weeks @ AS music
October: Halloween @ AS Sports
2008: October: Halloween offsite
2007: August: Saratoga Springs
2007: June: Beach Club Villas
2006: Motel 6 kirkman, Royal Pacific, Courtyard I-Drive
2005: Fort Wilderness Campground
2004: Pop Century and All-Star Music
1999 - 2004: All Stars more times than I can remember as Annual Passholders (at least 10)!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #225
linetbo
Mouseketeer

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: