Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #1636
StayCool
DIS Veteran

I was down .2 this week. I'm just glad that I didn't gain. Right now I'm struggling with my fast food addiction! I am tracking everything and I'm trying to make better choices but it just isn't happening like I want it to. But for now my goal is just to push through and keep tracking even if I am making bad choices. Because I can see where I'm actually at I am controlling portion sizes and not going completely crazy like I would otherwise.

Hope everyone is having a great day and not freezing. It is a hot 10 degrees here and feels like -5! Brrrrr!

Sept/Oct. 2014 - First Disney trip and finished the TOT 10 miler!!! Can't wait to go back.
StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #1637
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Went to my first weigh in last night and was down 2 pounds. I'll take it. Finally found my Wii board that was packed away from our move so tomorrow morning, back on that.
I did decide to go back to the same meeting (that I wasn't thrilled with) and it was much better. Still not a lot of oomph, but that's ok. I'll give it more time.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #1638
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post

"But"? Did you say "But"? Our leader wouldn't settle for that. No "buts" allowed. You are almost to 50 lbs! That's not a "but" -- that's an Awesome, Amazing, Terrific, Wonderful . . . you get the idea.
Thanks I'm pretty excited about it, knowing that 50 isn't too far away... BUT one day at a time

[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #1639
shannon006
DIS Veteran

Well today is day 2 for me. A bit of a struggle already. I probably haven't eaten the right amount of fruits/veggies.

breakfast: a banana and a english muffin with egg and cheese. 5 pts

snack, mandarin orange

lunch: cambells natural white chicken chili and a large apple 6 pts

dinner: will be spaghetti and salad

I am feeling very hungry, but now that I'm typing this I am thinking, well where is my water. Haven't had any. Bingo! So glad I wrote this

But if I may ask, what are you all eating out there?
Old 01-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #1640
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Shannon, you asked what others are eating --

I get 26 points per day. I always have a Yoplait Greek Yogurt (the 2 points plus kind), 1/2 cup of Fiber One and 1/2 cup frozen berries (no sugar added) for breakfast. It's 4 points.

Mid-morning, I'll have a piece of fruit or some carrots and celery as a snack.

Lunch is typically a Lean Cuisine at my desk. Sometimes I'll bring a salad and soup -- I always make sure to get some protein at lunch. Also, I have cut up veggies or something else that crunches. A piece of fruit is a dessert. I often have to eat out at lunch and I just portion control as much as possible. (6-9 points plus.)

Mid-afternoon, I have a 1 point cheese stick (WW brand typically) and maybe a piece of fruit. (1 point)

Dinner varies a lot. Usually a cup of cooked vegetables, 1/2 chicken breast or 3 oz of another lean meat, some brown rice or oven roasted potatoes.

Evening snacking is my downfall. If I can manage my evening, I'm good.

I always have a glass of ice water or Crystal Light lemonade. As soon as the glass is empty, I go fill it up.

The WW website has some decent suggestions for how to spread your points out. Getting a protein in the middle of the afternoon helped me stay satisfied until dinner. That took some learning!

Last edited by Sandi; 01-22-2013 at 05:27 PM. Reason: quote error
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #1641
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

can i join in here? i started WW on January 3. my goal is to lose 20-30 pounds (i'd like to be toned as well, so i know that muscle weighs more than fat).

so far, i've lost almost nine pounds. when i really try, i can lose that first ten pounds within 3-4 weeks and then the weight CRAWLS away. i know the last ten are going to be a struggle.

i carry all of my extra weight in my stomach--not good and definitely not attractive. i'm tired of looking pregnant.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #1642
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

75 pounds gone!

45 to go till I reach the "healthy weight" range.

Shannon -- I am a big breakfast eater. I must start my day with protein. If I eat carbs in the morning (oatmeal, whole grain bread or bagel, whole grain cereal) I am not satisfied and will be chomping at the bit by 10:00. My typical breakfast is two eggs and a pork product plus a banana or some other fruit. That's 7 to 8 points.

Lunch is our big meal and if we don't go out (dh likes to go out) I'll make a meal the way I was raised -- a meat, a veggie, and a starch plus salad. I don't do recipes -- dh doesn't like his food all combined any way. Lunch usually comes to about 8 - 10 points.

For dinner, if I have seven points or more left, I do a WW frozen entree; if I have fewer left, I'll do something like popcorn, or lunchmeat rolled around a bit of WW string cheese. Plus some fruit again. Or Progresso soup -- I eat the whole can, 4 points.

Btw, I get 26 points for the day. I've never really been in the habit of snacking between meals. But I used to eat up to six Tastycake cupcakes a day (two after each meal) and / or Oreos. Now for a sweet, I eat cookies that I like that I've already figured the points on. For example, Stauffer's dark chocolate stars (only available at Christmas -- at Easter they become bunnies, ) are one point each. One or two satisfies if I am craving sweet.

I seldom eat my 49 weekly points but find that when I do a big meal once in a while and use them, I still lose weight. I think my body says, "Oh, ok, we aren't starving, it's okay to let some more weight go, since she decided to give us that big meal."

Last edited by pwdebbie; 01-23-2013 at 11:20 AM.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #1643
shannon006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
75 pounds gone!
That is awesome!!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #1644
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

As I was answering Shannon I thought that maybe we could each share what we ate today.
So, what's on your menu?

Breakfast was bacon (3 strips) and eggs. (Oops, forgot to eat my banana.) 8 points

Lunch is going to be casual today. Dh wanted some buffalo turkey breast lunchmeat, so we are having sandwiches. I will have:
Martins Potato Roll (small size) -- 2 points
corned beef lunchmeat -- 1 point
1/2 slice of swiss cheese -- 2 points
mustard -- 0 points
cole slaw -- 2 points
potato salad -- 3 points

That will leave me 8 points for dinner, so I'll pull out a frozen WW meal and add some broccoli. Probably 7 points, so I'll finish with one cookie.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #1645
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Congrats, Debbie! Fantastic job! I am so proud of you!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #1646
robinb
DIS Veteran

Hi guys! I'm checking in with my WI. I skipped last Friday because I wanted to change back to Wednesdays. I was too crazy over the weekends and ate too many weekly points since I figured I could "make it up" the rest of the week. That does work sometimes but other times it didn't. So, I moved back to Wednesday so I would be more in control over the weekend. We'll see how it goes.

So, I lost 2.4 lbs over 12 days. I'm pretty happy with that. I have been working out whenever my DD swims (which is 4x per week) but there was puke in the pool on Monday so both she and I skipped. I am up to 20 minutes of elliptical and another 40-50 minutes on a treadmill at about 3.5 mph.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #1647
robinb
DIS Veteran

More about our meeting today. We talked about planning meals and she had us put together a meal which is under 10 points. The woman next to me had a cookbook called "Eat More of What You Love" by Marlene Koch and she read the recipe for "Cheesy Seaside Shells" . Here is the recipe and it looks really good! I bough shells, shrimp & crab in anticipation of making it over the weekend:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Cpf...page&q&f=false

Each 1.5 cup serving was only 8 points!

My leader had everyone put their name tags into a basket for a free cookbook. The first woman who was selected already had both cookbooks so she said to pick someone else. I won! She recommended "Tastier than Takeout" over the one about leftovers (I don't like leftovers so I would have probably picked the Tastier one anyway). She recommended the Spicy Chana Masala (Indian spiced sweet potatoes) which sounds extra yummy!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #1648
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

We planned a meal last night too. Mine was chicken breasts cooked in fat-free sour cream with mushrooms served over quinoa with broccoli on the side. I used to make this when we first got married and hadn't thought about it until last night. I used to serve it over white rice so the quinoa will be a change. I plan to try this next week.

I know why I quit making it -- all four kids got hit with the stomach bug that was going around just a few hours after dinner. That was one meal I saw repeatedly for 24 hours, and the kids were never able to eat it again without gagging and it didn't particularly thrill me either. But I do think I'll give it a try now that almost thirty years have passed!

The lady in front of me won a cookbook but she didn't get a choice.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #1649
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We planned a meal last night too. Mine was chicken breasts cooked in fat-free sour cream with mushrooms served over quinoa with broccoli on the side. I used to make this when we first got married and hadn't thought about it until last night. I used to serve it over white rice so the quinoa will be a change. I plan to try this next week.

I know why I quit making it -- all four kids got hit with the stomach bug that was going around just a few hours after dinner. That was one meal I saw repeatedly for 24 hours, and the kids were never able to eat it again without gagging and it didn't particularly thrill me either. But I do think I'll give it a try now that almost thirty years have passed!

The lady in front of me won a cookbook but she didn't get a choice.
Would love that chicken breast recipe! Do you bake it or is it on top of the stove? Sounds delicious!

[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #1650
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
More about our meeting today. We talked about planning meals and she had us put together a meal which is under 10 points. The woman next to me had a cookbook called "Eat More of What You Love" by Marlene Koch and she read the recipe for "Cheesy Seaside Shells" . Here is the recipe and it looks really good! I bough shells, shrimp & crab in anticipation of making it over the weekend:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Cpf...page&q&f=false

Each 1.5 cup serving was only 8 points!

My leader had everyone put their name tags into a basket for a free cookbook. The first woman who was selected already had both cookbooks so she said to pick someone else. I won! She recommended "Tastier than Takeout" over the one about leftovers (I don't like leftovers so I would have probably picked the Tastier one anyway). She recommended the Spicy Chana Masala (Indian spiced sweet potatoes) which sounds extra yummy!
Thanks for that link Robin! I love mac n cheese and pretty much never eat it because of the calories/high points plus. I'm going to fiddle with the recipe a little (not really a peas and carrots fan), but the seafood addition is terrific.

Congrats on your weight loss!

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: