Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
FosterLovesMickey
Ready for Disney......

2014 booking online

Just wondered if anyone has had any luck in seeing room availability (online) for Jan of 2014? I can choose the dates - but, upon selecting a resort it consistently says that room is unavailable.

Thanks!

Me DH DD (13) DD (11)
My Blog: www.fosterlovesmickey.com
Many visits as a child / 1st trip with my husband 1996 (All Star Sports) / 1st trip with my girls Feb 16-23, 2013 (POP Century) /
2nd trip with my girls Feb 21 - March 1, 2014 (POP Century)
Planning for 2015 - Booked room @ POP for 1/23 - 2/1!
FosterLovesMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

You cannot book online until the 2014 rates are released sometime around July/August of each year.

You can call and book a room-only reservation and they will charge you first night's deposit with the highest rack rate for that season.

When the rates are released (they used to consistently be in August, but the last few years it has been earlier), then you can call and they will adjust the rate and you can turn it into a package if you wish at that time.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
FosterLovesMickey
Ready for Disney......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
You cannot book online until the 2014 rates are released sometime around July/August of each year.

You can call and book a room-only reservation and they will charge you first night's deposit with the highest rack rate for that season.

When the rates are released (they used to consistently be in August, but the last few years it has been earlier), then you can call and they will adjust the rate and you can turn it into a package if you wish at that time.
Thank you - seems silly that they let you take a look at the calendar and go through the process, without letting you book a room only online (I understand for packages, since rates for packages aren't yet known).

I appreciate your response!!

Me DH DD (13) DD (11)
Many visits as a child / 1st trip with my husband 1996 (All Star Sports) / 1st trip with my girls Feb 16-23, 2013 (POP Century) /
Old 01-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterLovesMickey View Post
Thank you - seems silly that they let you take a look at the calendar and go through the process, without letting you book a room only online (I understand for packages, since rates for packages aren't yet known).

I appreciate your response!!
Actually, it is an excellent marketing tool. It is all about being inticed to book.

Cruise lines do it as well; let you go through the entire search process and then they say it is too early to book. They are trying to entice you to book an earlier trip within the booking window.

I am waiting to book my cruise to Bermuda for October 2014; cruises you can book up to 18 months in advance. I know I cannot book it yet, but a girl can dream......it allows me to go through the entire process of choosing the departure port, number of days, etc. and then gives me alternative dates that are within the 18 month booking window.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
FosterLovesMickey
Ready for Disney......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Actually, it is an excellent marketing tool. It is all about being inticed to book.

Cruise lines do it as well; let you go through the entire search process and then they say it is too early to book. They are trying to entice you to book an earlier trip within the booking window.

I am waiting to book my cruise to Bermuda for October 2014; cruises you can book up to 18 months in advance. I know I cannot book it yet, but a girl can dream......it allows me to go through the entire process of choosing the departure port, number of days, etc. and then gives me alternative dates that are within the 18 month booking window.
There is always a method to the madness, huh?

I hope you have a fabulous time on your cruise (and planning it)!

Me DH DD (13) DD (11)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: