Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 11:54 PM   #1
funsized1989
Earning My Ears

Question

If we are just touring the resorts how much of them can we see? Like at the all star movie resort I want to see the toy story statue. Can we without reservations?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #2
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by funsized1989 View Post
If we are just touring the resorts how much of them can we see? Like at the all star movie resort I want to see the toy story statue. Can we without reservations?

Everyone is welcome to visit any of the Disney resorts at anytime, no reservations needed. Just let the guard at the resort gate know that you are coming to visit and they will let you know if you need a pass or if there is a limit on how long you can stay. With value resorts, they will likely let you stay as long as you want, but with some of the deluxes, they try to limit you to 3 hours or less due to limited parking for those with restaurant and resort reservations. Have fun!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 12:47 AM   #3
Coyotesweat
Mouseketeer

What a great idea! Check out the stuff at POP if its allowed... lots of cool, huge pop art Disney stuff. And Art of Animation is on my walking plans- right across bridge from Pop!
Have fun!
Coyotesweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #4
grumpytx
Mouseketeer

We did just this years ago, just asked the guard at the checkpoint and it was no problem.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #5
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I arrive the Saturday after Thanksgiving, when all the christmas decorations are up and I do a couple of loops to see several resorts at the same time.

The most fun in the monorail route (CR, GF, and Poly) then I return to MK and take the boat over to WL for lunch/snacks at the lounge.

There is also a boat that goes from Epcot and DHS, that does the BC/YC/BW/Swan/Dolphin loop as well. A nice way to end the evening is to stop at BW and check out some of the outdoor entertainment.

You can also go over to DTD and take the water taxis to SSR; POR and POFQ; and OKW. They are three different water taxis, but you get to see a lot of DTD and the rides are wonderful in the evening.

There is also entertainment at POR and POFQ - POR is especially popular with Yee-hah Bob. He is in the lounge Wednesday through Saturday from 8 pm to about midnight. He recognizes people in the audience for special occasions and there is a lot of audience participation. The kids love it, as well as the adults.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: