Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #16
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
Not where I live. It's been rally cold yesterday and today. But besides that it's been pretty mild.
Same here. It was in the high 40s on Saturday which is super mild for mid-January.
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #17
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by powellrj View Post
In my area the last 2 winters have been pretty mild. Its been really cold the last couple of days, but other than that it hasn't been bad at all.

We haven't used any snow days knock on wood!
I was going to say the same thing for northern IN. It's not been too bad - yet.
jen0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #18
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

I was prepared for a bad winter, after last year's record mild one, and I have to say, it's been fine (although freezing right now, but that's to be expected). Just a little snow, temps in the high 40's for several days... It's almost February, and there aren't piles of dirty snow in the parking lots!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #19
mickeyboat
Nothing like the cream and chocolate combination
Thank you for omitting the footwear today
Moons are a sign of intelligence and beauty

It has been pretty mild here in Vermont, too. No snow days yet, and only one really deep snowfall - which had all melted before this latest round of snow and cold.

We have been doing a lot of traveling this year for hockey, and it does seem like we have had poor driving conditions on almost every trip.

So couldnít we all come to the conclusion that itís not the PLACE that counts, itís the people who contribute to it? - Delswife
mickeyboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #20
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
EVERY winter is the worst winter of my life, lol.

I hate winter. I really only like May-August here.

I need to move.
Exactly!!

I would make a fantastic snowbird. In my home state from May - mid October, in Florida from mid-October - May.

"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Sorsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #21
mnrose
DIS Veteran

It's been a pretty regular winter so far here in Minnesota. Cold this past week, but it's Minnesota and it's January. It gets cold. I think the past winters have been WAY milder than normal and therefore, we (collective we) have gotten used to that....now that it's more normal, we all act like it's a big deal and cold. Duh. It's Minnesota. It's January. We are supposed to get nasty cold weather.

Don't like it one bit though!
mnrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #22
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Not here. Other than the small amount of snow we've gotten, temps are pretty typical. We're going through the normal January cold snap right now...right on schedule.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:04 AM   #23
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

It has been a normal winter for me. The worst one I can remember was a few years ago. It would be -10 to -20 and then a wind chill on top of it for weeks. Anytime it would warm up it would snow a lot. I remember when I started thinking 20 degrees was warm. That was a bad winter .

My Blog: Have Budget Will Travel

Riles_and_Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #24
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

Except for a couple of small cold spells it has been a very mild winter here in N. Florida. Our apple trees started blooming a couple of weeks ago.
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #25
mrodgers
DIS Veteran

I think you all are wimps. Who above said that every winter they say is the worst winter? I think that is what happens.

It's been in the 50's for most of north eastern US through December and most of January. Suddenly we've all had 2 days of below 10į weather and it's the worst winter ever.
mrodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #26
Arielle22
We have had spirits
I had never heard of it before the Dis
this is how we show love, get used to it

I think this has been a mild winter. It is cold this week but otherwise it has been nice, some days I am only wearing a light coat.

2 winters ago was the worst in my recent memory, I know people whose Christmas decorations got buried in snow and weren't seen again until March.
CB 03/92
CSR and BC 08/09
BWI 11/11
OFF SITE 88,94,96,00

Arielle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #27
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielle22 View Post
I think this has been a mild winter. It is cold this week but otherwise it has been nice, some days I am only wearing a light coat.

2 winters ago was the worst in my recent memory, I know people whose Christmas decorations got buried in snow and weren't seen again until March.
I think we had snow on the ground from Thanksgiving through March that year. I remember seeing Christmas trees at the curb when the snow finally melted months later.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #28
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMtnFan View Post
Since the start of 2013 this winter has gotten worse than ever. In the last week in parts of the Northern US the Temps have been very cold. I live in Delaware Ohio and right now as I'm typing this it's 9 degrees above zero. And tomorrow night Ohio may get hit with a bad snowstorm depending of the track of the Storm. Can't wait till spring. Brrrrrrrr
I guess it's just you! Or maybe you're just young & haven't experienced any really bad winters. Sure the last temps are bad this week, but they have been above average for much of the winter so far. And we're about 24 inches below our average snowfall, I think. All in all, not my worst winter ever. Guess that honor goes to the year we had 6 feet, yes 6 feet of snow between Christmas & New Years Day.

I'll take cold over snow any day!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #29
daughtersrus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMtnFan View Post
Since the start of 2013 this winter has gotten worse than ever. In the last week in parts of the Northern US the Temps have been very cold. I live in Delaware Ohio and right now as I'm typing this it's 9 degrees above zero. And tomorrow night Ohio may get hit with a bad snowstorm depending of the track of the Storm. Can't wait till spring. Brrrrrrrr
For the Chicago area, it's been quite mild. Although yesterday and today have been cold, we haven't had any snow yet. A few flurries here and there but nothing that sticks.

I should be knocking on wood somewhere but we got our NICOR gas bill yesterday. It was just under $100.00. That was a very pleasant surprise.
daughtersrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #30
hegsag
Mouseketeer

It hasn't been a bad winter in Ma. This week is a bit cold (esp. today) but that should kill off all the mosquitos that survived that winter's mild temps... They were horrible last summer.
hegsag is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: