Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #511
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,558

This August trip we booked a fabulous rate at the Beach Club that you can't include the ddp with. I am fine with that and we plan to use Tables In Wonderland. I am having a hard time planning our dining reservations though because I am trying to stick to some less expensive places with one big splurge at Jiko.
So far my ideas are The Plaza, Beaches and Cream, one night with no reservations but we'll go to Wolfgang Puck Express, and Via Napoli. That's all I have so far. We've never tried Sci-Fi so I may add that too.
Decisions Decisions. My son also wants a Cape May breakfast and since we will be at the Beach Club that would be really convenient but it just about kills me to spend over 100 dollars for breakfast
Maybe I will make that one for 10:30 or 10:45 and make it a filling brunch so we just need to eat CS that evening.
It's different to think of things this way since we've always had the ddp but I don't think I'll miss it. We aren't big dessert eaters, and dd is a vegetarian so she'd be happier to make a meal of 2 apps than the one veggie offering at some places.
__________________
pigletto is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 01:34 AM   #512
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran
 
OThopeful35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Francisco, California
Posts: 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
This August trip we booked a fabulous rate at the Beach Club that you can't include the ddp with. I am fine with that and we plan to use Tables In Wonderland. I am having a hard time planning our dining reservations though because I am trying to stick to some less expensive places with one big splurge at Jiko.
So far my ideas are The Plaza, Beaches and Cream, one night with no reservations but we'll go to Wolfgang Puck Express, and Via Napoli. That's all I have so far. We've never tried Sci-Fi so I may add that too.
Decisions Decisions. My son also wants a Cape May breakfast and since we will be at the Beach Club that would be really convenient but it just about kills me to spend over 100 dollars for breakfast
Maybe I will make that one for 10:30 or 10:45 and make it a filling brunch so we just need to eat CS that evening.
It's different to think of things this way since we've always had the ddp but I don't think I'll miss it. We aren't big dessert eaters, and dd is a vegetarian so she'd be happier to make a meal of 2 apps than the one veggie offering at some places.
We have some of the same ADRs! I cannot wait to try Via Napoli DS loves pizza so this should be great for him!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DS10)

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
OThopeful35 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-23-2013, 05:50 AM   #513
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran
 
momto3gr8boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rockville Centre, NY
Posts: 2,209

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie6466

Hi guys! I'm on LI, too, in Levittown. I'll be there same time, too LOL
Hi Carrie! When are you going and where are you staying?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Christine DWDS(18) DS(16)DS(14)Picasso






*******************************************
momto3gr8boys is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 06:27 AM   #514
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran
 
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada, Eh!
Posts: 6,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
We've never tried Sci-Fi so I may add that too.
Decisions Decisions. My son also wants a Cape May breakfast and since we will be at the Beach Club that would be really convenient but it just about kills me to spend over 100 dollars for breakfast
All those trips, pigletto, and you have never been to Sci-Fi?

We enjoyed the atmosphere.......and the food was just fine. Good memories from '09!



Lordy, lordy......Jake looks so young!!!

I hear ya on the breakfast cost. But its soooo fun to get in a character meal while on vacation (especially as our kiddos grow older and those opportunities get fewer and further between).
__________________
Gina and her two guys ...conquering awesome Orlando, one offsite attraction at a time!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899


Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #515
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!
 
DisneyGuy758's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Waaaaay Upstate NY
Posts: 394

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
All those trips, pigletto, and you have never been to Sci-Fi?

We enjoyed the atmosphere.......and the food was just fine. Good memories from '09!
We went there in 2007. I wasn't all that impressed overall.

We had DS7 and DS1 at the time...so that may have clouded my judgement...it seems like it's fit more for couples, or older familes...but that's just me.
__________________
I don't care what you believe in....just believe.

Me DW DS 14 DS 8 DS 2

The DisneyGuy Clan Hits the world...8/10-8/16

My non-Disney related hobby.
DisneyGuy758 is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #516
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey
 
YukiPhnx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 3,020

Is anybody else subscribed to touringplans.com?

I'm creating some plans for a co-worker that's leaving in 2 weeks and I'm having a great time!! I love being able to create a custom plan instead of just following the ones in the book. Sure, I thought the book's plans were great, but being able to create custom plans for my co-worker is really going to help them out.

I can't wait to see how they found it. If anything, crowds will be low when they go anyways.
YukiPhnx is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #517
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran
 
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada, Eh!
Posts: 6,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuy758 View Post
We went there in 2007. I wasn't all that impressed overall.

We had DS7 and DS1 at the time...so that may have clouded my judgement...it seems like it's fit more for couples, or older familes...but that's just me.
I definitely think that Sci-Fi is geared for older families. Eating in the cars, the very dim lighting, and just the "old movie" thing wouldn't be overally appealing for parents with wee ones. Our son was 13 when we went, so he liked the "vibe".

As for the food, we had read (here on the Disboards) before we went to stick with the burgers, fries, onion rings and shakes as the other menu items were less than impressive. So that's what we did. And success . While not remarkable, they were tasty enough to fill the bellies.

pigletto's kiddos are a similar age to my son, so they will likely be fine and have a great time . Not sure how her vegetarian daughter will fare, though. Haven't looked at a menu for there in a while!
__________________
Gina and her two guys ...conquering awesome Orlando, one offsite attraction at a time!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899


Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #518
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
All those trips, pigletto, and you have never been to Sci-Fi?

We enjoyed the atmosphere.......and the food was just fine. Good memories from '09!



Lordy, lordy......Jake looks so young!!!

I hear ya on the breakfast cost. But its soooo fun to get in a character meal while on vacation (especially as our kiddos grow older and those opportunities get fewer and further between).

Gina look at his baby face!!! They grow up so fast don't they!!\

DD and DS would do well at Sci Fi I think. DD would probably order two apps as her meal with one being the onion rings for sure
__________________
pigletto is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #519
ellie'smom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 222

Disney here we come!! We are doing the bounceback offer again this year. Our dates are Aug 20th to Sept 3rd. We chose POR again because my family enjoyed the resort so much this past summer. Usually like to try a new resort( or 2) every year but they really liked staying there. I wanted to do OKW and thought that I changed my daughter's mind about staying at POR, but my spouse said he really wanted to do POR again. He rarely asks for much when I plan our vacations so...
ellie'smom is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #520
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,558

My husband is the same. The kids have preferences but they are happy anywhere. Dh never asks for a thing. So when he really likes something I have no problem going along with it. He LOVES Ohana. I like it, the kids like it, but he would eat there every trip if he could. So I make sure I am up bright and early at 180 days out to get that Ohana ressie!
__________________
pigletto is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #521
Brahlt
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 42

We are booked for 9 nights at the YC the last week of August. This will be our first time at a deluxe (got a great deal).
Brahlt is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #522
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran
 
Victoriasmom98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Augusta, Maine
Posts: 2,343

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahlt View Post
We are booked for 9 nights at the YC the last week of August. This will be our first time at a deluxe (got a great deal).
so awesome!!!!
Victoriasmom98 is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #523
Mrsdonaldduck
Earning My Ears
 
Mrsdonaldduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahlt View Post
We are booked for 9 nights at the YC the last week of August. This will be our first time at a deluxe (got a great deal).
That is wonderful!!! YC is so beautiful!
Did they post discounts for August yet?
__________________
2008 - 2012 GF
Mrsdonaldduck is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #524
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran
 
momto3gr8boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rockville Centre, NY
Posts: 2,209

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie'smom View Post
Disney here we come!! We are doing the bounceback offer again this year. Our dates are Aug 20th to Sept 3rd. We chose POR again because my family enjoyed the resort so much this past summer. Usually like to try a new resort( or 2) every year but they really liked staying there. I wanted to do OKW and thought that I changed my daughter's mind about staying at POR, but my spouse said he really wanted to do POR again. He rarely asks for much when I plan our vacations so...
Yay for your trip! I have not stayed at POR, but have stayed at POFQ and OKW, and to be honest, I would choose Port Orleans over it. I know people love it, but of all the deluxes I've stayed at, it's my least fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahlt View Post
We are booked for 9 nights at the YC the last week of August. This will be our first time at a deluxe (got a great deal).
Woo Hoo! We will be at BC - when are you going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsdonaldduck View Post
That is wonderful!!! YC is so beautiful!
Did they post discounts for August yet?
I don't think Disney has...some PINS, but I am going to assume the PP may have gotten an *** deal, like so many of us going in August have.
__________________
Christine DWDS(18) DS(16)DS(14)Picasso






*******************************************
momto3gr8boys is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #525
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)
 
mrstomrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 2,659

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuy758 View Post
We went there in 2007. I wasn't all that impressed overall.

We had DS7 and DS1 at the time...so that may have clouded my judgement...it seems like it's fit more for couples, or older familes...but that's just me.
I have to agree. We liked the atmosphere, but the food was not good at all. They were the worst ribs I ever had!
__________________
Me: 33 visits DH: 13 visits DS10: 12 visits DS7: 11 visits Raleigh
mrstomrice is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: