Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #1
gogo
DIS Veteran

Should not be allowed in the CL lounge

I observed people pouring water from the large bottles in the CL lounge into their personal bottles (I assume to take into the park). This is just gross and should not be allowed. If you are going to do this, please don't put the glass bottle back on the table where other guests will unknowingly pour from the same bottle and get your germs.

I observed a lady with several kids take their individual bottles and put them in contact with the lounge water bottles so not to spill the water. I understand wanting to take water to the parks and there are a number of ways to do this. You could buy a container with a larger opening so as not to press the bottles together or just take the whole bottle and pour them into yours. I can't believe an adult would not know this is unsanitary.

If I receive a survey from Disney, I'll certainly identify this practice.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #2
honkytonkmama
Mouseketeer

Are you talking about wide mouth water bottles? Cuz if so I dont see how anyone else germs would get in to the bigger bottle?
Aug 2015 - off site???
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #3
donaldlovesdaisy
DIS Veteran

I can see how if they are not using wide mouth bottles how that would be icky!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #4
gogo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honkytonkmama View Post
Are you talking about wide mouth water bottles? Cuz if so I dont see how anyone else germs would get in to the bigger bottle?
That's my point. If someone is going to pour water into their own personal water bottle, at least use the wide mouth ones so you don't have to butt them up together in order not to spill the water.

The bottles in the CL have a regular size top and the lady pouring into hers was the same size. Yuck!

Personally, I would ask to take a whole bottle to pour into my families bottles. We all pay a lot to stay CL so I understand wanting to take water to the parks but this is an unsanitary practice and adults should know better.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #5
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

and shoes should be worn at all times. How disgusting to not wear shoes. It is not your personal living room/kitchen people! Teenagers doing this and their "parents" say nothing.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #6
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

I hope the OP told the lounge attendant about this so they could replace the bottles.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #7
gogo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
I hope the OP told the lounge attendant about this so they could replace the bottles.

Actually, no I did not tell the cm's. I don't think this is a new practice because I've read about it plenty. Believe me the CL cm's where I stayed were great and there are plenty of them around.

Please don't turn this into you should have told, etc., etc. I'm actually surprised I didn't but by posting it, hopefully others will see themselves and think about not doing it. It was a split decision not to. Please don't lecture. My son and I actually used the water after I witnessed this (not the same bottle as the woman put back) but who knows if I used one that someone else emptied into theirs?
Old 01-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #8
glasslipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo View Post
My son and I actually used the water after I witnessed this (not the same bottle as the woman put back) but who knows if I used one that someone else emptied into theirs?
I think after observing what the other woman did, I would have just asked for a new bottle so as not to have any concerns.

Last edited by glasslipper; 01-23-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:58 AM   #9
gogo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasslipper View Post
I think after observing what the other woman did, I'd would have just asked for a new bottle so as not to have any concerns.
I don't think this is an occasional occurrence. I've read that a lot of CL guests do this so replacing that one particular bottle does not help if it is ongoing.

Just my observation, take it for what it is worth
Old 01-23-2013, 09:04 AM   #10
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

Do they not have individual water bottles to simply grab and go to the parks?

For what you pay at club level, there should be bottled water to take to your room, the parks, wherever.

This drastically changes my opinion about CL.

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #11
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27 View Post

For what you pay at club level, there should be bottled water to take to your room, the parks, wherever.

No they do not have individual water bottles.

The bottled water are Evian and are in large glass bottles. If you ask the CM, they will more than willing give you a bottle to take back to your room.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #12
lov2b@disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27 View Post

They don't have them out, but at BC CL last summer they had individual bottles of dasani if you asked for them

Old 01-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #13
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

Was just at yc cl and asked for plastic water bottles and they said they didn't have them.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #14
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Yeah. That's disgusting. Thanks for the heads up! On the last cruise we were on, there were big signs by the beverage dispensers asking people to please fill a glass with water and THEN fill their water bottles if they wanted water to take away. You were not allowed to fill your bottle directly from the dispenser. There is a good reason why they do this!

Quite honestly, if i see those big evian bottles in CL, I open a new one to pour into my glass. some people may think this is wasteful. I call it sanitary.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #15
elaw
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, It can be tough to police the CL lounge offerings ... The CM's are not always watching the guests. Some parents just dont seem to care. I've witnessed many kids pick through some of the various offerings and grab then put back muffins. bagels etc. Some parents will carefully watch their kids and instruct them to not put an item back once touched and other just let them loose without any supervision.
As far as the water goes ... We usually just ask for a bottle to take back to the room .... I have not personally witnessed the OP's observation but will keep my eyes open for it next time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: